Spyderco 2012 Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

Terrific pictures :D There is an incredibly talented bunch here :)

While taking a picture for another thread I started I found a different idea and went for it. My original reply and submission to the contest has been deleted.

The ongoing Mule Team project is an inspired concept. I'm lucky enough to have MT07, 08, and I believe the M390 is 11. Wonderful platform to real world test blade materials....... Can't afford an M390 Milli, but I felt I could afford this mule. From my point of view this pic worked because of the "less is more" aspect.

With so many other fine submissions I have no chance of being one of the winners, but it's always fun to share a decent pic :)
Attachments
calendar m390 small.jpg
calendar m390 small.jpg (75.39 KiB) Viewed 3935 times
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
leinadG

My entry to the calendar contest

Post by leinadG »

The Spyderco Military is one of my favorite knifes for daily utility use. This version of the millitary however is a collectable for me.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Knife: Spyderco Military C36TIFP

PS; The logo in the picture is not taken from the internet, it is a picture that I have taken.

Thanks for the contest, lots of great pictures in this thread :)

-Daniel
cgjones

Post by cgjones »

I picked this photo because it is the knife I carry daily. The Spyderco Pacific Salt (C91PBK) has been the perfect knife for me. It is a lightweight matter separating machine that requires minimal maintenance.

Kellylynn

My entry, because my husband never shuts up about Spyderco

Post by Kellylynn »

Hey everyone..this is my first post on these forums. My husband goes on and on about the knives with holes in the blade! Husband is psmith27 here on the forums.

I got a great shot of my nephew wearing my husband's hat and thought I would enter the contest. This photo has been processed using an iPad app. I didn't see too many entries featuring people and I just love this litte guy. Good luck to all who entered. Guess my husband is not the only one crazy about these knives.
Thanks
Kelly

rodloos

FB23BK Aqua Salt SE Black Handle

Post by rodloos »

I love the Salt series for its ability to get wet and not rust. Whether it's rain, sweat, splashing while kayaking, I know my FB23BK Aqua Salt SE Black Handle is up to the challenge.
Attachments
AquaSalt640.jpg
AquaSalt640.jpg (99.01 KiB) Viewed 4018 times
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Willamette

Post by Willamette »

This is a graphite drawing of my Spyderco Dragonfly; a knife I have carried daily for roughly sixteen years. This artwork was part of a timed assignment during my university studies to draw an item on our person, freehand, using only a 6B pencil.
Attachments
Image1_resized.jpg
Image1_resized.jpg (88.48 KiB) Viewed 3915 times
ICSK

Post by ICSK »

Spyderco Triangle Sharpmaker ~ 204
The Sharpmaker represents many firsts for me. It was the first time I had bought a sharpening kit. Later that day, it became the first time I realized how bad I was at freehand sharpening. Most importantly, it was the first time I got my knives truly sharp. Combine this with Sal Glesser's knowledge of knife edge geometries and you've got a great kit for the money.

The Spyderco Triangle Sharpmaker

ATV1116

Tenacious

Post by ATV1116 »

You can't go wrong with this knife or any other knife produced by Spyderco. The Tenacious is well priced, durable and a great EDC blade. Spyderco knives are reasonably priced as it is, but the Tenacious brings it over the top in these rough economical times. Spyderco cut no corners when constructing this beauty (no pun intended)

juggler

Post by juggler »

Hi everyone,

I've always wondered how knives are designed. The options seem to be rather limited (a blade + a handle), and yet...

So I tried to imagine how the Sage 3 (my latest Spyderco purchase, and my favourite so far) was conceived :

[ATTACH]17220[/ATTACH]
Attachments
sage3.jpg
sage3.jpg (85.74 KiB) Viewed 3507 times
araneae

Post by araneae »

I am entering a Bug, nestled in a peony flower. As a kid I was always intrigued by the ants that seemed so attracted to these flowers so it seemed like a good place for a photo of the Bug.

So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

The basis for my photo-creation came after watching Alice in Wonderland. Just as Alice follows the rabbit from her drab reality, down through the rabbit hole and into a land of fantastic creatures, I wanted to create an image that evokes a land of fantasy, if only we follow the Spydies through the Spyderhole. Instead of finding a land of people, we see a world populated with anthropomorphized Spydercos and I chose the H1 Ladybug hawkbill, as I've come to appreciate its rust-proof nature and resistance to corrosion. The Salt knives are perfectly at home near the salty water of the beach.

To represent the drab, real world from which the little girl "Alice" comes, my primary influence is the British-based street artist Banksy; more specifically, a piece he painted on the Israeli West Bank barrier in 2005.

-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Zendemic

Sypyderco Yojimbo

Post by Zendemic »

Here is a photo that i took of my Yojimbo. I noticed our Japanese Cherry Tree in our back yard had some cherries on it and started to take some photos of it. I couldn't get the photos to turn out just the way I wanted, there was something missing... Until I realised that i had a gorgeous Yojimbo in my pocket!

(note full size image does not have my signature on it)
Attachments
conte.jpeg
conte.jpeg (42.99 KiB) Viewed 3950 times
1*
If only there was Ti Para2 or H1 Assist...
:spyder:Come chat with us on IRC!:spyder:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/TheMediocrePirate]My Youtube Channel!

[/b][/URL]
DeathBySnooSnoo

Ok, giving this a shot.

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

The Valloton, I think a very attractive knife, and I think that it's maybe a little bit more Rock n Roll than a lot of Spyderco knives, so it is pictured here with my guitar.

[img][IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4479/dsc03487lo.jpg[/img][/IMG]
On the hunt for...
TGPL

Post by TGPL »

Hi!
Spyderco ParaMilitary 2 is now my favorite EDC. S30V steel is very hard and does not need to be sharpened frequently, which is a great advantage of this knife. As I say, "sharpen it and forget."
Picture called "Paramilitary Christmas" because this knife is the perfect gift for Christmas.

razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:The Valloton, I think a very attractive knife, and I think that it's maybe a little bit more Rock n Roll than a lot of Spyderco knives, so it is pictured here with my guitar.

[img][IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4479/dsc03487lo.jpg[/img][/IMG]
Ooh, what type of gat, I see a minibucker on it, and the red looks great, is it a Gretsch :rolleyes:
spyderdog

Digicam Paramilitay 2

Post by spyderdog »

I actually just set this one on the ground here after using it and realized how well it blended in with the colors all around. Decided I should take a few pics. The new paramilitary 2 is by far my favorite spyderco knife. For me it's the perfect combination of size and weight, and I love the compression lock.

shattered_star86

Post by shattered_star86 »

I took this picture a while back while hiking... This is one of my favorite places around me to be... It is beautiful and feels like a sanctuary... The knife (Pink Manix 2) is one that I carry with me at all times and is close to my heart! It was given to me by my boyfriend and I can imagine not having it in my EDC!!!...
[CENTER]Without order nothing can exist... Without chaos nothing can evolve...
[/CENTER]
onecentweasel

Post by onecentweasel »

Labybug Hawkbill on leaf in my garden.
dapagco

Post by dapagco »

Thanks everybody! The 2012 Spyderco Calendar Contest is officially closed. All submissions past this post will be considered for our own entertainment purposes only! :)

We've got our work cut out for us! We will try and get the judging done as quickly as possible. We will let you know as soon as we have selected the winners, and will keep you posted with details about the production of the calendar.

Thanks everyone for participating!
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Lots of very creative submissions this year. Great job everyone! This should be a nice calendar for sure.
:bug-red-white