Spyderco Kiwi 3 Stag

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
grizzlyUSMC

Spyderco Kiwi 3 Stag

Post by grizzlyUSMC »

Hello everyone,

I'm new to these forums as I just recently purchased my first Spyderco knife, the Kiwi 3 with the stag handles. I'm really not digging the stag as much as I thought I would and after much searching I've seen many kiwi's with beautiful handles and such. Now my novice question is, can I purchase prefabricated inlays anywhere that will fit my knife or would I have to take it somewhere to get it professionally done?

Thank you for your time,

grizzly
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

The Kiwi's with various inlays are the the first generation Kiwi's, they were made like that from the factory. (2nd generation Kiwi was an all stainless steel one.) They had a backlock and were made in Seki with prices above 100$ or so. The Kiwi 3's that are now available are a different model (Chinese made slipjoints). There are no factory made replacement scales for them. So you would have to either make some yourself or have somone else make them for you. I've seen a couple with carbon fiber scales made by forumites here. :)
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

As Creepo said, no factory replacement scales for this, but you can make your own if you want to try! All you need is a dremel tool and some material. Check out Tony's thread on his Kopas and the various inlays he made. I've thought about picking up a few of the stag Kiwis to pull out the stag and drop in some bone, stone, wood or synthetics.

If you don't want to do it yourself, then there are quite a few talented knife modders out there that can probably make some inlays for you.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com