Jess Horn C34 "Baby Horn"

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Lord vader

Jess Horn C34 "Baby Horn"

Post by Lord vader »

While out today browsing in an antique store I ran across a Jess horn C34 Baby horn all stainless with AUS-8, PE, and only paid $4.00 for it I`m really stoked. :)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

You should be. :D The generally sell for anywhere from 25 to 50 times that.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

Wow, just wow. Jealousy besets me like a wild dog.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
jonUSA,EARTH

Post by jonUSA,EARTH »

Pics Or It Didn't Happen :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Beautiful knives :)
jonUSA,EARTH wrote:Pics Or It Didn't Happen :)
Yeah :D ,
RJNC

Post by RJNC »

Wow! Deal of the century!
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

The Deacon wrote:You should be. :D The generally sell for anywhere from 25 to 50 times that.
This particular dealer said he is a knife collector,but he obviously didn`t know what he had or he was desperate.How rare are these Deacon? I can`t seem to find much info on this little jewel.
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

jonUSA,EARTH wrote:Pics Or It Didn't Happen :)
I definitely have the knife,I just don`t have a digital camera to take the pic.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Lord vader wrote:This particular dealer said he is a knife collector,but he obviously didn`t know what he had or he was desperate.How rare are these Deacon? I can`t seem to find much info on this little jewel.
The Baby Horn was produced in black micarta, white micarta, and all stainless. All three of them, plus burgundy micarta and white micarta versions of the full size C34, were made exclusively for A.G. Russell. Am sure none of the five were made in huge numbers. My guess would be 600 each, 1200 each tops, but it's just a guess. Never really got an answer on the number made from either AG or Sal. The white Baby is generally considered the most desirable, or at least it has always fetched the highest prices on eBay, but the SS and black versions of the Baby and the white and burgundy full size C34s all command good prices as well. Can't say any one of them shows up more often than the other two but, like many "rare" Spydercos on eBay, when one shows up and sells at a good price, more generally follow.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

The Deacon wrote:The Baby Horn was produced in black micarta, white micarta, and all stainless. All three of them, plus burgundy micarta and white micarta versions of the full size C34, were made exclusively for A.G. Russell. Am sure none of the five were made in huge numbers. My guess would be 600 each, 1200 each tops, but it's just a guess. Never really got an answer on the number made from either AG or Sal. The white Baby is generally considered the most desirable, or at least it has always fetched the highest prices on eBay, but the SS and black versions of the Baby and the white and burgundy full size C34s all command good prices as well. Can't say any one of them shows up more often than the other two but, like many "rare" Spydercos on eBay, when one shows up and sells at a good price, more generally follow.
Thank you Paul,so I guess these or the one I have would be considered "Rare" perhaps? I amazed that I found one,the odds of running across one would be like winning the powerball lottery.