KC Pre-order Motherload

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jonj480

Post by Jonj480 »

KC called me too about my preorder. I thought it was pretty classy of them to call personally and explain the error.
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Just noticed the Byrd Tern - $22.95 - very reasonable :)
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

Sequimite wrote:Jeff told me he doesn't do preorders anymore when I asked a month ago.
I think he still takes pre-orders on knives he's sure about getting. :( Unfortunately, that takes most sprint runs off the list. He's still the go-to vendor for me.
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
skatenut

Post by skatenut »

I wonder if the Cat and the Chicago will really have 440C blades.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

jzmtl wrote:(well more broke)
Yeah, that's the problem in a nutshell. ;)
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Jonj480 wrote:KC called me too about my preorder. I thought it was pretty classy of them to call personally and explain the error.
Yes, I think that's quite impressive. Thumbs-up on that.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

skatenut wrote:I wonder if the Cat and the Chicago will really have 440C blades.
I think the steel and scale material changes were the trade offs that allow building well finished knives at a price point close to that of the original versions.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Jeff from CS emailed me back and explained that they dont post things until they are in stock or atleast imminent. I believe i will be waiting on the lionspy from them to see what they price it at.
f22raptor

Post by f22raptor »

no yojimbo 2 yet??
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

bh49 wrote:I am not surprised with Manbug price:machined G10 scales, bolsters. Just remember how much Kiwis and Kopas cost. But to shell-out $70+ for this knife I have to love it and gray G10 is a deal breaker for me.
Don't let that discourage you, Roman. I remember foliage green was a deal breaker for me, and I almost didn't buy the G-10 D'fly:

The grey on the Manbug looks to be even lighter shade than foliage green, so the RIT dye should take nicely. I think the Manbug will look great with black G-10 & bolsters. I can't wait.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
markg

Post by markg »

Pre-orders are too much of a pain, I don't know why anyone does them any more. When the knife will be delivered is anyone's guess. Do you charge them upfront and then have to refund all the money when the knife is delayed 6 months and people don't want to wait... Do you not take the money upfront and then have to deal with customers who have pre-ordered with 10 places and now don't want the knife from you. Too much hassle for everyone.

The only system that seems to work is Knifeworks, and now they charge you a non-refundable deposit on the knife (usually $20) and the rest when the knife is delivered.

I will do pre-orders on LE's on occasion, and mostly dealer exclusives as they know they will get all the knives of a limited run.

Let's not even talk about pre-orders on sprint runs...
MCM

Post by MCM »

+1 on Knifeworks.
It always works out there..........
Unlike others.
BTW, KC did call my better 1/2 today with the price up-date.
Not the 1st time they have had to do this................No harm,
but still..............
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
RJNC

Post by RJNC »

Why no size specs on the Squeek?
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Maybe because it is so small that they could barely measure it??? :D
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

RJNC wrote:Why no size specs on the Squeek?
I think the blade was quoted at 2-inches ... and it looks very like a non-locking version of the Chicago, so I am guessing they are very similar in dimensions :)
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
Slash

Post by Slash »

did you all really think you were gonna get a lion steel made knife w/elmax, sculpted ti/g10 and their patented lock bar stab. and spydie hole for $159?

someone that really wants the knife will pay the corrected price for it.
Jonj480

Post by Jonj480 »

Slash wrote:did you all really think you were gonna get a lion steel made knife w/elmax, sculpted ti/g10 and their patented lock bar stab. and spydie hole for $159?

someone that really wants the knife will pay the corrected price for it.

No, but here's to hoping! :cool:

Looks like that will be a heckuva knife :spyder:
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Slash wrote:did you all really think you were gonna get a lion steel made knife w/elmax, sculpted ti/g10 and their patented lock bar stab. and spydie hole for $159?
Yeah, I believed it. Doesn't it have to be true if you read it on the intertubes?
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897