New Owner

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
klamp

New Owner

Post by klamp »

Well, after many years, I finally decided to buy a Spydie. 2 actually: Sage 1 & Para 2 (CTS20CP). I was seriously contemplating a Para 2 CF with S90V, but I thought 2 knives was better than 1. Anyway, I'm anxious for my new EDCs. I plan on EDCing these with a suit and tie. I think the Sage is better suited for it with the wire clip. I saw a Para 2 with a wire clip mod. Does anyone have a thread or "how-to" on how to do it?
I_like_sharp_things

Post by I_like_sharp_things »

You picked two awesome knives. I think that most people send their Para 2s to someone for the wire clip because there has to be modifications to the G10.
Spyder Count: 7
klamp

Post by klamp »

Any details on who does it?
DrChimRichalds

Post by DrChimRichalds »

I_like_sharp_things wrote:You picked two awesome knives.
+1. Welcome to the sickness. :spyder:
jossta

Post by jossta »

Not sure he does wire clips, but STR would be a good place to start. He has a sub-forum at bladeforums.

Also, if you want to carry the Para in a suit pocket, I think you'll find you're suits will he happier if you sand down the G10 a good bit. The G10 on the CTS Para 2 is very grippy and I imagine it will tear some clothes right up of in not too long.

Edit: Welcome!
dmon

Post by dmon »

Welcome, and sit tight on your wallet, these Spyders will empty it in a blink. :)
Just kidding. Congrats on new blades. Good choices.