Your TOP FIVE Spyderco Knives That Amaze You

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Water Bug

Your TOP FIVE Spyderco Knives That Amaze You

Post by Water Bug »

Of the Spyderco knives that you currently own, which are your TOP FIVE :spyder: s that truly impress and never cease to amaze you?

For me, my Top Five are as follows...

- Spyderco Military PE: No matter what the blade steel, the color of the G-10, or the materials the handles are made of, the Military simply impresses me! Sal certainly came up with a most outstanding design. I love the Military's blade size and design, its balance is second to none, the ergonomics of its handles is outstanding, and it rides beautifully when clipped in the pocket. This knife is ready to go when you are. When I EDC my Military, I feel comfortable and at ease as I know I have what I need in a knife.

- Spyderco C95 Manix PE: For me, nothing beats the original Manix. I love its brute strength, robust thickness, and outstanding construction. Its blade length and shape are outstandingly practical. And, the ergonomics of its handles certainly rivals that of the Military. Yes, this knife rides big and heavy in the pocket... and I LIKE that! To me, it's the Manix's way of telling me, "I'm here when you need me." As with the Military, when I EDC my original Manix, I feel prepared and know it's more than enough knife.

- Spyderco Delica 4 PE: In fact, simply put, it's the Delica design concept... PERIOD! It matters not which version of the Delica it is, this knife, in my opinion, has to be one of the most practical designs in the Spyderco line. Of all my :spyder: s, the Delica 4, by far, is my most constant companion. It sees far more pocket time than any of my other :spyder: s. I typically EDC the PE and SE versions of the Delica 4. I really like this knife and depend on it.

- Spyderco P'Kal: I'm typically not into knife designs intended for self-defense; however, I'll make an exception for the P'Kal. This knife fascinated me the first time I saw it on the Spyderco Online Catalog. I love the design, and, having been stationed in the Philippines, I really like the cultural aspects of this knife. Although the P'Kal's design has self-defense intentions, I also appreciate some of the practical utility that the knife offers.

- Spyderco Perrin PPT: For a knife that has been described as being designed for self defense, it certainly is a very practical one. I'm always impressed with the Perrin PPT every time I thumb it open as well as EDC it. I really love the blade design as well as the unique grip of the G-10 handles. I appreciate it more for its utilitarian use, and find it comforting that it has self-defense capability if needed.

How about you?
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

These spring to mind, it's hard to pick 5!!! :(

Rookie G10 Sprint: Actually my Dad's but the pocket profile/size is amazing for the blade length. Great point on it too!

Stretch ZDP FRN: Just love the handle. So comfortable.

Superhawk: Impressive in every imaginable way except pocket space :p .

Manix2 M4: Love the steel and the tan G10. Eric knocked it out of the park!

Sage 2: Simplicity done perfect by a great maker. Universally useful blade shape and a nice choil/standard grip without sacrificing either.
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

Manix2 in M4: My favorite Spyderco design, in one of my favorite steels.

Manix2 in 154CM and Black Blade: Just a bad-*** knife with a great look to it.

Para2 in CF andS90v: Light weight, and smooth as silk action.

SuperLeaf: Built like a tank, but still relatively light. I'd say its the most under-rated member of the current Spyderco lineup.

Embassy all black: classy and tactical at the same time.

In writing this I realize picking the top five isn't as easy as it seems. Maybe I should just combine my 1st two to say the whole Manix2 family. Hands down my favorite design, in any and all configurations I've seen. I love this design so much it's the only design that I have in SE.
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

My choicies in no order:

1. The Navaja
2. Para 2 S90V
3. Superleaf
4. Original Manix
5. Sage 2
I_like_sharp_things

Post by I_like_sharp_things »

This thread gives me an excuse to buy 2 more Spydercos so that I can have 5 that I own. :D
Spyder Count: 7
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Ronin
Yojimbo
Waved Endura
Vesuvius
Chinook
Ladybug
Rock Salt
Meer-Kat
That's eight...... :p Doc :p
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
mongatu

Post by mongatu »

Mine would be Para Miliitary 2
Military
Caly 3.5
Endura 4
and I'm getting my first Manix of any type next week (the Tan M4 one) so maybe that will be in the list after I see what it's all about.

