Native 4 pocket clip removal

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Allen R.

Native 4 pocket clip removal

Post by Allen R. »

Is it possible to remove the pocket clip from the native 4 it looks to be connected by a philips screw but i dunno any help would be appreciated blah first my wife says i spend all my time with knives now all i do is stay on the forum she just better hope that she dont say its me or the knives...lol
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

You just need a large flat head screwdriver and unscrew it. You may need one on each side to keep it from spinning.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
dgulbra

Post by dgulbra »

LOL. Sounds familiar you can unscrew the clip with a phillips screwdriver
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

On that style of clip, i use a dime or a penny.
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

Thanx guys it came off in 3 seconds with a penny and wow now she truly does fit my hand like a glove dont get me wrong i love pocket clips but on one the size of the native it jus seemed to get in my way and if i had to cut something really tuff it felt as if i was gonna break the clip off plus a knife this size disappears n ur pocket with no need for a clip
Orion's Belt

Post by Orion's Belt »

I'd love to try a Native, but the swedge really turns me off. I can't wait for the Native 5 though.
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

Orion's Belt wrote:I'd love to try a Native, but the swedge really turns me off. I can't wait for the Native 5 though.
Same here. The blade style just doesn't work for me. Anytime spyderco makes an FFG blade I have to buy it.
:spyder:Current Spydies:spyder:
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

:spyder:En Route:spyder:
Spyderco Navaja
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

The Native 5 has pretty much the identical blade to the native 4 just the 4 has the CF...and this is my usual coin pocket knife. It's small and pretty much disappears in my hand (all you can see is the blade from the end of the choil forward) and I love the CF on it, gives is a nice sophisticated look that doesn't make people think you are carrying anything dangerous. I can't wait to try the 5 with the G10...oh and I think that Sal should use that B75P for a Native 5 sprint :D
On the hunt for...
Teddy Thompson

Post by Teddy Thompson »

One minor point. Glad you got the clip off, but if a coin worked, the knife is not a Native 4. If it's FRN, then it's either an original Native Lightweight (flat steel clip) or a Native III (wire clip). If it's all stainless, its a Native 2. All of those used the barrel bolt fastener. The Native 4, on the other hand, used a three screw clip with T-6 Torx screws.
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

Crap its the original native i believe flat steel clip frn handle the box simply says native on it oh well that knife is still a lil beast i jus question how long the knife is gonna last its so lightweight no steel liners and seems it wud break really easy but for lite use my goodness its unbeatable but thanks for clarifying what model i had i was under impression i had a native 4 which is what it was advertised as on a certain mega internet shopping site which i will b raising cane for false advertisement watch out for a certain website named after a rain forest