Spyderco 2012 Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

I will submit my final Kopa wheel. Been promising this for some time now so here it is a quick one on my garage floor LOL :)

Model: C92 Spyderco Kopa - all factory variants
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

I said I wouldn't play...but I changed my mind as who can pass on the opportunity to be creative...here is my entree it's Called " Buddha Blesses Ladybug"...Doc :D
H1 Ladybug SE..."Buddha not Waterproof"
[img][IMG]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af33 ... 0_1322.jpg[/img][/IMG]
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
black

Post by black »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:here is my entree it's Called " Buddha Blesses Ladybug"
You are kiddding, aren't you? You can't be serious. The picture quality is crap. Would YOU print this?
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

black wrote:You are kiddding, aren't you? You can't be serious. The picture quality is crap. Would YOU print this?
How insulting!....so what if the quality according to you is crap....what if I wanted the hazy faded out look for creative mystical reasons....I didn't see anything in the rules about you having to use the most expensive camera equipment on the planet to enter this contest....Would I print it? I just did by posting it....If spyderco doesn't want to use it in their calendar that is their call, not yours.....The only thing that I can say is truly crap on this thread is YOUR ATTITUDE buddy..... :) Doc
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
BAL

Post by BAL »

ozspyder wrote:Mr Leatherneck !!!

Thank you for your service and thank you for that pic..... awesome !
Second that. Thank You.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Love the interpretation and the Buddha symbolism, Doc.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Hey Reject, awesome picture man.
unit

Post by unit »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:How insulting!....so what if the quality according to you is crap....what if I wanted the hazy faded out look for creative mystical reasons....I didn't see anything in the rules about you having to use the most expensive camera equipment on the planet to enter this contest....Would I print it? I just did by posting it....If spyderco doesn't want to use it in their calendar that is their call, not yours.....The only thing that I can say is truly crap on this thread is YOUR ATTITUDE buddy..... :) Doc
I dunno man...I thought it was a brilliant juxtaposition of the modern scientific design and the ancient philosophy with a clever filter applied to conjure imagery of being underwater where the knife would be at home along with the metaphorical "free flowing" concepts of Buddhism.

Brilliant sir....just brilliant!
Thanks,
Ken (my real name)

...learning something new all the time.
black

Post by black »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:I didn't see anything in the rules about you having to use the most expensive camera equipment on the planet to enter this contest
You don't need that to shoot a decent photo :cool:
I didn't say the picture is crap i said that the quality is crap which btw is a fact not an opinion.
dapagco wrote:
2) The picture must be available in hi-resolution in order to be considered. There have been a few posted so far that are making us question the quality.
eloreno

Post by eloreno »

The paramilitary2 is one of my favorite spydercos. An added bonus is that spyderco has made available cutting edge steels in the way of sprint run knives. Shown are a C81G2 and a C81GC02 in CPM-S30V, a C81GGY20CP2 in CTS-20CP and a C81CFP2 in CPM-S90V.
What's not to like!!

The image below is a low quality JPEG. I have a high resolution RAW copy as well. It was hard to chose between this picture and another one with them all open. But this one shows the business end. The great compression lock, the spyderco first pocket clip, and Sal and Erics signatures.

Thanks for the chance.

DrChimRichalds

Post by DrChimRichalds »

jadreptile wrote: Image
Absolutely gorgeous photo. I just ordered that same Sage III and the blue Manix 2 is one of my dream Spydies. Very jealous over here. Nice job!
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

Doc, enjoyed the pic as well as all of the rest that have come in.

The Buddha and the philosophy the figure represents is nice to see and think about. H1 Ladybug has been on my keychain for a while now.

Overall a bunch of great pics and ideas coming in. No one is wrong or right, just different, kind of like flavors of steel :)
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

black wrote:You are kiddding, aren't you? You can't be serious. The picture quality is crap. Would YOU print this?
Unless you are Ansel Adams you should blow it out your ***. Who are you to critique someone else's work?
:spyder:Current Spydies:spyder:
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

:spyder:En Route:spyder:
Spyderco Navaja
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Black, i dont know if you were joking or not, but your comment came across as an insult. We are not the judges. Spyderco is. Im not defending Doc, per se since he can take care of himself, but your tone bothered me, too.

Now, im going to have a peanut butter and marshmallow creme sandwich!!
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

LOL :) I'm surprised to even see any pics from Doc as I think he's only just discovered photography. **** sure would've been nice to see all those Ronins :p

Buddha victoriously holding aloft a H1 is quite befitting actually !
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
missromania2

Post by missromania2 »

Here I have a Black Spyderco PE Native III C78PBK
a Pink Spyderco Delica C11PPN
and a Spyderco Bug Knife SC133P aka Mini Spyderco

This image represents our family. My husband, myself, and our 1 year old daughter. We are definitely fans of Spyderco. My husband has a few different ones and I have a few myself but this pink one is my favorite.
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

I love that you added the bug for scale. I need to order the bug series. It is the cheapest Spyderco collection, but I have a hard time spending $20 to get all three when I could put that towards a $100+ knife
:spyder:Current Spydies:spyder:
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

:spyder:En Route:spyder:
Spyderco Navaja
mwmccormick

Forged

Post by mwmccormick »

Displayed are the Starmate C55 and the new Vallotton Sub-Hilt C149GP.

My concept is "forged in steel". The anvil and hammer props these two amazing creations. Also it is a depiction of past and present collaborations with great bladesmiths, as only Spyderco does to perfection.
Attachments
IMG_0945-forum size.jpg
IMG_0945-forum size.jpg (34.12 KiB) Viewed 4391 times
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Can someone please tell me where and how to go about resizing a picture, on the off chance I should win? I have a great idea, but why enter if I'm clueless? :( In fact, if clues were shoes, I'd be barefoot.

- best wishes, Jazz.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

I resized my picture with picassa,