Btw, how is the Manix 2 different from the original Manix?
Peter - My :spyder:'s:
Caly~3.5 (VG-10 & S. Blue); Para2~(20CP~M390~S30v); Military~(M390~S30v); Endura & Delica~4~FFG; Native~(S30v); Caly~Jr.~(ZDP); Manix~2~(M4); Ladybug~3~(VG-10. SE); Mules~(M390).
boxer93

Post by boxer93 »

Caly Jr. (Burgandy)
Chokwe
Kopa
My Other users don't amaze as much as do what I expect.

Chris
Be Excellent to each other.
The Mentaculous

Post by The Mentaculous »

Caly 3 CF
Caly 3.5
Stretch CF
Regular Para 2
Chokwe

All of these exceeded my expectations, and proved themselves to be amazing performers.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Manix 2 dlc is my main edc
Manix 2 s90v
Para 2 g10
Navaja
Manix moonglow

Got a manix in m4 coming.... can not wait lol
iwolf81

Post by iwolf81 »

Khukuri
Zulu
Poliwog G-10
Para D2
ATR SE
D3 CE, FG D4 CE Krein'd, Blue D4 FFG, Pink D4, Caly3 SE, USN E4 CE, Pink E4 CE, E4 ZDP-189 SE, FG E4 CE, E4 G10 FFG, Tenacious SE, Para SE, Para D2, Millie D2, ATR SE, Orange Assist I, Blue Rescue 93, Khukuri, Barong, Meerkat, Ladybug H1 SE, Manix 2 XHP, Rock Salt, S90V Mule Krein'd, JD Smith Sprint, Brown Matriarch SE, Poliwog, Stretch CE, Millie M4/Ti, Rock Lobster, Zulu, Rescue 79, D'Allara Rescue, LadyHawk SE, Lum Tanto Sprint, Dragonfly G10, Chaparral, Sage I, Caspian, Gayle Bradley
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Manix2 CTS-XHP
SE Spyderhawk Salt
SE Scorpius
2005 Forum Adventura (soon to be resurrected in the spirit of easter ;) )
Tenacious
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

chokwe
rock salt
H1 spyderhawk
military
manix 2

(so hard to pick only 5!!!)
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: 1.) the superhawk; regardless of how much of my impute was a part of it, I was there on the forum dialog that resulted in the superhawk, so cool!
2.) the Endurahawk; J.d. spydohawk sold me one from his collection (for much less than I would've been willing to pay.) when I started collecting spydercos after this under-rated knife had been disco'd. My first grail knife, Joe was the ambassador who clued me in that the forum community at Spyderco.com is something truly unusual and special!
3.) the Yojimbo; there are three people I've named Sensei, and Mr. Janich is number three. I own two smurf killers and am proud of my teacher and his knives.
4.)the original baby-manix; I swapped a pe Lil' Temp with one of my best friends for a pe baby manix, 'nuff said!
5.)dodo; **** dat's a before it's time knife!! Eric! Keep smokin' whatever keeps ya goin' ! ;) :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
geronm042

Post by geronm042 »

Military
Superleaf
Caly3
Chokwe
Dragonfly
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

Chokwe. The knife opens so fluidly & is such a good general purpose blade.

Centofante 4. Light, slim, carries like a feather & VG 10 wharnie goodness.

All the Ladybugs. Nothing to them but they are able to do so much.

Millitary. Beef & brawn in an EDC package.

Manix 2 S90V. Light but heavy duty FFG edge holding & the grip or ergo's.

C44 Dyad.
Yojimbo
Dodo
All Paras
Tenacious
O.
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

its great to see the chokwe come up so frequently! :D
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

My :spyder: collection has been cut down from around 2 dozen folders to about a dozen, 13 FB to 7. I can safely say the remaining all amaze me as well as quite a few that I've sold or gifted. Here's the 7 that are out this morning :)

I really enjoy what :spyder: does with their knives :D Also enjoy the shear quantity of sharp at my disposal :D
Attachments
only 7.jpg
only 7.jpg (84.67 KiB) Viewed 11870 times
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
geronm042

Post by geronm042 »

The Chokwe is such a nice knife. It was the one that get me back to spydies collecting... Very happy to see it coming up here !
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Ok, here're my top spydies.

1. Military & Para-Military 1
2. Chinook 3
3. Superleaf & Superhawk
4. Gayle Bradley
5. Blue Stretch & ZDP Endura
6. Tenacious family(amazing bang for the buck knives)