M390/Blue G10 Para 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

DallasSTB wrote:Blue G10 huh? Anyone have an idea what that looks like? Being a fairly new to Spydieland, I don't remember seeing that material used.
Look for pictures of Sage 3, blue Dodo or blue Manix 2. That should give you some idea of past blue G10 from Spyderco. The new one may be a different shade but it should be close.
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
Beanie-Bean

Post by Beanie-Bean »

Thanks, jossta--I've placed my pre-order in with BBS for the new Para2 M390.
Spyderbitten in 2011 and haven't been the same since.
Peruna

Post by Peruna »

Thanks for the head's up. I went in for one, too. I think I will have to watch the pre-orders for 2012, now though. I plan on adding the M390 Millie and with the 35VN Para and a few customs on order....ouch.
jossta

Post by jossta »

Guessing it's gonna be something like these, although some are hoping for Navy.

cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

I sure hope it like the blue above.

I love the smurf blue on my dodo.
Come Join Us Click Here
Mwalle6

Post by Mwalle6 »

I hope it's a bit darker...navy blue or blue jean blue...the smurf blue draws too much attention for me.

If it's light blue I will dye it or have some custom scales made for it.
Member of the LH Military Club

My Spydies - Military Lefty, Endura 4 PE, Caly 3.5 Super Blue, Chaparal, Bolstered Manbug, Nishijin Cricket Caly 3.5 ZDP/CF
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I am guessing it will be the light blue...though yes I do hope for a somewhat darker or less obvious blue.
On the hunt for...
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

younggun wrote:that's weird. it's not in the online catalog either.
It doesn't look like the dealer exclusives make it into the catalog, even the on-line one. I think that is because being a dealer exclusive they don't sell them out of the SFO store. The Manix2 w/M4 blade isn't there either and it was a bento box exclusive. I tried to get info on when the Manix was going to be sent to Bento box but Spyderco said I had to get any info from bento box and they kept saying they were waiting on Spyderco and that they couldn't predict a time frame. The knives would just magically appear. :D Those are my words. :D There was a knife only on CS a few months ago but I don't remember the model. I think it was orange. I don't think it is in the on-line catalog either.

Jack
pry

Post by pry »

This is really tempting, love the blue. I think I am going to try and hold out for the cf m390 millie though ;)
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Mwalle6 wrote:I hope it's a bit darker...navy blue or blue jean blue...the smurf blue draws too much attention for me.

If it's light blue I will dye it or have some custom scales made for it.
Smurf blue? I've never heard that color before. :D I should have taken the advanced art classes. :D I'm laughing sort of but actually, I really know what you mean.

Jack
Mwalle6

Post by Mwalle6 »

jackknifeh wrote:Smurf blue? I've never heard that color before. :D I should have taken the advanced art classes. :D I'm laughing sort of but actually, I really know what you mean.

Jack
Smurf blue was introduced as a color in the 18th century impressionism movement. Spyderco stole it. Educate yourself! haha
Member of the LH Military Club

My Spydies - Military Lefty, Endura 4 PE, Caly 3.5 Super Blue, Chaparal, Bolstered Manbug, Nishijin Cricket Caly 3.5 ZDP/CF
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Even though recent threads seem to indicate that Spyderco sprint runs will fall apart just by looking at them ;) , I put in my preorder. I couldn't start a rumor about this knife only to pass up on it when it came true! While I picked up the M390 Mule, I use folders more often for my cutting tasks, so it will be nice to get some M390 in something I use a ton. This will also be my first Para2, as I wanted to get it in a sprint and didn't care for the light gray scales on the 20CP, so I held out. I was almost starting to regret passing that one up, but am glad I did now!
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Beanie-Bean

Post by Beanie-Bean »

jackknifeh wrote:...There was a knife only on CS a few months ago but I don't remember the model. I think it was orange. I don't think it is in the on-line catalog either
That's correct! It was my first Manix2--Orange/S30V/FFG. I use that thing quite a bit, and to me, it's just plain old Manix.

There was the big glow-in-the-dark Manix2 from EDC Forums, too. Got one of those on the second run, and it's a safe queen now.

Tan M4 from Bento Box, Orange H-1 Ladybug from County Comm, the Para2 from KW...can't think of what else I have at the moment is dealer exclusive, but I sure can appreciate the knives.

Thanks, Sal & Spyderco!
Spyderbitten in 2011 and haven't been the same since.
mongatu

Post by mongatu »

M390 and Para 2: My current favorite stainless steel in my current favorite platform. The only negatives to me are the color and that it probably won't be run to the ideal hardness. But it still should be a great one and a must have for me.
Peter - My :spyder:'s:
Caly~3.5 (VG-10 & S. Blue); Para2~(20CP~M390~S30v); Military~(M390~S30v); Endura & Delica~4~FFG; Native~(S30v); Caly~Jr.~(ZDP); Manix~2~(M4); Ladybug~3~(VG-10. SE); Mules~(M390).
Chopping Broccoli

Post by Chopping Broccoli »

Pre order placed. I was going to get the Brown Para 2 but this is something I can't pass up. I'm in!
Current Spydies....
Captain
Persian
Chinook 3
Manix 2
Stretch (Black CE and Blue ZDP)
Military (orange, brown, and CF)
Para Military 1 (black) (My EDC)
Para Military 2 (grey, orange, brown, blue, green)
Khukuri
Sage 1, 2, 3, & 4
Dodo
Chokwe
Gayle Bradley
Caly 3.5 Super Blue
UKPK
Urban (Wharncliffe and Leaf)
Progrip
Endura (white, orange, and G10)
Delica x6
Dragonfly x2
Ladybug x4
Perrin Street Bowie
Super Leaf

c.joe

Post by c.joe »

edit- oops you guys beat me to it.

I think the Para2 is now the new Manix 2 sprint run knife! I'm excited to see what else is next.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

There was an orange S30V Manix 2 that didn't appear on the Spyderco website because it was a dealer limited for CS rather than a sprint.
jackknifeh wrote:It doesn't look like the dealer exclusives make it into the catalog, even the on-line one. I think that is because being a dealer exclusive they don't sell them out of the SFO store. The Manix2 w/M4 blade isn't there either and it was a bento box exclusive. I tried to get info on when the Manix was going to be sent to Bento box but Spyderco said I had to get any info from bento box and they kept saying they were waiting on Spyderco and that they couldn't predict a time frame. The knives would just magically appear. :D Those are my words. :D There was a knife only on CS a few months ago but I don't remember the model. I think it was orange. I don't think it is in the on-line catalog either.

Jack
jimnolimit

Post by jimnolimit »

i might have to make this a christmas gift.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Oh boy. I'm in. Preorder placed - even if the $20 deposit is non-refundable.

I need a companion for my Sage3 - I'm hoping it is the same smurf blue G10.

TedP
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

What will you think the price will be? $150-170 range?