When will Sage 1's come back in stock?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
3migo

When will Sage 1's come back in stock?

Post by 3migo »

Anybody know when more Sage 1's are supposed to go into production and released to retailers? Many online store have said "Spyderco expects more late spring" for a while now, and it's late spring... Been wanting to get my hands on a Sage for a while now, they're just out of stock everywhere.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Interesting that it's out of stock. I know that there are only two smaller, family-owned manufacturers that Spyderco uses in Taiwan. Perhaps the influx of new Taiwan models, in conjunction with the seemingly high demand for their knives, has made it difficult for them to keep up with the demand? I wasn't aware of the shortages on the Sage 1 until this post, and when I checked out my favorite dealers, I also found them all out-of-stock. I don't know when another batch will be in, but this knife is well worth the wait!
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
jonUSA,EARTH

Post by jonUSA,EARTH »

WoW!!

now that you mention it and I look around, the Sage 1 is nowhere.There is only one on the bay and its $204!?!

Like the member above stated though, its well worth the wait bro.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
3migo

Post by 3migo »

jonUSA,EARTH wrote:WoW!!

now that you mention it and I look around, the Sage 1 is nowhere.There is only one on the bay and its $204!?!

Like the member above stated though, its well worth the wait bro.
Yeah, the only ones for sale are really expensive. From everything I read they're fantastic blades, I suppose I'll keep waiting.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

This is good news. I didn't realize they would go into full production. Is this true? I thought they were just a run and that was it. I hope I'm wrong.

:)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Look on the various forums...even a week ago I was seeing $80-90 for the sage 1
On the hunt for...
Douglas

Post by Douglas »

In stock at Warriors and Wonders in Vancouver.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I thought all Sages (and knives from that maker) are limited production due to their capacity. I can't imagine it phasing out for a long time.

Goodluck with your hunt :) I highly recommend a Sage2 if you can't wait and have a titanium love.
keen1

Post by keen1 »

If you're in need of a Sage 1 immediately and anywhere near Golden, CO. the SFO store had them in the showroom a couple of days ago.
"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do - Life's been good to me so far." Joe Walsh :D
amar

Post by amar »

most knife and flashlight forums do have them on and off for sale around the $85-90 price tag. keep monitoring for a week or so, and you'll mostly score one. oh, and you can always put a "wtb" post, and someone will definitely have one they don't use. :-)
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

I miss the $63 Sage 1 deal that popped up a year and a half ago. I should have picked up a few extras.
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
DaBird

Post by DaBird »

I miss the Sage 1 that I traded last week because I WAS SURE that I could score another one for under $100 --- sometimes I am a real BIRD BRAIN :(
sal

Post by sal »

Hi 3migo,

Thanx for the interest in our design.

Sorry for the delay and confusion. We try to plan knife production so we always have inventory. Sometimes a design becomes more popular than antiipated or history shows and we run out for few weeks. This is usually solved quickly, but "quickly" could be a month.

sal