Any future S90V knives?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
yosemite

Any future S90V knives?

Post by yosemite »

I was wondering why no S90V knives are currently being produced by Spyderco and if there will be new knives in the future? In particular I am hoping for a Delica. Thanks for sharing any information you might have.
pl4stic

Post by pl4stic »

S90V steel is not as available and expensive to machine. The upcoming South Fork may be S90V
EZ Bake

Post by EZ Bake »

I would love to see more Sprint runs in it - I missed out on the Para 2 S90V run and can't afford them in the secondary market now, but another run for the Para 2 or a Superleaf would be very cool.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Chances of seeing it on a Delica, or any of the other models made in Japan, are slim to nil. The Japanese firmly believe their steels are the best and consider it an insult to be asked to use "inferior" foreign steel. Much better chance of it showing up on one of the models made in Golden or Taiwan.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
black

Post by black »

yosemite wrote:particular I am hoping for a Delica.
Not very likely since it is made japan. :rolleyes:
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Anyone for a limited production millie in S90V or 20CP? Even if it was made in pink, I'd be all over it.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Anyone for a limited production millie in S90V or 20CP? Even if it was made in pink, I'd be all over it.
I don't do pink knives....it makes me want to wear a dress!.....Doc :p
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:I don't do pink knives....it makes me want to wear a dress!.....Doc :p
I'll be stocking up on RIT dye just for that doc. I can even sharpie the scales. :D

PS: I might be willing to wear a dress just to have a millie in either steel. :p
Samwise

Post by Samwise »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:I don't do pink knives....it makes me want to wear a dress!.....Doc :p
You already wear a bra...what's the big deal?
Spydie Count: :spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder:

Vics: Super Tinker, Farmer
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Yosemite,

Yes, you will see S90V and 20CP (Carpenter's version) on future models. Probably not a Delica though for the reasons mentioned. However, ZDP-189 does have exceptional performance that many feel is in there with S90V. The Delica is available in ZDP as a regular model.

sal
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Anyone for a limited production millie in S90V or 20CP? Even if it was made in pink, I'd be all over it.
S90V has already been done...but 20CP is open and would be exceptional. :cool:

FWIW, I have been unable to get the gray G10 on the Para2 sprint to take any green or blue RIT dye. Haven't tried black (and don't plan to), so can't say whether that would work or not.
HistoricalMan

Post by HistoricalMan »

I love S90V! The more the better!
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

+1, but 20CP is looking at least as good! :cool:
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Can't ever have enough S90V. :D
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Ankerson wrote:Can't ever have enough S90V. :D
You sir, are expressing my sentiments!

JNewell wrote:S90V has already been done...but 20CP is open and would be exceptional. :cool:
Yup, but only in sprints. Not in regular or even in limited production. ;)
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Bring em on, just scored my first S90V (CF Millie) and it is indeed awesome steel. I handled the Southfork proto in Amsterdam and if S90V will be final I will purchase it (nice design + superb steel = purchase).

The messages about this new 20CP woke me up as well.....
I have a slight feeling that the bond between :spyder: and Carpenter is much stronger than between :spyder: and Crucible. I already see comparisons made between similar steels of both foundries.
I see 'new' steels and remakes coming from CTS (Kudos for the US Gin1, BD1, great steel!), and finally a proto-folder with a huge CTS logo :D
I will not ask :spyder: to inform us, because I realize certain business-processes are to be kept inhouse, but I just noticed this. However feel free Sal...... :cool:

T.
Tom
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

toomzz wrote:Bring em on, just scored my first S90V (CF Millie) and it is indeed awesome steel. I handled the Southfork proto in Amsterdam and if S90V will be final I will purchase it (nice design + superb steel = purchase).

The messages about this new 20CP woke me up as well.....
I have a slight feeling that the bond between :spyder: and Carpenter is much stronger than between :spyder: and Crucible. I already see comparisons made between similar steels of both foundaries.
I see 'new' steels and remakes coming from CTS (Kudos for the US Gin1, BD1, great steel!), and finally a proto-folder with a huge CTS logo :D
I will not ask :spyder: to inform us, because I realize certain business-processes are to be kept inhouse, but I just noticed this. However feel free Sal...... :cool:

T.

The Southfork is one sweet knife.... :cool: :D
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:You sir, are expressing my sentiments!

Yup, but only in sprints. Not in regular or even in limited production. ;)
True enough...wonder whether there would be enough demand for limited or regular production, given the price...? :spyder: :)
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

JNewell wrote:True enough...wonder whether there would be enough demand for limited or regular production, given the price...? :spyder: :)
I dunno maybe 50 knives a month? 100? and plan to manufacture for a year?
jezabel

Post by jezabel »

I think we're overdue for at least a limited production S90V knife in the line up (I would love to see a G10 S90V Millie happen). We had a wee bit of a discussion a while ago about this here : http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47339.

J
FB04PBB, C07FS4K390, C12GS, C12SBK2, C36GS, C36GTIP, C36CFM390P, C36CFTIP, C36GPBORE, C41BKPS, C44GP&SGY, C46PS, C46GPBK, C52BKP, C52FPGYE, C63G3, C65TIP, C70S, C81FG, C81GS2, C81CFM4P2, C83BM, C83GP2, C101GP, C101GPS, C101CF90VP2, C105, C134CF, C151GODTiPBK