Most desirable spydie you've gifted away

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
pmbspyder

Post by pmbspyder »

Pinetreebbs wrote:My hat is off to your generosity!

I gave my oldest son, the OIF Native and a Dragonfly with the Iraqi Freedom Service Ribbon onlay by Santa Fe Stoneworks.

I have gifted several non-Spyderco knives to fellows retiring at work. I replaced them with more Spyderco knives. ;)
Thanks! Making a family member happy like that (or your son for instance) is worth it's weight in gold. I wouldn't trade it in for all the spydies in the world!

And my gratitude and thanks to your son for his service!
Latest :spyder:: Yojimbo 2
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

I've given away few knives here and there, but the most valuable was the S90V Manix 2 to my girlfriend's son last Christmas.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
MCM

Post by MCM »

To name a few:
1/2 Dozen Wallmart Natives, a left handed Military & a S/E civilian.
All NIB.
I like my friends. :D
Also traded a few at a small loss to folks that had a void in their collection.
Think Forum knife and Toxic Green.
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
pmbspyder

Post by pmbspyder »

MCM wrote: Think Forum knife and Toxic Green.
WOW. You would have to rip that thing outta my hands to make me give it up (yes, they'd have to be cold and dead too).

Good on ya, that's a real standup thing to do with regards to other forum members...
Domanfp

Post by Domanfp »

Nobody beats Dr. Snubnose for spyder gifting. He has gifted at least half of all the Ronins produced.
-Frank

Delica and Endura are great knives! They're the low priced crack samples that'll get you hooked on spyderco! Feed the need!
-Michael Cook
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

For me....

I've given away a Sage II (Titanium) and a Caly III (CF in ZDP) to a couple of good friends. They needed them way more than I did. :)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Domanfp wrote:Nobody beats Dr. Snubnose for spyder gifting. He has gifted at least half of all the Ronins produced.
Thanks for saying that Domanfp....but it was only 82 Ronins gifted to Law Enforcement Agents....I know they are in good use for sure....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
dwong

Post by dwong »

Since I used my etched Spin mostly, gave away new etched Cricket which got lots of use now otherwise.
...but along w/ my etched D'fly, the set is no longer completed.

Onto the new set of 3, already got the LB salt, Salt1, just need D'fly salt :D
I see the atoms free and fine,That bubble like a sparkling wine; I see the songs Electrons sing,Jumping from ring to outer ring;
-Lister
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

I gifted a blue FFG Delica to a buddy. Before I gave it to him I polished the blade on waterstones, which also flattened it and made it thinner behind the edge. This took hours of painstaking labor to accomplish. He loves it - blue is his favorite color.
jezabel

Post by jezabel »

Not so long ago I gifted my Mini Manix to friend of mine who I knew would both appreciate it and look after it. I couldn't bear to see it sitting unused in my drawer.

J
FB04PBB, C07FS4K390, C12GS, C12SBK2, C36GS, C36GTIP, C36CFM390P, C36CFTIP, C36GPBORE, C41BKPS, C44GP&SGY, C46PS, C46GPBK, C52BKP, C52FPGYE, C63G3, C65TIP, C70S, C81FG, C81GS2, C81CFM4P2, C83BM, C83GP2, C101GP, C101GPS, C101CF90VP2, C105, C134CF, C151GODTiPBK
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

This forum and forumites are generally a very caring and sharing bunch I have found.

Personally I have gifted away:
Kopa Cocobolo, Kopa Quince, Kopa Micarta, Pink Natives, SS Ladybugs, Mini Persian 1, Glock Endura, CF pimped M4 Mule, Kiwi stag, Camo Millie to an Aussie soldier, and a fair few more. Reminds me I need to do another giveaway or two.

I have also been the lucky recipient of a few gifts from Spydiebros :)
Large Persian, Dodo, Forum Lava, a couple of Spydie kitchen knives....I'm sure there are a few more I have shamefully forgotten.

It certainly is sometimes better to give than receive. But to be on the receiving end makes you smile :) and want to return the favour to many others.
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
BAL

Post by BAL »

ozspyder wrote:This forum and forumites are generally a very caring and sharing bunch I have found.

