Military = WOW

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Popsickle

Military = WOW

Post by Popsickle »

I was first bitten by the spyder about 2 months ago when i bought my endura and delica 4...great knives! I really got into the manix 2 platform and literally hunted down every version and once i completed the collection i still wasnt satisfied. I found an M4 military g10/ti for sale and on a whim i bought it. What an incredible knife it turned out to be... so incredible that i bought an s30v titanium mili a week later with a sage 2 companion. The military is just an amazing knife and i plan to buy more in the future!! I wanted to try and hunt down the s90v version and even offered at one point to trade my coveted manix 2 s90v for one....but i havent seen one surface and ive talked myself out of buying any other past sprints for the time being lol. Any other mili nuts out there???
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Me! Unfortunately I don't have any of the sprints.

[img][IMG]http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3951/millies.jpg[/img] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

jwrickma24 wrote:Any other mili nuts out there???
No, I'm pretty sure most of the other guys aren't into the Military too much.
"If you can't annoy somebody, there's little point in writing." — Kingsley Amis
KBR

Post by KBR »

dj moonbat wrote:No, I'm pretty sure most of the other guys aren't into the Military too much.
Military?? What's that?

J/K.....welcome to the club, jwrickma24, of those here who love the Spyderco Military. :D
"A man who is of sound mind is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key."--- Paul Valery

Survive, Adapt, and Overcome...
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Yep, after all it's arguably the most "iconic" Spyderco knife.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Yep, after all it's arguably the most "iconic" Spyderco knife.
very true
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Huh, military, crappy design! ;)

Had one in 1999, lost it, most recently found it back (440V) in a trade and added a the S90V within a week. I am hooked again on the Millie. I really love the slim, light design of the knife. You can wear it clipped inside the waistband of your pants. Within 10 minutes you forget all about it.
Don't trade the Manix in for a Millie. Try to do it another way. S90V is a special and awesome steel and I don't see that many knives come out in it in the future.

Tomas
Tom
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

It took me quite a while to find an S90V military but i got one from canada. All i can say is goodluck. The S90V models seem to sell out really fast now. I actually had 3 S90V manixs but i traded one and a kris for a gibson explorer. I just wish i was still making the money i was then. The economy just isnt what it used to be and most people will be holding on to those millies. They also did an bg42 and S30V millie in cf. I would like to get both but they dont come up often.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

VashHash wrote:It took me quite a while to find an S90V military but i got one from canada. All i can say is goodluck. The S90V models seem to sell out really fast now. I actually had 3 S90V manixs but i traded one and a kris for a gibson explorer. I just wish i was still making the money i was then. The economy just isnt what it used to be and most people will be holding on to those millies. They also did an bg42 and S30V millie in cf. I would like to get both but they dont come up often.
If you can find a S90V Military, definitely a keeper and will be worth a fortune in the future, more than they already are now.

Very hot stuff and rare.

I will never sell mine...
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Ankerson wrote:If you can find a S90V Military, definitely a keeper and will be worth a fortune in the future, more than they already are now.

Very hot stuff and rare.

I will never sell mine...
YOU WILL SELL IT TO ME ANKERSON!!! lol
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

jwrickma24 wrote:YOU WILL SELL IT TO ME ANKERSON!!! lol
Not this one I won't. :D
Jonj480

Post by Jonj480 »

I need one of those too. I have a sad feeling that the next one that shows up on the bay is gonna have Josh and I running the price up on each other... lol
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Yeah you and a bunch of others... :D
FuSchniken

Post by FuSchniken »

I love my serrated Millie, and have a strong inclination to go after the Carpenter sprint with brown handles. And yes, it is iconic Chuck :D
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

So far I've managed to snag all the S90V models spyderco has made. I wanted to get a 20cp para but i just didnt have the funds in time. I think the military is a great model to build on though. It and the manix 2 seem to be some good testing platforms. Of course the para is starting to get up there too
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Congratulations on your Spyderco Military!
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

VashHash wrote:So far I've managed to snag all the S90V models spyderco has made. I wanted to get a 20cp para but i just didnt have the funds in time. I think the military is a great model to build on though. It and the manix 2 seem to be some good testing platforms. Of course the para is starting to get up there too
Congratulations on those trophies!