Spyderco Lanyard Beads

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
McDutch

Post by McDutch »

I would say FRN, having color options makes for some interesting mixing and matching of beads and handle scales
miyamotomusashi

Post by miyamotomusashi »

sal wrote:Hi Mwalle6,

Interestinbg timing for your subject. We have recently been discussing producing a lanyard bead. We drew up a bead that hand a bug logo slightly raised on four sides of the "rounded" bead.

We didn't knwo if there would be enough interest to produce such an accessory? We had thought to make them out of pewter or tool up and make one out of FRN (lighter and color options).

Thoughts?

sal
I would LOVE MANY FRN spydie-Beads! I would choose FRN, because Spyderco would be the FIRST to do that! Also, pewter is way too soft and all my pewter beads look torn up after a short while.

I’d REALLY like to acquire some .925 Sterling Silver Beads, maybe a limited run? (Starlingear makes a bunch of beads in Sterling)

In my opinion, beads are like jewelry for knives, and I see nothing wrong with using titanium, gold, or silver - heck, I’d even pony up the five hundred dollars, for a platinum bead!

But yeah, out of those two options, FRN all the way! I think FRN is way tougher than pewter anyway. (and lightweight!)

Hopefully the holes will be a large enough diameter to fit double paracord.

Maybe even a Sprint Run of a special knife that comes with a special bead! Just let me know where and when to order!
"Do nothing which is of no use" A Book of Five Rings
Left Hand Path

Post by Left Hand Path »

Spyderco lanyard beads would be awesome. I would like to see FRN in particular. I agree with MM above that it would be nice to fit double paracord.
-Nick

Join Today!
http://www.KnifeRights.org
dewildeman

Post by dewildeman »

My first choice would be pewter but I wouldn't mind having some beads in other material, FRN, brass, silver, Ti or G10.
Mwalle6

Post by Mwalle6 »

Interestinbg timing for your subject. We have recently been discussing producing a lanyard bead. We drew up a bead that hand a bug logo slightly raised on four sides of the "rounded" bead.

We didn't knwo if there would be enough interest to produce such an accessory? We had thought to make them out of pewter or tool up and make one out of FRN (lighter and color options).

Thoughts?

sal
Thanks for the reply Sal! It looks like the interest is there for sure! Personally, I would probably like the pewter ones better, but I would buy FRN ones too. I kind of like the heft that pewter has since I would likely be using them as zipper pulls, keychain fobs. How about a Moonglow bead??
Member of the LH Military Club

My Spydies - Military Lefty, Endura 4 PE, Caly 3.5 Super Blue, Chaparal, Bolstered Manbug, Nishijin Cricket Caly 3.5 ZDP/CF
spyderfan123

Post by spyderfan123 »

Thoughts?

sal
sign me up for at least 10!
it also would be cool if they where attached to a spyderco lanyard with the red-black colors and the bead in gold :D
gundude73

Post by gundude73 »

it would be cool if the left over material used when cutting the spyderhole could be made into a bead. maybe laser etch the :spyder: on it?
Digicam Military
Digicam Paramilitary 2
Ladybug
Honeybee
Salt 1
Baliyo

-Matt
c.joe

Post by c.joe »

I would love to buy some! I would like a silverish color bead.
Domanfp

Post by Domanfp »

Id go with FRN that way you could use them as lightweight zipper pulls and really jazz up your winter jackets. And being allergic to nickel I am against most metals except Ti of course.
-Frank

Delica and Endura are great knives! They're the low priced crack samples that'll get you hooked on spyderco! Feed the need!
-Michael Cook
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

gundude73 wrote:it would be cool if the left over material used when cutting the spyderhole could be made into a bead. maybe laser etch the :spyder: on it?
Good luck with S90V and 20CP. :D
kanly23

Post by kanly23 »

Just found this thread but I would be up for Spydie beads.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Thoughts?

sal
I'd like FRN colored ones. FRN because of lower cost and color choices. I had a FOB on my Delica and the loop got loose enough for it to swing around so when I closed the knife it cut the para-cord. So I don't know what you may be planning but I'd like some to fit tight enough to make it hard to slide so it can slide up the paracord or leather or whatever toward the handle so the loop stays small enough to keep it from swinging into the blade slot in the handle. Just a thought.

Jack
markg

Post by markg »

I'm in for 20...

Not sure what people are worried about pewter banging up knife handles. I have some pewter beads on G-10 handled knives and it ain't going to bang up anything... Maybe aluminum or Ti handled knives... Maybe. FRN handled knives? No way...

Either way, I am in for a bunch.
troutfisher13111

Post by troutfisher13111 »

I would be in for a half dozen FRN.
troutfisher13111

Post by troutfisher13111 »

I would be in for a half dozen FRN.
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

FRN would be awesome. I can think of a dozen uses already.
shattered_star86

Post by shattered_star86 »

Sal... I was wondering if the discussion about making the beads was because of all of the attention the beads on the Ladybugs in the calender got?
I Would definitely buy multiple beads! Both FRN and pewter!
[CENTER]Without order nothing can exist... Without chaos nothing can evolve...
[/CENTER]
mwmccormick

Post by mwmccormick »

I'm a fan of FOB's and would buy a few if they were reasonable. Both materials would be cool but the weight of metal gives a lanyard/FOB a better hang IMHO.
cr123

+1 spydie bead

Post by cr123 »

i'd get one, i really like the spydie logo. i'll get them for all my spydies and on spydies too.
sal

Post by sal »

We've got a drawing in-the-works. When we get it finalized, we'll probably make a pewter one first to test interest.

sal