what do you want from spyderco in the next 5 years?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I wouldn't mind seeing a nice leather belt sheath for larger folders. I'd rather carry a Manix2 on my belt rather than in the pocket. For me it's just too big for my pocket if I have a sheath option but I have and will carry it in my pocket. I have a Spyderco sheath for the Wings and SpydeWrench. They seem very durable but have kind of a cheap look IMO. I imagine this has been considered by Spyderco and since they haven't made any that I know of they probably feel they wouldn't sell enough to justify producing them. I considered getting a form fitted leather sheath for my Manix2 but in the end just couldn't justify $50+ for a sheath that only one knife would fit in. I did find one I like from A.G. Russell for $20. I just think a quality leather sheath with a visible Spyderco logo (maybe bright gold) would be nice. It's advertising also. A Spyderco in the pocket could be any brand. I have carried Spyderco knives in SOG leather sheaths. They have one I like in different sizes for around $10 ea. SOG needs sheaths for their products though and they come with a lot of knives and multi-tools so the extra ones they make is no big deal production wise.

Jack
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

A knife with a steel that holds an edge for eternity in a grind so thin there is absolutely no resistance fitted into a handle that melts in your hand... What? :D

But on a serious note...
MORE JENS ANSO COLLABORATIONS! :eek:

Otherwise, thin, ergonomic knives... No wait, this is Spyderco. :D
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Creepo wrote:A knife with a steel that holds an edge for eternity in a grind so thin there is absolutely no resistance fitted into a handle that melts in your hand... What? :D
I like that,
plus this knife should have bolsters and natural material scales. No dent and no clip proto for Paul. :D :)

On the serious note, continue ethnic knives with bolsters, one new Damascus Delica and Caly every year. Damascus blade bolstered Perisian would be sweet.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Donut

Post by Donut »

More cookie and coffee parties? :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
bammann45

Post by bammann45 »

I'd like to see some interesting new handle materials. My wife teases me that they all look the same to her as I have a thing for black g10 and carbon fiber.
I would love to see some micarta in various colors, corian, natural materials and more stainless bolsters. Oh and more Gayle Bradley and Schempp collabs :)
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

One hyphenated word... spyder-pistol :p

Really though, the tomahawk idea that was bandied about a while back would be great if it ever came out, the folding warrior, as many more ethnic series as Mr. Shempp has the time to make (particularly the Bowie folder), a new kerambit, more balisongs (I know, I know... problems), and maybe a Fairbairne-Sykesesque FB if there is still time :D . I also wouldn't mind seeing a Police4 at some point, or a SS handled version of the Police3... I love the evolution of that pattern.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Change the Delicas and Enduras to a high flat grind - not full, and I'd like this knife...

- best wishes, Jazz.
Meshuggah

Post by Meshuggah »

Bring back the Terzuola and Manix !
Also, more big knives....I'm not liking those itty bitty things.
More grey G10 versions (maybe a darker color grey ?).

That's it, thanks ! :)
Spyderco's owned: Worker, Police (9 different versions), Captain, ATR (2x), Endura, Tenacious, Gayle Bradley, Delica, Terzuola, Terzuola Jr., Ti Military, Lum Chinese (in Ti and black), Lum Tanto Ti, Lum Tanto sprint, ParaMedic PE, Manix I, Manix I sprint, Civilian, Spyderfly, Szabofly, Starmate, Navaja

Incoming : Manix I

Want: CF Police

Grail : Civilian PE
Googz

Post by Googz »

Differnt color g10s and carbon fibres or carbotanium
Orange Manix 2, Purple Endura, Foliage Green G10 Dragonfly, Leaf storm + more in the near future
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Not much;

More teeth :D
No more back lock blade play :mad:

What I just thought of, a "Military Cricket"

2 slabs of black G10
nested liner
Would be about as thick as the Almite Cricket

Blade steel not all that important. Gin 1 or VG10 would be nice, but I would settle for Byrd steel as well ;)
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
Knifewing

Post by Knifewing »

I can't wait for a reprise of the Jester (with VG-10 and G-10?). In the future I'd love to see (1) a 3" H-1 fixed blade (like the old Vagabond but with a separate Kydex sheath) and (2) a sprint run of the original Paramilitary 1 incorporating the refinements of the Para 2 and with an orange G-10 handle.
TdubyaG

Post by TdubyaG »

Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker here. I registered just so I could reply to this :D

I would like to see:

1. Clip options- interchangeable standard and low ride clips. Preferably both included with knife purchase (It's only an extra dollar or so, and saves the customer the hassle of special ordering it)

2. Expirement with slimmer profile knives- knives with smaller thumb ramps or no thumb ramp like on the Centofante Memory. A slimmer package would be nice because it takes up less room in the pocket and is more comfortable/practical to carry around.

3. Try out a 25/75% blade/handle choil on a knife. I read it on a thread here a couple of days ago, seems like an excellent idea (on paper). You still get the control, comfort, and benefit of a choil, while still retaining some blade length. Brilliant.

4. Improve blade/handle ratio. While admittedly I have never viewed this as a problem, improving this ratio would mean making more efficient use of already existing space, which I'm all for (unless it makes for an unbalanced knife). Efficiency is good.

5. Unless I am mistaken, I believe we are due for a Delica 5 within the next couple of years :D . The D5 would be the perfect platform for some of these ideas!
MCM

Post by MCM »

Oh yea.

A 13" Classic Bowie (mule) blank in a good steel with a satin finish.
For around $100.0:D
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

1. Bring back tanks like the chinook and the manix c95. the tuff is the only thing of the kind i see in the near future.

2. I would like to see the next military to come out have 20cp as a regular production knife. maybe half g10 half ti framelock?

3. More gen 3 steel in production models... m390 and elmax. most notably coming soon are the mule team m390 and the lionspy elmax.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Ed Schempp designed lightsaber?

What, too soon? :D
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

1. To like lockbacks more = fit knives with Demco type lockbacks.
2. Navy blue G10.
3. A "Strider type"=(Ti framelock w/G10 other side) knife that only Spyderco can make. :)
4. Steel? = I trust the Spyderco gang to select the tops.
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
I_like_sharp_things

Post by I_like_sharp_things »

Blerv wrote:Ed Schempp designed lightsaber?

At least I'm not the only one who thought of this. :cool:

On a more serious note I think more lime green and glow in the dark would be awesome.
Spyder Count: 7
SpydieZ

Post by SpydieZ »

A titanium paramilitary with a compression lock using the scale like on a ATR (compressionframe?) and a full size caly with the low rider clip ffg vg-10
jezabel

Post by jezabel »

Blerv wrote:Ed Schempp designed lightsaber?

That reminds me, what ever happened to Ed's "H.P.M.S".... aka the High Performance Matter Separator !?!

J :D
FB04PBB, C07FS4K390, C12GS, C12SBK2, C36GS, C36GTIP, C36CFM390P, C36CFTIP, C36GPBORE, C41BKPS, C44GP&SGY, C46PS, C46GPBK, C52BKP, C52FPGYE, C63G3, C65TIP, C70S, C81FG, C81GS2, C81CFM4P2, C83BM, C83GP2, C101GP, C101GPS, C101CF90VP2, C105, C134CF, C151GODTiPBK
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Titanium handles for some H1 knives. Either that or else a full titanium knife.