Spyderco Ostap Projects

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ostap

Spyderco Ostap Projects

Post by Ostap »

Hello everybody!

First of all I want to ask a moderator is it a right place for topic like this? Or should I create it in other section (like off topic)? If its wrong section please move it to the right. Thx!

So, lets start. Like you see I'm a new user of this nice forum. My name is Ostap Hel and I'm 20 years old. I was born in Ukraine but now live in Poland so if you have any question you can PM me in eng, russian, ukrainian or polish. Sorry for my english, it isnt very well but I tried to posting without mistakes :rolleyes:

I'm interested in knives like most of you and use a Tenacious for my EDC. I like spyderco designs but sometimes i want to change somethings in those pretty folders. Still dont have enought money, skills and tools to make it so i decided to make some projects in simple graphic program. It is my vision of Spyderco knife for me.

I decided to show my vision of Spyderfolders on this forum where is so many Spyderlikers and if you like it i can designed and show you more :)

If you have any suggestions, questions, or critic write it on!

Spyderco Ostap Project #1

This folder dont have a linehole becouse i like small handle and long edge and always carry my Tenacious in tip down position.

5. Short animation with lock mechanism:
http://youtu.be/t8DEy46bcdA
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

Welcome to the forum..
pmbspyder

Post by pmbspyder »

wow man, welcome to the forum, that's mighty impressive! I would buy one if they were produced for sure! very interesting design you got there, liking the "tanto-esque" blade for sure!
Latest :spyder:: Yojimbo 2
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I like that while it is a right hand knife you still managed to make it lefty friendly...
On the hunt for...
Ostap

Post by Ostap »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:I like that while it is a right hand knife you still managed to make it lefty friendly...
I'm lefthand person, but i used right hand knives without prolems. But only if they have clips on left side. Like tenacious or folder in my project.

So if you like it i can show you more my various spyderco visions ;)
angusW

Post by angusW »

Ya, lets see them Ostap. Really like this one you did. Again +1 for the left hand carry option :)
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

I'd buy one of those in a minute. It's pretty sweet.
Spider bite

Post by Spider bite »

Nice work! Looks like it would fit in my hand well.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."-George Smith Patton, Jr
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Nice!
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

welcome and please tell me, what did you use to do the graphic designs :eek:
hickster

Post by hickster »

Nicely done!
I like the straightness of the main edge and the slight belly to the forward edge. The overall shape is very pleasing to the eye.
hickster
v8r

Post by v8r »

Very nice! I really like angular things. I would really like this knife as long as the blade is longer than 3 inches. It has that sexy angular shape like a Cadillac CTS-V.
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
iwolf81

Post by iwolf81 »

That is extremely impressive! The curved back reminds me of the Poliwog.

Congrats!
Ira
D3 CE, FG D4 CE Krein'd, Blue D4 FFG, Pink D4, Caly3 SE, USN E4 CE, Pink E4 CE, E4 ZDP-189 SE, FG E4 CE, E4 G10 FFG, Tenacious SE, Para SE, Para D2, Millie D2, ATR SE, Orange Assist I, Blue Rescue 93, Khukuri, Barong, Meerkat, Ladybug H1 SE, Manix 2 XHP, Rock Salt, S90V Mule Krein'd, JD Smith Sprint, Brown Matriarch SE, Poliwog, Stretch CE, Millie M4/Ti, Rock Lobster, Zulu, Rescue 79, D'Allara Rescue, LadyHawk SE, Lum Tanto Sprint, Dragonfly G10, Chaparral, Sage I, Caspian, Gayle Bradley
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Awesome knife and awesome first post. Keep the designs coming!
My :spyder:'s: Tan M4 Manix!, P'kal, Rock Salt, Pink Endura CE, Orange Moran, USN Endura, Bug, Honeybee, FRN Cricket.
nightburn

Post by nightburn »

Awesome! I to played around with creating my own knife design on my computer. However, my results were not nearly as good as yours and I ultimately gave up in frustration. Although, you've re-inspired me so I may give it a go again :)

There are custom knife makers out there that could take your design comps and create one. This would be an awesome spyderco. IMO, spyderco doesn't make enough tantos.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Very nice work. It wouldn't be hard to put a lanyard tube in where the hole in the clip is...it doesn't look like it would interfere with anything. I like the blade design, but something about the overall design feels like it should be a big skinner type blade.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

I see jimping and skeletonized liners. I would buy it. Not a fan of the sharpened swedege at the spine though. Just my preferences YMMV
:spyder:Current Spydies:spyder:
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

:spyder:En Route:spyder:
Spyderco Navaja

Post by 224477 »

Nice design, good blade to handle angle, makes natural grip... :)
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

Impressive Ostap :) would like to know the software that was used to model and render your images. I model machinery parts everyday using Solidworks.

I'm not a tanto fan, but still appreciate your work. It'd be fun to look at other stuff you're thinking about :)
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
Ostap

Post by Ostap »

Hi!

Thanks for all comments!
razorsharp wrote:welcome and please tell me, what did you use to do the graphic designs :eek:
dbcad wrote:Impressive Ostap :) would like to know the software that was used to model and render your images. I model machinery parts everyday using Solidworks.
I use Corel Draw 12. It's not renders, just add some colors to simple picture and here it is :) I tried to learn how to create parts and renders in Solidworks but it's still to complicated for me...
nightburn wrote:Awesome! I to played around with creating my own knife design on my computer. However, my results were not nearly as good as yours and I ultimately gave up in frustration. Although, you've re-inspired me so I may give it a go again :)

There are custom knife makers out there that could take your design comps and create one. This would be an awesome spyderco. IMO, spyderco doesn't make enough tantos.
I hope someone get my designs and make a real folder. Maybe Spyderco? I would buy one of them for sure... But now I'm trying to create a knife designed by me. Today I was training all day with my new tools and maybe I will show you a results, when I'm done it if you want.

Nightburn - if you have picture of knife which you tried to design on paper or simple shape in your PC or only an idea how that knife would look like you could send it to me and I would help you done it or make visualisation in program which I use. Just PM me and we could create your knife together :)
Evil D wrote:Very nice work. It wouldn't be hard to put a lanyard tube in where the hole in the clip is...it doesn't look like it would interfere with anything. I like the blade design, but something about the overall design feels like it should be a big skinner type blade.
It would interfere :( You could see it on animation (on yt after pictures) if i want to make a lanyard I should make a handle bigger or blade shorter and I dont want to do that...