Military and Manix 2 sprints due out soon?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
michaelm466

Military and Manix 2 sprints due out soon?

Post by michaelm466 »

I was wondering if anybody knew approximate release dates for the Brown XHP Military and B75P Manix 2? I had it written down they were due in June, but haven't heard anything lately, I finally found the Mossberg 930 SPX I was looking for, but don't want to have to pass on these two if they are coming out in the next few weeks. (I'm also on the list for the BM AFCK M390 due out this month)
SpydieZ

Post by SpydieZ »

They dont release timelines
michaelm466

Post by michaelm466 »

From GPK.com "PRE-ORDER ITEM (ESTIMATED IN 06/30/2011)" They're right about 75% of the time, but sometimes they get delayed a month or two. So I was hoping somebody had heard something from some other dealer or maybe Sal or TazKristi might be able to answer if these were both on schedule or delayed.
dmon

Post by dmon »

michaelm466 wrote:I was wondering if anybody knew approximate release dates for the Brown XHP Military and B75P Manix 2? I had it written down they were due in June, but haven't heard anything lately, I finally found the Mossberg 930 SPX I was looking for, but don't want to have to pass on these two if they are coming out in the next few weeks. (I'm also on the list for the BM AFCK M390 due out this month)
Yep, I was keeping money aside for XHP Military but couldn't walk by the AFCK m390 yesterday. Guess I am done with shopping for a while :(
jossta

Post by jossta »

There will always be more Militaries, but who knows when they're going to get sick of making LE AFCKs. Right choice IMO.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Also the B75P Manix 2 no longer is being made.
On the hunt for...
SpydieZ

Post by SpydieZ »

the military is out I got mine last week, the manix is out also but it was changed from carpenters version of bg-42 to there version of s30v. Both are awesome knives the manix has a new course texture of g10 that is amazing!
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

The CTS-75P may be a while, as the current BD30 Manix sprint version took it's place due to a mismarked shipment of steel.
sal wrote:When we received the steel shipment, it was mismarked. We didn't know until we began heat treat that it wasn't CTS-75P.

CTS-75P was made especially for Spyderco to test and use. There is a batch being made and we will have some. This composition hasn't been done before in a powder.

sal
Now as to when, and if, the 75P still gets used in the Manix, we know not. As far as I know, the B75P Manix hasn't been ruled out completely, and may just be suffering a delay.

Regarding the XHP Millie, as SpydieZ noted, they are out already and should be showing up to the dealers very soon.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
dmon

Post by dmon »

jossta wrote:There will always be more Militaries, but who knows when they're going to get sick of making LE AFCKs. Right choice IMO.
Thank you. If I am not mistaking AFCK design was offered to Spyderco first before it was brought over to BM. Not sure though, rumors are funny things.
By the way that's a great selection of Spydies in your signature line.
jossta

Post by jossta »

dmon wrote:By the way that's a great selection of Spydies in your signature line.
Thank you, sir :) . Hope fully soon to include moar Tuff...

I can't remember the story, but somehow I think it involves pb&j and me ending up not happy at BM. Could be wrong though.

Whatever it is, I am not strong enough to resist that design.