Need An Experts Help

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
xxkittyloafxx

Need An Experts Help

Post by xxkittyloafxx »

I am desperate for a solution to my problem. If anyone would be so kind enough to assist it would be greatly appreciated! =)

Dilemma:
My husband had an Endura 3 all stainless steel combo blade for 5 yrs. The dummy didn't tighten the pocket clip when it became loose and lost it. I have been searching for months hoping to find a replacement for the knife to no avail. I want so badly to present him with a replacement for Christmas and need your help. This was his favorite knife and no other knife he has seen will replace it. I've tried.

My Questions:
Anyone know of anyone or any place I could obtain this knife from?

Does anyone know if the blade could be changed out?

I have found the handle and found the blade, but not together. Is it possible to buy the two and switch them out?

Thank You All,
-Desperate Wife
Murdoc

Post by Murdoc »

The knife was most likely an Endura 2; the E1 and E3 had a FRN handle, the Endura 2 had a stainless steel handle. (well, actually the first Endra wit an official "number" was the 4th gen.; but consensus is that the first SS Endura is called "Endura 2", but even on the Spyderco online catalog, there is some confusion). For more info, take a look here:
http://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php?title=C10_Endura

Anyway, they do pop up on ebay occasionally; you can try and find one @ knife-bst.com, too.

There's a dealer (the name is escaping me right now) that has long discontinued Spydies in stock; he is charging MSRP though. Will lookup its name.
EDIT: here it is:
http://www.countryknives.com/store/prod ... S&dept_id=

The blade and handle are pinned together; there's no simple way to take it apart or assemble a blade and a seperate handle. Most likely it won't work out anyway.

Maybe your husband will settle with the new Endura 4 SS? Looks pretty similar and is easy to get @ your preferred dealer. You can get them with plain edge, too :)

Dennis
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Well, if I understand correctly, you still have the knife... just the pocket clip fell off. You might try sending Spyderco an email. I've never lost a clip on a spyderco (a few clip screws... but never the whole clip), but I have on other brands. When I contacted the company in question, they mailed me a brand new clip and set of screws for it... free of charge. I'm not sure what Spyderco's policy is on this, but I'd give it a try if it were me. If you would prefer to just buy a new Endura... it is a fairly common model. Should be a breeze to find at most online knife shops... or failing that, on Amazon.com for a decent price.

Hopefully that helped somewhat, good luck to you!

EDIT: Murdoc is correct, but the E4 is still in production as far as I know... and it is offered with SS handles, so that is most likely what you'll find.

http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=211
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
xxkittyloafxx

Post by xxkittyloafxx »

Unfortunately it was the entire knife that he lost.
xxkittyloafxx

Post by xxkittyloafxx »

Murdoc wrote:The knife was most likely an Endura 2; the E1 and E3 had a FRN handle, the Endura 2 had a stainless steel handle.

The do pop up on ebay occasionally; you can try and find one @ knife-bst.com, too.

There's a dealer (hp has ayellow layout, the name is escaping me right now) that has long discontinued Spydies in stock; he is charging MSRP though. Will lookup its name.

The blade and handle are pinned together; there's no simple way to take it apart or assemble a blade and a seperate handle. Most likely it won't work out anyway.

Dennis

Thank you I will continue my search!

I know this is the knife if that helps. Everywhere I go every website has it lists as a 4 and I know that isn't right.
Attachments
endura.jpg
endura.jpg (15.06 KiB) Viewed 4366 times
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

http://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-Endura-S ... 470&sr=1-5

Heh, happens to the best of us. Here is an Endura 2 on Amazon. If you search around, you can probably find one for a bit cheaper.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

If the knife had a stainless steel handle, and he had it for 5 years, it could have been either an Endura II or the all stainless version of the Endura 4 which was introduced in late 2005 or early 2006. The "good news" is that the two are almost identical except the Endura 4 uses better steel and is available from most dealers, including my personal favorite, New Graham Knives. Am sure he'd be happy with one of them.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
The Mentaculous

Post by The Mentaculous »

Looks like they probably have it in stock, I could be wrong though. I believe this is the one mentioned in the post--they sell many discontinued knives, at full MSRP.

I hope that posting this is not frowned upon.

Good luck!

PS-Looking at the Amazon link, I'd recommend that you really make sure it's the Endura 2 they're sending and not the Stainless Steel Endura 4, which they may have misidentified as a 2. That's unless you don't mind getting the 4, which as Deacon said, is very similar, and has some improvements like a lower-riding clip mount
xxkittyloafxx

Post by xxkittyloafxx »

Jordan wrote:
Heh, happens to the best of us. Here is an Endura 2 on Amazon. If you search around, you can probably find one for a bit cheaper.

See it helps when you finally know what you're looking for. All this time I was looking for a 3 and it needed to be a 2. You guys are the best!

