G10 Dragonfly vs. Urban Leaf

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Googz

G10 Dragonfly vs. Urban Leaf

Post by Googz »

I currently own a foliage green g10 Dragonfly and I was thinking of maybe purchasing a foliage green Urban Leaf. Is there a significant difference between them to help me justify the purchase? Also if you owned a g10 DF, which would you rather have a ZDP DF or the Urban Leaf?

Thanks in advance,

Joe
Orange Manix 2, Purple Endura, Foliage Green G10 Dragonfly, Leaf storm + more in the near future
olorin15

Post by olorin15 »

I have the ZDP FRN Dragonfly and Urban, and they are pretty different. Not sure how much closer to the Urban the G10 version is though. Dragonfly is much slimmer. Here's a pic:

Dopeler effect - the tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter, when they come at you rapidly.
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

The G10 GF is among my favorite knives and I have the Urban as well. Both are great small knives. That said the ergonomics are drastically different. I can get a better grip (space for 4 fingers) on the Urban but the GF feels more secure when opened due to the lock, even though I only have three and a half fingers on it.

Basically, get both, they are excellent.
knife_junky

Post by knife_junky »

I own both.. Great knives but for actually use IMHO the urban is a better in the hand
Knife..
Googz

Post by Googz »

Thanks all! Looks like I am going to add another spydie to my collection.
Orange Manix 2, Purple Endura, Foliage Green G10 Dragonfly, Leaf storm + more in the near future