Spyderco 2012 Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
patuloz

Post by patuloz »

Hi, this is my first post here. Hope you will like my pic of Endura CE.
Picture taken at sunset near the Danube river.

Post by 224477 »

patuloz, we have river Danube here as well. Are you from Hungary? :D :p
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
patuloz

Post by patuloz »

224477 wrote:patuloz, we have river Danube here as well. Are you from Hungary? :D :p
Hey mate, I was waiting for your response ;)
Sure, Hungary is my favourite country :D
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

Here is a photo I always liked. My photography usually sucks big time. This is the Forager with a little ladybug friend.

This is one I was playing around with. Not an entry...

Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

Forgot to mention everyone's pictures look great!
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Great pictures everyone. I'm sure mine can't be picked anyways due to the "OMER" on my hand. (and it is blurry haha)
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Freediver wrote:Great pictures everyone. I'm sure mine can't be picked anyways due to the "OMER" on my hand. (and it is blurry haha)
Nothing a bit of photo shopping cant fix :p
jadreptile

My hopeful calander submission.

Post by jadreptile »

In this photo is the Sage III and Manix 2 in all their blue glory! I took this picture today out in the backyard while admiring my humble Spyderco collection. Flawless operation, outstanding craftsmanship and amazing designs make me a dedicated fan.

dbcad

Just a couple of unique backdrops

Post by dbcad »

Had to drop a pic into this contest even though I have no illusions of being as lucky as I was last year.

As most know this is a standard 154CM Manix2 which for me has been a very nice informal and useful tool. The grip is superb with the all of the jimping and the action is smooth as glass. The 154CM blade material has similar properties as VG-10 in that it takes and keeps a really nice edge, is extremely tough, and is wonderfully corrosion resistant. I really enjoy the deep hollow grind which keeps it thinner behind the edge. It's very easy to keep this knife razor sharp. When I think "user" I think Manix 2, a great overall knife. Eric Glesser should be proud and I thank him for this design.

I obtained this knife about 2 years ago and though it's had a couple of vacations it's one I always come back to. In that sense it resembles the Delica, always being rediscovered :)

Just wanted to submit something with unique backdrops. The history text was published in 1879 and I haven't been able to figure out exactly what the gold color embossed print means. If I posted a full picture of it someone who lives in that region might recognize the skyline of the city, I'm thinking St Petersburg with the sybolism of the 2 eagles and crown in the backround. I never asked my father before he passed. I'm glad I was able to save those items from the estate sale.

This knife reminds me of the Russian people (not necesarily the governments). It is tough, strong, capable, and informal but at the same time retains a high degree of sophistication. With my father having been a Russian linguist and Eastern European scholar it is a sensibility I've had all my life.

Enjoy the contest and pics folks :D Hope the ramble didn't bore too much :o
Attachments
manix2 small.jpg
manix2 small.jpg (89.58 KiB) Viewed 2515 times
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
DedRok

Post by DedRok »

I was eating strawberries this afternoon and was using the knife to cut off the the green tops. As I was doing that I realized that it could potentially make a nice photo. This is a Dragonfly 2 FRN VG-10. I love the Dragonfly, it suits my everyday needs and it's so small that it somewhat feels that its apart of me... easy to forget about when wearing it, but never forgotten when it needs to be used.

I think this photo shows the basic simplicity of the dragonfly, but also puts a perspective on its size as well. I made sure to keep the :spyder: (that we all love) visible on the blade. :)

Original Photo (11x8.5)
Attachments
SHOW OFF.jpg
SHOW OFF.jpg (68.38 KiB) Viewed 5503 times
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Great Photo's guys,,,very creative indeed!.....Doc :spyder: :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Butaangas

Post by Butaangas »

So yeah.. What can I say... I LOVE the :spyder: dragonfly along with nature. So then I was thinking... I wanted to do something unique, that nobody has ever done before. This is a dragonfly on a dragonfly on the corner of my boat. It was a challenge to make the tricky shot, but with a little luck, it came out perfect IMO. :D

Model: Spyderco Dragonfly 2 H1 PE
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Butaangas, that is a clear winner in my book. Nice job.
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Very nice Salted Dragonfly !!!
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
Kohbanang

Post by Kohbanang »

Hopefull nice :spyder: shoot
[img][IMG]http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2298/026qw.jpg[/img] By kohbanang at 2011-06-28[/IMG]
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Very cool pic!! For sure one of my faves. Not that my vote counts :p .
Butaangas wrote:So yeah.. What can I say... I LOVE the :spyder: dragonfly along with nature. So then I was thinking... I wanted to do something unique, that nobody has ever done before. This is a dragonfly on a dragonfly on the corner of my boat. It was a challenge to make the tricky shot, but with a little luck, it came out perfect IMO. :D

2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
Mano

Post by Mano »

Butaagas, great picture!

There are really good pictures in this thread, a joy to watch, thanks to everyone participating.
bakercountyboy

Post by bakercountyboy »

Butaangas wrote:So yeah.. What can I say... I LOVE the :spyder: dragonfly along with nature. So then I was thinking... I wanted to do something unique, that nobody has ever done before. This is a dragonfly on a dragonfly on the corner of my boat. It was a challenge to make the tricky shot, but with a little luck, it came out perfect IMO. :D

that is an amazing picture
:spyder:
Butaangas

Post by Butaangas »

Thanks alot guys! Really apprechiate it! Now I can only hope.. ;)
Jijoel

Post by Jijoel »

Nice pic Butaangas.

I think it's a winner. :)