Thank You! I will look around, but probably try ordering the one on Amazon. I'm to the point where I don't care what it cost. I'm tired of hearing about the knife, but I understand he is upset he lost something he liked so much.
xxkittyloafxx

Post by xxkittyloafxx »

The Mentaculous wrote:
Looks like they probably have it in stock, I could be wrong though. I believe this is the one mentioned in the post--they sell many discontinued knives, at full MSRP.

I hope that posting this is not frowned upon.

Good luck!

PS-Looking at the Amazon link, I'd recommend that you really make sure it's the Endura 2 they're sending and not the Stainless Steel Endura 4, which they may have misidentified as a 2. That's unless you don't mind getting the 4, which as Deacon said, is very similar, and has some improvements like a lower-riding clip mount
I know what you're saying about amazon! They are always messing up. Thank you for the other website too! I'll order both and ship back the one that's bound to be wrong. I've ordered so many knives that picture the one I'm looking for and every time I get the product in its the new endura 4. Unfortunately he didn't like it because it was lighter. lmao go figure right?
Murdoc

Post by Murdoc »

According to the Spyderco catalog, the old one was 156g, and the new one is heavier, 161g...

but what the heck, if he wants the old one, that's what he will get :)

...because his wife is so nice to him ;)

Dennis
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

xxkittyloafxx wrote:Unfortunately he didn't like it because it was lighter. lmao go figure right?
Sounds like he's making excuses, the guy must really want one just like it. :D

But on a more serious note, the current Endura4 IS an improvement over the old one. But hey, whatever floats his boat. :)
xxkittyloafxx

Post by xxkittyloafxx »

lmao!! Guess he might be then! Imma have to call him out on it later, but I get it. He has told me that finding that knife was like me finding my guitar.

He took me out for V-day to buy me a guitar and wanted me to pick it out. We went from store to store to store and had almost given up until bam! there it was the one I wanted. White with a dark neck and pearled pick guard. It had all the pickups, tones and volume controls. I've loved it ever since and would never trade it in for another.

He loved that knife lmao it has been lost for 8 months now and he is STILL upset about it. Thinks some guy at work found it and sold it.

Thank you guys for all your help! You've been the best! I hope the purchase I made today will end my quest and this time I'm going to have the darn thing engraved. =P
xxkittyloafxx

Post by xxkittyloafxx »

Creepo wrote:the current Endura4 IS an improvement over the old one. But hey, whatever floats his boat. :)
I had read about the Endura 4 and all the changes that had been made when we received the first incorrect shipment. However when he looked at it and said, "I guess I could just keep this..." I could hear in his voice he was settling. He had to have the other knife. :p

You will laugh I told him to be watching for a package in the next couple weeks. He just looked at me and asked, "Is it for me???" I couldn't keep a straight face. It's going to be hard to keep this from him till Christmas! :mad: :p
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

xxkittyloafxx wrote:I had read about the Endura 4 and all the changes that had been made when we received the first incorrect shipment. However when he looked at it and said, "I guess I could just keep this..." I could hear in his voice he was settling. He had to have the other knife. :p
Oh yea, THAT tone, guess the E2 was sort of his first, you never forget that one. :p
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

Here's one in PE, close but no go...

http://cgi.ebay.com/SPYDERCO-C47-ENDURA ... 256383d182
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
xxkittyloafxx

Re:

Post by xxkittyloafxx »

Murdoc wrote:The knife was most likely an Endura 2; the E1 and E3 had a FRN handle, the Endura 2 had a stainless steel handle. (well, actually the first Endra wit an official "number" was the 4th gen.; but consensus is that the first SS Endura is called "Endura 2", but even on the Spyderco online catalog, there is some confusion). For more info, take a look here:
http://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php?title=C10_Endura

Anyway, they do pop up on ebay occasionally; you can try and find one @ knife-bst.com, too.

There's a dealer (the name is escaping me right now) that has long discontinued Spydies in stock; he is charging MSRP though. Will lookup its name.
EDIT: here it is:

Maybe your husband will settle with the new Endura 4 SS? Looks pretty similar and is easy to get @ your preferred dealer. You can get them with plain edge, too :)

Dennis

Dennis, I just want to say thank you again if you are still on here. My husband lost this knife AGAIN!! In the same way!!! But thanks to you and everyone in this thread, I have ordered the knife again through Country Knives. ❤️ Atleast this time it took him 6 years before he lost it. I guess that is an improvement. Lmfao!!
twinboysdad

Re: Need An Experts Help

Post by twinboysdad »

Holy necrothread!!
remnar

Post by remnar »

twinboysdad wrote:Holy necrothread!!
That's what I thought until I saw who and why it was resurrected. :D :spyder:
xxkittyloafxx

Post by xxkittyloafxx »

Lmfao!! I heard that. I was just happy it still existed.