Just ordered an Urban...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Trihonda

Just ordered an Urban...

Post by Trihonda »

Never had a non-locking Spydie, so I'm taking a leap... However, the price was so good at SierraTradingPost that I had to buy it ($58).

Can anyone tell me about this knife, and/or post some pics with comparisons to other popular Spydies? :) Thanks
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

My Urban (orange) locks up really tight. It takes a lot of force to disengage it. I still prefer having a lock, but it's a great little knife, and very well made.

:bug-red-white
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

Fantastic knife and one of my favorites. Hope you enjoy it.
quattrokid73

Post by quattrokid73 »

I'm carrying my wharnie Urban right now. It is a fantastic knife. Amazing how much cutting power is in such a small package. It's a true city knife.
http://www.coroflot.com/aham73

:spyder: Orange Millie, UKPK Orange, DP UKPK, FRN UKPK Maroon DP, Urban Wharnie, Chokwe, Zulu, Mini Persian G-10, Spin Etched, Leafstorm, Caly Jr Gray, Sage 3, Lum CF

Every machine is the spiritualization of an organism.
pmbspyder

Post by pmbspyder »

Congrats! I only see it there for $89 though.....you have a coupon code or something?
Latest :spyder:: Yojimbo 2
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Blimey - $58 would be a steal for an Urban! :D
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Yeah, if you sign up for the STP email list, they send you coupon codes all the time. My favorite are the "Additional 40% off our lowest price" coupons.

I recently purchased an orange leaf-blade UKPK and an orange urban for a grand total of $115 (combined!). Last year I bought the white micarta Goddard sprint run for $67.

STP's selection is limited, but it can give you some decent deals.

TedP
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I own both and while they have had extremely limited use, I think that they are damned good little knives and I have never even had a thought or concern about the lack of a lock because the resistance is quite strong.
On the hunt for...
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

Its a great knife, Heres a couple comparison shots! Enjoy ypur new knife!

39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

I'm really enjoying the Urban leaf. It's one of my favorites and all too often it does the job of any larger knife I have on me. It's another one of my constant carries.

I find the spring to be reassuringly strong. With a grip using both of the choils one would have to get very, very careless or downright stupid to harm themselves. It never pays to get that way with an extremely sharp edge.

Enjoy your Urban :)
Attachments
Copy of current 4.jpg
Copy of current 4.jpg (97.26 KiB) Viewed 2619 times
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I'd say *someone* likes orange! :D
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

@dbcad

Did you make that MT handle, or buy it? I saw a few places that sell some cool scales like that for the MuleTeam
:spyder:Current Spydies:spyder:
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

:spyder:En Route:spyder:
Spyderco Navaja
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

Handle for the modified Mule came from Halpern Titanium, complete with the hardware needed. It serves very well :)
Charlie

Morris

Post by Morris »

spyderHS08 wrote:Its a great knife, Heres a couple comparison shots! Enjoy ypur new knife!

I bow down to your superior Cult of Orange!!! SWEET!!! :) :) :)

(and i love my Urban Wharncliffe too, it's a great knife, perfect small EDC size)

chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I hadda get my 100 percent UV protection glasses to look at this. :D

Awesome orange family. I love Vitamin C in my knives. :D
spyderHS08 wrote:Its a great knife, Heres a couple comparison shots! Enjoy ypur new knife!

spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

Thanks fellas, orange is definately my favorite knife. Cant wait for that orange dodo to accompany my others!

Hope your enjoying that badass urban bro!
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
bowarrow2000

Post by bowarrow2000 »

The Urban is a great little big knife. Simple and does the job.
tvhaugen

Post by tvhaugen »

I know this is an old thread, but I just ordered a Spyderco Urban Wharncliffe Blade G10 orange for $58 and am super excited about my first non-locking spyderco in my favorite color...ORANGE!
buckthorn

Post by buckthorn »

As I recently posted in another thread on this forum, "I, too, favor the Urban (leaf shape blade) and have carried mine a lot over the past few years. Only once did I wish it had a lock and it gave me plenty of warning to relax the cut I was making and avoid an accident." And, I'll add that I long ago removed the clip and just use it as medium size pocket knife. The larger handle models (UKPK, for example) feel a bit more comfortable in the hand, but, for its size, the Urban does very well. It is too bad it was discontinued.
dbcad

Couldn't resist the pic:-)

Post by dbcad »

This Urban leaf is a truly sweet littler knife :D
Attachments
urban edges small.jpg
Charlie