Jumpmaster Belt Carry?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Knifewing

Jumpmaster Belt Carry?

Post by Knifewing »

I have a Jumpmaster that I keep bedside as an "emergency" blade. We had an extended power outage last night and when I went to get it I realized I had no way to carry it on my belt. What do you recommend for this. Does a large Tek-Lok fit? The holes on the sheath don't look too compatible, but I could be wrong. Has anyone added a Tek-Lok or belt carry system to their Jumpmaster? Thanks for any help you can provide.
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

I bet you could sinch the straps down all the way and carry it "Scout" style on your belt in the small (middle) of your back.

***Edit*** I just checked out my suggestion and it failed. You could remove the straps and make tight para cord loops in two or three places and then the Scout carry would be possible. It almost looks like it would be more comfortable if you had the front of the sheath against your back.
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

The G-clip from Spyderco might work. I don't know if the holes in the G-clip will match the holes in the Jumpmaster sheath but I have drilled holes in the G-clip to match whatever I'm attaching it to.

Jack
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

There are four holes near the mouth end of the Jumpmaster sheath. Each pair of these (right side or left side) is spaced exactly the same as the G-clip holes (one inch on center). As such, a G-clip will work perfectly. A small Tek-Lok will also work; however, the G-clip might be a better choice. In addition to belt carry, it also supports IWB carry. If you have to grab it when you're wearing shorts, sweats, or any other pants without a belt, it will still work.

Stay safe,

Mike
Michael Janich
Spyderco Special Projects Coordinator
Founder and Lead Instructor, Martial Blade Concepts
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Michael Janich wrote:There are four holes near the mouth end of the Jumpmaster sheath. Each pair of these (right side or left side) is spaced exactly the same as the G-clip holes (one inch on center). As such, a G-clip will work perfectly. A small Tek-Lok will also work; however, the G-clip might be a better choice. In addition to belt carry, it also supports IWB carry. If you have to grab it when you're wearing shorts, sweats, or any other pants without a belt, it will still work.

Stay safe,

Mike
That is another thing I like about the G-clip. I have grabbed a sheath with a G-clip and just hooked it into the pocket of a pair of jeans. It will not accidentally fall out because the clip will snag on the seam of the pocket. I have to want to take it off for it to release from the pocket. I'm sure it would work like that on a waiste band.

Jack
Mike Sastre

Post by Mike Sastre »

jackknifeh wrote:That is another thing I like about the G-clip. I have grabbed a sheath with a G-clip and just hooked it into the pocket of a pair of jeans. It will not accidentally fall out because the clip will snag on the seam of the pocket. I have to want to take it off for it to release from the pocket. I'm sure it would work like that on a waiste band.

Jack
It does. I carry like that all the time when in sweats or lightweight shorts. Wearing an FB04 like that right now.
Knifewing

Post by Knifewing »

Thanks to all for your help. Where's the best place to buy a G-Clip? Can I order one directly from Spyderco?
rycen

Post by rycen »

Yes it is just a phone call away.
We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Knifewing wrote:Thanks to all for your help. Where's the best place to buy a G-Clip? Can I order one directly from Spyderco?
Yes, please call our Factory Outlet store:

Phone: 303-279-8613
Toll-Free: 800-828-1925
Fax: 303-278-2057

Hours: (Mountain Standard Time)
M-F 10:00am - 6:00pm
Sat 10:00am - 5:00pm

Stay safe,

Mike
Michael Janich
Spyderco Special Projects Coordinator
Founder and Lead Instructor, Martial Blade Concepts
Knifewing

Post by Knifewing »

Thanks so much, Michael! I'll be on the phone Monday morning.

Best,

jim