Need help deciding next purchase

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Allen R.

Need help deciding next purchase

Post by Allen R. »

Have been looking at the military and para military for next purchase i live in a small town so i haft to buy all my knives online so my question is does anyone have pics of the military and para military together so i may see the size difference and if possible have something in the pics to reference the size of the knives i live in alabama and there are no laws as far as blade length goes as long as you dont carry a bowie knife on your belt but anyway which knife to you prefer and why? Thanks in advance and for everyone welcoming me into the forums
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

I'm not a Para/Millie fan, even though they are probably great knives. I had a Military but sold it to a more appreciating individual. It's just a matter of personal preference. I like the Lums :)

The Bradley is a superb piece piece of work. A great value for what you get. I have a first run version. The GB is iconic in the F&F department, add to that a deep hollow grind and CPM M4 with carbon fiber. It is a very sharp tank that's nimble at the same time :D
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
jossta

Post by jossta »

There's a pic. The Bradley is by far my favorite for edc and never leaves my pocket. The design and ergos of the Millie/Para a REALLY good though. I say get a Millie and a Bradley! They are all a bargain for what you get, so you can't go wrong.
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

Thanks for the pics i think im gonna go with the gb ive heard its tougher than a manix even though im not the type to abuse a knife i use it for cutting only and if theres a chance even a cutting task may harm my blade i go grab my ol beater knive a crkt m-21-04g or a buck vantage i still enjoy having a knife built like a tank.im not familiar with the m4 steel though what makes it superior to s30v ?
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

The GB is a great choice. It is a knife that looks likes a gents folder but is a true tank. The quality of build and the materials used make it probably the best value you can get in a Spyderco knife. You can probably get one for around $115 if you hunt a bit.

M4 is a semi stainless tool steel and it has better edge retention and is tougher than S30V. It does require a little more care though as it will patina and rust more easily than a steel like S30V.
On the hunt for...
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

Allen R. wrote:Thanks for the pics i think im gonna go with the gb ive heard its tougher than a manix even though im not the type to abuse a knife i use it for cutting only and if theres a chance even a cutting task may harm my blade i go grab my ol beater knive a crkt m-21-04g or a buck vantage i still enjoy having a knife built like a tank.im not familiar with the m4 steel though what makes it superior to s30v ?
Great choice.
I think the GB is one of spydercos best values. It is a work horse of a knife dressed in a tuxedo.
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

Allen you have a lot of choices and just about all of them are good :D You'll figure it out :D
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]