Personally I have gifted away:
Kopa Cocobolo, Kopa Quince, Kopa Micarta, Pink Natives, SS Ladybugs, Mini Persian 1, Glock Endura, CF pimped M4 Mule, Kiwi stag, Camo Millie to an Aussie soldier, and a fair few more. Reminds me I need to do another giveaway or two.

I have also been the lucky recipient of a few gifts from Spydiebros :)
Large Persian, Dodo, Forum Lava, a couple of Spydie kitchen knives....I'm sure there are a few more I have shamefully forgotten.

It certainly is sometimes better to give than receive. But to be on the receiving end makes you smile :) and want to return the favour to many others.
Hey Oz, I'll let you know when my birthday is getting closer. I really like the warrior, or civilian or Lion Spy.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Hey pmbspyder, Thats a great great story. I have been debating about getting my Dad a spyder for Fathers day and that may have tipped the scale in his favor. However, Jordan's story may have tipped it back. My Dad's an old farmer and never spent more than 5 bucks on a knife ever, and they are always somewhat dull, (well compared to the spyders they are.) I have had that fear of the hospital trip for him. Of course, he wouldn't go, so he would just bleed on my Mom's carpet. On second thought, maybe a good ole Louis Lamour book will do.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

My favorite giftable Spydie was the original Catcherman. There are lots of fisher-persons in my extended family, so I probably gave away half a dozen before they discontinued it. Unfortunately, that included my own personal one which i passed along to my Brother-in-Law after he lost his first one in the Maumee River...

Gosh, darn, I loved that knife! Can't wait for it to make a re-appearance! Sal? Eric?

TedP
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

I gifted a few away as well.
Including a SS Cricket/SE to my best buddy who is a no knife type of man.
Last time I asked he still carries it every now and then.

The most precious Spydies that were given to me were:

Caly III/SE from Paul and the fully serrated CPM D2 Military AND Paramilitary from Sal.
Thanx very much again
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
pmbspyder

Post by pmbspyder »

Man logging in and seeing all these stories this morning makes me smile. This forum has got to be one of the best out there, I've never met such a tight knit group of forumites. I feel pretty lucky to be a member here...

BAL: I laughed at your internal debate. In my experience, giving a spydie to someone who's mostly been around dull, cheap knives, only increases the wow factor! But yes, blood on mom's rug is never a good thing!

Doc Snub: you are a true hero. What a selfless act, I'm sure there are 82 LEOs out there who would sing your praises if given the chance
dmon

Post by dmon »

When it comes to Spyderco, i am least generous man on this forum :) I have given away just two - Endura to my stepdad, and Pacific Salt went to father in law.
But i have given many Leathermans (Charge and Skeletools), and Victorinox (Swisstool and Champs) and other brands knives. This will change as I am becoming a Spyderholic i think. :)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Yeah, not much is coming out of my "collection". I don't buy many that don't get well used so gifting them doesn't really happen. I did give my buddy a Kiwi 3 though, which he won't carry because it's "too nice". Go figure.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
smikesmith3

Post by smikesmith3 »

Gave away a Manix Moonglow to my best friend. Couldn't NOT help him keep his Manix collection going.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"I wasn't a steel snob until I met CTS-XHP."
Spyderco Dealer
iwolf81

Post by iwolf81 »

I gave away a Spyderco Forum Purple Native to an Eagle Scout that got in trouble with his high school for having a knife in a ready kit in his car.

Although not exactly a give away, I sold a LNIB Caly 3 to a co-worker for $40 to help fuel his addiction. :)

Ira
D3 CE, FG D4 CE Krein'd, Blue D4 FFG, Pink D4, Caly3 SE, USN E4 CE, Pink E4 CE, E4 ZDP-189 SE, FG E4 CE, E4 G10 FFG, Tenacious SE, Para SE, Para D2, Millie D2, ATR SE, Orange Assist I, Blue Rescue 93, Khukuri, Barong, Meerkat, Ladybug H1 SE, Manix 2 XHP, Rock Salt, S90V Mule Krein'd, JD Smith Sprint, Brown Matriarch SE, Poliwog, Stretch CE, Millie M4/Ti, Rock Lobster, Zulu, Rescue 79, D'Allara Rescue, LadyHawk SE, Lum Tanto Sprint, Dragonfly G10, Chaparral, Sage I, Caspian, Gayle Bradley