Spyderco 2012 Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JimisTroll

Post by JimisTroll »

Spyderco Bob Lum Chinese folder and gayle bradley in the background

These 2 are some of my favrouite spyderco blades.

(this is my submission for now until I get some good shots with the orange mili :D )
Knife

Post by Knife »

Great photo
MyKnife

Bob Lum Chinese Folder

Post by MyKnife »

Bob Lum Chinese Folder
Attachments
lums.jpg
lums.jpg (59.29 KiB) Viewed 5613 times
c.joe

Post by c.joe »

Spyderco Tasman Salt

I have always brought my Tasman Salt with me on all my day hikes and camping trips. As many outdoorsmen already know, weight is a big issue especially on long trips. At 2.0 ounces, it'll disappear in your pocket or backpack. With its bright yellow handles and non-rusting H1 steel, it'll be easy to spot when you drop it and if you happen to lose it or leave it out at night, rust is the last thing you have to worry about. The Tasman Salt is my perfect camping knife.
amar

Sage 2

Post by amar »

Sage 2 (C123TI)

This was coveted, and it took me a while (close to an year and half) before I could gather funds, and purchase one. The cleanest, leanest, and meanest three inch blade I've ever found. Its just special. :spyder:

Jazz

Modified Spyderco Native FRN C41BK

Post by Jazz »

This knife suddenly really grew on me - not just the modded one - I bought a new one to go with it. It feels so good in the hand to use and looks so great that I can't seem to let it out of my pocket. The knives that grow on me are the ones I like the best. It's a PE FRN Native with the handle cut out to ease opening, and the blade is modded to resemble a Spyderco Blackhawk.

Thanks for looking.

- best wishes, Jazz.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Interesting effect! Very nice.
:bug-red-white
xavierdoc

Spyderco Calendar entry 2012

Post by xavierdoc »

Sprint Run Spyderco Military Earth Brown CTS-XHP. I took this photo while walking my dog between the villages of Kirk Langley and Dalbury in Derbyshire. I'm not a fan of sunset pics but sky provided a suitable backdrop for the Military.
Attachments
IMG_1742 smaller upload file calender.jpg
IMG_1742 smaller upload file calender.jpg (89.95 KiB) Viewed 4638 times
UKPK G10, UKPK Ti, Para 2CF&20CP, Stretch CF, Stretch CF conv, Manix2 M4,Endura Wave, Endura ZDP189, Pacific Salt, Captain, Gunting S30v, P'Kal, Gayle Bradley,Atlantic Salt, Spyderhawk, Crossbill, Wings slipit
Mules: CTSBD1, Super Blue, S90V, VG10, S35VN, Cos-3, M390 Fixed: Bushcraft, Warrior
xavierdoc

Post by xavierdoc »

Jazz wrote:This knife suddenly really grew on me - not just the modded one - I bought a new one to go with it. It feels so good in the hand to use and looks so great that I can't seem to let it out of my pocket. The knives that grow on me are the ones I like the best. It's a PE FRN Native with the handle cut out to ease opening, and the blade is modded to resemble a Spyderco Blackhawk.

Thanks for looking.

- best wishes, Jazz.
That's very cool! I was going to do something similar using knives as pixels but your use of the words is highly effective.
UKPK G10, UKPK Ti, Para 2CF&20CP, Stretch CF, Stretch CF conv, Manix2 M4,Endura Wave, Endura ZDP189, Pacific Salt, Captain, Gunting S30v, P'Kal, Gayle Bradley,Atlantic Salt, Spyderhawk, Crossbill, Wings slipit
Mules: CTSBD1, Super Blue, S90V, VG10, S35VN, Cos-3, M390 Fixed: Bushcraft, Warrior
psimonl

Post by psimonl »

Here is mine.....

A Military from the early 2000's...

As I was about to leave for a two weeks camping road trip with my son to Virginia, I chose the Mili because I think it is the most versatile knife for every task you can encounter on that kind of trip.

A HR version of this picture is available...

Simon
Attachments
calender.JPG
calender.JPG (42.02 KiB) Viewed 3940 times
"Everyday above the ground and vertical is a good day".
-Sir A. Hopkins in "The world's Fastest Indian"

"If it hurts, it means you're not dead..."
-Kayakist Marie-Pier Cote

The Spyderco Cookbook
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

xavierdoc wrote:Sprint Run Spyderco Military Earth Brown CTS-XHP. I took this photo while walking my dog between the villages of Kirk Langley and Dalbury in Derbyshire. I'm not a fan of sunset pics but sky provided a suitable backdrop for the Military.
That picture is excellent!
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
c.joe

Post by c.joe »

xavierdoc wrote:Sprint Run Spyderco Military Earth Brown CTS-XHP. I took this photo while walking my dog between the villages of Kirk Langley and Dalbury in Derbyshire. I'm not a fan of sunset pics but sky provided a suitable backdrop for the Military.
I would be absolutely speechless if this did not win. Amazing photography you got there. Great work.
wec12

Spyderco Tasman Salt and Salt I

Post by wec12 »

Salt I and Tasman Salt are my first and second Spydie because of rust proof feature; hope the picture demonstrates the feature well. My Spydies are not just cutting tools; they're my joy. Most important thing of all, they keep extracting myself from tough moments!

Good luck everyone :cool: !

█ Copycat :mad: █
█ A.K.A. Mr.Dissector █
█ "Think before You Cut" --- Sal Glesser. █
Ted

Post by Ted »

Here is my FB26PWD Bushcraft UK (not a 2nd). I've waited long for this item and am so glad that Spyderco finally made it. Spyderco and the crew must have had a hard time with all the cracks in the first run, but it shows what a company Spyderco is that they didn't back out but made another run with G-10. Thanks!

Hi-res: http://members.casema.nl/tedv/bush.tif
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Really nice picture, Ted. :cool:

- best wishes, Jazz.
Butaangas

Post by Butaangas »

This is going to be VERY difficult. So many nice pictures... :p
omedford

Native Dragonfly

Post by omedford »

OK so here is a pic for the contest. I was at the lake in June hanging out whittling some wood when a dragonfly landed on my native. Kinda fuzzy but it was a quick moment. [ATTACH]17123[/ATTACH]
Attachments
photo.jpg
photo.jpg (104.17 KiB) Viewed 3167 times
wardrummer72

contest entry

Post by wardrummer72 »

Hello everyone,

Although I've been a member of this forum for months, this is my first official post and my way of introducing myself, I guess. :)

Below is my entry for the calendar contest. It seems like there haven't been many entries with pictures taken in an office environment, so I thought I'd submit one since that is where many of us, I'm sure, spend our days.

So, the theme here is, "Spydercos fend off an attack of the killer office supplies." Hopefully, it's self-explanatory. :) This photo depicts the two Spyderco EDCs I bring to work everyday, my Dragonfly 2 and H-1 Hawkbill Ladybug.

cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Wec12, VERY nice picture.
Come Join Us Click Here
kaniele

bug

Post by kaniele »

500 S&W casing with a Bug. The most powerful (largest/commercial) handgun round, with the smallest Spyderco that packs a big punch. The bug is a small knife that handle big jobs.