Best "store" to find Ltd Ed's

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ilikeknives

Best "store" to find Ltd Ed's

Post by ilikeknives »

At least New Graham has a category for them, but how do I search and moreover, how do I know whats coming up to fill my collection with Low Produced #'s and not just "common" knives??
Thanks again.
BY the way, excellent heds up on the howe's knives, thanks much !!!
jossta

Post by jossta »

Knife Center usually has pre-orders up way before they're released if you go to the Spyderco page and then click new Spyderco products. As far as knowing what's coming, check here as often as possible.

Only way not to miss something...
Meshuggah

Post by Meshuggah »

Store's not so much, but it always helps to check 5 or 6 different forums a couple of times a day if you're really on the lookout for something.
Spyderco's owned: Worker, Police (9 different versions), Captain, ATR (2x), Endura, Tenacious, Gayle Bradley, Delica, Terzuola, Terzuola Jr., Ti Military, Lum Chinese (in Ti and black), Lum Tanto Ti, Lum Tanto sprint, ParaMedic PE, Manix I, Manix I sprint, Civilian, Spyderfly, Szabofly, Starmate, Navaja

Incoming : Manix I

Want: CF Police

Grail : Civilian PE
TD22057

Post by TD22057 »

I've had better luck using the phone or email. Get in touch with them ahead of time and tell them you're interested in something that's coming out. I don't know how well it works at various internet stores but I know I send most of my business to one location and they are usually happy to keep a sprint run available for me if I give them enough notice.
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

Many places are tired of dealing with preorder lists. Especially the small places are having trouble keep a list up-to-date, and making sure everyone gets a knife can be hard. Lots of places seem to go on a FCFS basis

I got lucky today. at 3pm I looked at Cutlery Shoppe and they had 8 Lum Tanto knives in stock. I placed an order and crossed my fingers that some other lucky 8 didn't already beat me to the punch. If you email Jeff at CS i'm sure he could get you on a backorder list or something.

This is my first sprint run knife, but I get the impression that there is some chasing involved if it is a popular sprint. I have seen grey para2s and lum tantos come in stock at several different online stores (mainly the ones mentioned on the forum a lot) and only remain in stock for an hour or less. It all depends on how many they get, if they do preorders/backorders, or if you just miss them coming in stock.

Everytime I see a popular sprint in stock I let everyone know with a new thread here and I see others doing the same. Best bet is to check your favorite dealers often, and check the forums as well.
:spyder:Current Spydies:spyder:
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

:spyder:En Route:spyder:
Spyderco Navaja
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

One way to guarantee you receive all Sprints and sponsored riuns is to join the Spyderco Collector's Club, with a Sliver Level membership. Doing so commits you to taking every one of them, plus one of every brand new model that comes out, but you can always sell off any knives you don't wish to keep.

Short of that, your next best bet would be to develop a good working relationship with one of the many excellent dealers out there, and put in a standing order for any Sprints. No guarantee that way, they may already have regular customers ahead of you in their queue and not receive enough knives to satisfy everyone.

Short of that, you can place orders with every dealer who accepts pre-orders and hope for the best. However, that only works if you become aware a particular Sprint is available for pre-order before everyone else.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
cckw

Post by cckw »

I'm a loyal customer of a local shop and since early this year he holds 2 of every Sprint for me automatically. I take them both every time so that he keeps doing it. If I pass on the less desirable one then why should he keep saving me the most desirable. So I take them all with a smile and never mention anything about online pricing or etc. loyalty earns loyalty! This has been a great Sprint year, only the Dyad is boring to me. Going to get my Military CTS-XHP's tomorrow!
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

With the exception of desirable ones like the Manix2, Para2, Military, etc in desirable materials your chance of getting a sprint is actually quite good.

If you are on the bandwagon of Para-ites the best thing to do is preorder a couple places and sell any extras. You could prob cancel all others once you get a shipping confirm at one place.

Edit: I typed "limited" to the Spyderco search window and got a ton of sprints. It's not foolproof but works decent if you would rather not check out the yearly and supplement catalog.
Jurisprudence

Post by Jurisprudence »

cckw wrote:. Going to get my Military CTS-XHP's tomorrow!
Interesting. So, these Millies are now shipping?
jossta

Post by jossta »

Yeah, that sentence stood out to me too. Release is too close to too many other knives for me to get in on this one. Trying to resist...
Slash

Post by Slash »

Well as nice as it is to have a user friendly site that has a separate tab. If you hang around the forums enough you'll know what's limited and what is not.

I'll not reveal any of my secret knife suppliers that satify my addiction, for you guys to grab them all up before me...sorry :P
2cha

Post by 2cha »

If you're willing to pay suggested retail or more, but scared of the secondary market or just have to have something, try Country Knives. Their website is not the easiest to navigate, their search function stinks, though I think that maybe using the product number instead of the name of a knife does work.
cckw

Post by cckw »

Jurisprudence wrote:Interesting. So, these Millies are now shipping?
I can't confirm this with my own eyes for at least 12 more hours :)
cckw

Post by cckw »

cckw wrote:I can't confirm this with my own eyes for at least 12 more hours :)
I can confirm it now. Yes I own 2 Brown Military with CTS-XHP. I don't have a decent camera, so not going to bother trying. but other will have photos soon I'm sure