Radioactive Steel

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SuperFist

Radioactive Steel

Post by SuperFist »

*EDITED*
Please refrain from using racial slurs. If you have a legitimate question, we'll be happy to answer it so long as it is posted in accordance to the rules of our Forum.
Piet.S

Post by Piet.S »

All your knifelinks, http://www.knifelinksportal.com
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Yes they will...but since everything does, and we are bombarded with radiation every day, it doesn't matter one little bit.
On the hunt for...
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

Somebody took the time to join this forum just to ask that question. I thought I had too much free time.
"If you can't annoy somebody, there's little point in writing." — Kingsley Amis
quakeman

Post by quakeman »

STOP RIGHT THERE . IS NORMAL TO ASK THE SAME QUESTION , CAN I , is it safe to give my wife , my new bought ladybug salt seki city made , if we are trying to conceive a baby , the fact that seki city is about 400 km in straight line FROM FUKUSHIMA , is true that the japan authorities hide the real proportion of the disaster.
- can i worry for the safety of me and my family or i am just another TROLL

label of the knife ( i am afraid of even ask if this was made before OR AFTER the nuclear accident)
LYLS3 Ladybug Salt DK 1346
7 16104 00448 5
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

Srsly?
quakeman

Post by quakeman »

no i am joking about cancer
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

quakeman wrote:no i am joking about cancer
God, I hope so. Otherwise you really need to get educated about radiation.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
quakeman

Post by quakeman »

The Deacon wrote:God, I hope so. Otherwise you really need to get educated about radiation.

educated ? - i am experienced - i live exactly 539 km from Cernobil , ringing any bells ?
Murdoc

Post by Murdoc »

Does education/experience increase with the proximity to Cernobyl?

I'm 1800 km away - am I only less than 1/3 as experienced/educated as quakeman?

Questions, questions.... :D

I think I need some sleep. :o

Dennis
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Seriously, if you want steel with as little as possible content of radioactive isotopes find steel produced before WWII. After that, all bets are off, there minute amounts in virtually all modern steels.

Sounds like you need some basic information about radiation, an effect and radioactive materials, source of radiation.

http://www.epa.gov/radiation/rert/radfacts.html
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
quakeman

Post by quakeman »

you got my point and my concern , you dont have to be educated in rocket science to realize that radioactive atomic emissions induces cancer
quakeman

Post by quakeman »

Pinetreebbs wrote:Seriously, if you want steel with as little as possible content of radioactive isotopes find steel produced before WWII. After that, all bets are off, there minute amounts in virtually all modern steels.

Sounds like you need some basic information about radiation, an effect and radioactive materials, source of radiation.

http://www.epa.gov/radiation/rert/radfacts.html
basic information from sites with .gov , isnt the american gov , was digging artificial lakes for hydroelectric power plants with the blessing and benefic power of atomic bombs ?
- why on earth i would believe what ever they are telling us
STAK

Post by STAK »

:spyder: Just to know radiation is and was everywhere :eek: . . . . Stones are radioactive long-long time ago (YES stones that mankind used to and build our houses), iron that we use to build our homes, cell phones, PC and laptop materials etc :eek: . . . . Radiation from antennas, cell phones, any kind of chargers, even our food etc :eek: . . . . I always carry SPIDIES on me, and cell phones and i live in a house and i have an office that i do my work in to it, and i usually eat every day twice (at least) ;) . . . . RADIATION is in our lives, GET USED TO IT ;) . . . . :spyder:
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

Even those of us who are nowhere near a nuclear power plant get lots of radiation every day: microwaves, power lines, cell phones, cosmic rays, etc.

The idea that your actual number of lifetime Curies/Roentgens/rads (whatever) will be noticeably affected by the addition of a sliver of steel that was processed in a factory a few clicks down the road from Fukushima is very far-fetched. The issue isn't whether radiation is dangerous; the issue is whether there would be any measurable increase in radiation caused by a Japanese pocketknife.
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

quakeman wrote:basic information from sites with .gov , isnt the american gov , was digging artificial lakes for hydroelectric power plants with the blessing and benefic power of atomic bombs ?
- why on earth i would believe what ever they are telling us
Why on earth would you believe anything?
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

Enough dancing, are folks worried that the Japanese produced steels used by :spyder: are dangerously radioactive?.....................I would say no and hogwash to those that think they don't need to be educated on the subject of radioactive contamination.

Can't recall the zone around the reactors that is off limits right now but I will bet there is no steel manufacturing taking place there now if there ever was in the first place.

The Larger concern now should be the people affected by that disaster. Japan will be a while recovering from the disaster. It's a testament to the culture and people that they've done so well so far.
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
VG-10

Post by VG-10 »

It's time to break out the Geiger counters!!!
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

To heck with the Geiger counters... I've got popcorn and a cold beer. This is pure entertainment!

TedP
angusW

Post by angusW »

I think I took a wrong turn somewhere. This is not a typical thread on the Spyderco forum. I'm going to go looking for it now.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies