A message for sal

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Allen R.

A message for sal

Post by Allen R. »

New to forum bought my first spydie a month ago and in 30 days already own 4 and just ordered the 5th my god these knives are addictive!! If anyone has any spydies for sale let me know im always interested in a good deal
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Welcome to the forum :) . Buying/selling isn't done here. Sorry.
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

Welcome to the fun...
I think Sal has a few Spydercos for sale.. :)
MCM

Post by MCM »

There are lots for sale here:
Check the link:
http://spyderco.com/catalog/index.php
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

gunnut35 wrote:Welcome to the fun...
I think Sal has a few Spydercos for sale.. :)
MCM wrote:There are lots for sale here:
Check the link:
http://spyderco.com/catalog/index.php
Hehehehehe.
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

Guess i kinda set myself up for that i jus wanted to get first post in ,btw where might i find a manix 2 in s30v the ones in the catalog are 154cm and ive seen some in the s30v are these sprint runs only
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Welcome to the forum. And yes the S30V Manix 2 are all sprints. The newest manix sprint that is out now is basically s30v too...but you can get it for a more reasonable price than the older sprints. But you might want to jump on a order list asap as they tend to go fast.
On the hunt for...
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Welcome to the forum Allen R. Enjoy!!!!....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

You might check out the Paramilitary2 as well. The normal one comes FFG and s30v by default. It's about the cost as a sprint Manix2 or cheaper and also made in Golden, Co.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Blerv wrote:You might check out the Paramilitary2 as well. The normal one comes FFG and s30v by default. It's about the cost as a sprint Manix2 or cheaper and also made in Golden, Co.
Judging by the pre-order price I've seen to the latest Carpenter Sprint, it might only be a few dollars more than a Para 2. It looks like a very reasonably priced sprint and since it isn't out, the OP will probably have an easy time getting his hands on one if it doesn't take too long to get to dealers.

Allen, welcome to the forum.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

Welcome Allen!
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Allen,

Welcome to the Spyderco forum.

sal
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Allen R. wrote:New to forum bought my first spydie a month ago and in 30 days already own 4 and just ordered the 5th my god these knives are addictive!! If anyone has any spydies for sale let me know im always interested in a good deal
Blerv wrote:Welcome to the forum :) . Buying/selling isn't done here. Sorry.
Welcome Allen. Once in a while there comes a place that is 99% good and this is one. Spyderco is a customer (people) oriented company in addition to providing a great product line. The folks on the forum are friendly and knowledgable and willing to share, and learn also as no one knows everything.

Jack

PS
Blerv,
I looked at the knife laws in your signature and found my town. Folders <3" are legal. What's funny is about 6 years ago I called the police and no one knew the first law concerning knives. They were amused I even asked. Their opinion was if I don't poke people with a knife they don't care what I carry. :D Of course you can't live in my town unless you have a gun rack in the rear window of your pick up. :)

Jack
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

Like i said in 30 days ive bought an endura 2 stainless ,manix 2 ,endura 4 ,native and just ordered a delica yesterday, i used to collect benchmades but after my first spyderco ive found that spyderco knives are built just as well if not better than benchmades and imho spyderco's steels are far superior to benchmade for the money spydies are the best value in the knife industry today but guess im preaching to the choir
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

Welcome Allen, and yes, you are preaching to the choir :) I concur with your opinion also :) Materials are pretty much at the top for production knives.

What knives have you gotten so far? I find that with some carry and use they all seem to develop their own "personalities".
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

Ive got and endura 2 stainless i found at an old mom n pop gunshop it had feel down the counter and the date on the box was 1997 with an asking price of 57.00 i talked her down to 25 bucks on it telling her even though it was brand new it was 14 years old lol,then i was biten i got the manix 2 then an endura 4, native 4 and am awaiting a delica I just ordered last night.
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

You're bitten for sure :D You'll love the Delica no matter which flavor you bought. It's one of my constantly rediscovered knives....lolol.

Try to make sure you have a way to keep them sharp if you don't already. For me this forum has been the place I learned what sharp is and has given me the clues I needed to achieve it. Knives are always more enjoyable sharp :D
Charlie

Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

Oh yea bought a sharpmaker a few weeks ago and after reading the book and watching the dvd and actually following along with sal through the steps i can get a knife as sharp as any ive ever seen and thats jus with the fine stones if im gettimg those results with jus the fine stone im sure i could split hairs with the ultra fine stones not saying im an expert but that the sharpmaker with proper technique gives "scary sharp" results
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

Forget slicing paper i like to be able to push my knife with no slicing motion through paper to me that is sharp.in other words as sharp as a box cutter with a fresh blade
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

Sharp is good :D :D :D Be careful of the burrs though :)
Charlie