Your TOP FIVE Spyderco Knives That Amaze You

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Hmm...tough one...

1. GB because of M4, built-quality, ergos
2. Military in steel other than S30V, SIZE, slimness, weight
3. Stretch, superb allrounder
4. Any good steel and good gripped mule
5. all the rest....
Tom
pleeho

nothing crazy

Post by pleeho »

1.Lil' Temperance
2.Paramilitary 2
3.Manix 2
4.Caly 3
5.Endura IV
buddy54ck

Post by buddy54ck »

Delicate/Endura/Salt
CALY3
Sage
Manix
Lum Chinese

In order of EDC rotation
This could change!
Charlie
Tank

Post by Tank »

Just five, hmmm, I have more than five in my rotation but here are the ones that jump out (at the moment)

Adventura
Stretch 2
Caly 3
Hawkbill Ladybug
Manix 2
-John
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

If we are going over the top 5 on the list, I will add the Meerkat and the Chokwe...and the Caly 3.5.
gijoe945

Post by gijoe945 »

1.sage 1; 2.zdp189 delica; 3.Bradley; 4.chockwe; 5.manix 2' cts-xhp
bh49

I love good-looking knives

Post by bh49 »

1. Original Persian. Amazing ergos. Fits like a glove into my hand. Excellent slicer. In addition to this she is a beauty. I carry this knife for about five years and cannot imagine to retire it.
2. Navaja. It was long wait and finally about two weeks ago I got it. Every day love it even more.
3. Caly3.5. This is my second EDC, which I carry along with Persian. Love it. I love it even more than Caly3, which I carried for four years. Almost perfect EDC:great ergos, steel, blade geometry, compact for 3.5" blade, low ridding wire clip, light. I even do not feel it in my right rare pocket. The whole idea for this knife was to replace my Caly3 as a lunch knife, but my right hand find it quite often on absolutely not lunch related occasions.
4. Dodo. Dangerous knife. When I hold it in my hand it make me want to cut even I do not need to cut anything :eek:
5. Kopa. Just a little joy with big potential.

I also love G10 Caly3 (and FFG UKPK), Shabaria, Lil Persian, Para2, FFG Natives, Lil T, ATR, all Vieles, Volpe, Adventura, Lava, Spyker, C95 Manix, MeerKat, Bob T slipit, and Lums.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
MCM

Post by MCM »

These today, maybe others tomorrow.
(Notice, no two have the same lock)

the back-ups.......
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
JCP1969

Post by JCP1969 »

love this kind of thread, Helps me on future purchases especially when the ones I like come up so frequently. Well as far as my top five easy. I only own 5 so far, plan on a few more in the very near future. Thanks love pics but please help identify.

1 Military 440v PE
2 Cranberry Salsa PE
3 & 4 2 X caly3 CF zdp
5 Blue stretch zdp
DaBird

Post by DaBird »

1 ---- Szabofly

2 ---- Ayoob

3 --- Yojimbo

4 --- Chinook

5 ---- Navaja

Thats my Top 5 this week -- next week I'm voting again !!! :)
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I'm only going to mention one because if I list five I'll have listed most of my knives. I'll list most that I have and then the one that amazes me.

Endura 3
Delica 4 ZDP saber grind
Delica 4 ZDP FFG
Stretch blue ZDP
Byrd Wings

The knife that constantly amazes me when I haven't picked it up for a while is the Michael Walker. It is as solid feeling as any folder I have and feels like it is built to tighter specs. than most other knives. I believe I could use it on tougher jobs that any knife of it's size or a little larger. I have carried it quite a bit and have never wished I had a larger one. It has handled anything I've needed a knife for. I've heard several people say they would like to get a back-up for some of their knives and the Michael Walker is the only one I've thought about doing that so far.

Jack
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Hmm, tough call but I'll give it my best.

Manix
Stretch CF
Native 4
MW
tie between GB and Manix 2
On the hunt for...
DMgangl

Post by DMgangl »

1. Caly Jr. ZDP. I didnt think I would like this knife. I never really looked at it because I had tried a Caly3 and didnt like it. The handle was too slender and short for me. After reading about it on the forum I became interested in it. Finally I got an offer from a fellow forumite for one and I bought it. The handle is just tall enough spine to belly to fill my hand well, and give me what the Caly 3 lacked. It was also my first taste of ZDP and I instantly fell in love. I never thought it would be possible but this knife eventually replaced everything else in my RFP.

2. Cricket. I have put this knife through work that larger knives have struggled with, and the Cricket completed it with no problem at all. I dont buy multiples of knives since there is always a new model that I want. I own two Crickets and I am considering a third.

3. Caly 3.5. This knife fits me like it was made specifically for me. I cannot wait for the Super Blue steel model to come out. I think this is the only knife made that can give my Caly jr a run for its money.

4. Ladybug. Huge cutting power is a tiny package. I am waiting for Jeff to put the ZDP on CS so I can order a few.

5. Meerkat Sprint. I never even considered this knife. I didnt think it would be something I would like. I figured it would be to stubby and didnt have enough of a tip to be useful. My GF got it for me as a gift and it has really shined. The thick handle fits very well and the lock is fun to use. The blade is one of the sharpest I own and it is a great zipper.

All of my Spyderco knives are excellent knives and have performed great. But the few I listed above have far exceeded anything I expected of them.

DM
Smile, it can always get worse
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

mongatu wrote:Mine would be Para Miliitary 2
Military
Caly 3.5
Endura 4
and I'm getting my first Manix of any type next week (the Tan M4 one) so maybe that will be in the list after I see what it's all about.

Btw, how is the Manix 2 different from the original Manix?
The original Spyderco C95 Manix is larger in size, has a Backlock, and S30V blade. Here is a link for more specifics...

C95 Manix
http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=165

The Spyderco Manix2 is a little smaller in size, has a caged Ball Bearing Lock, and 154CM blade for the standard version, although other steels have been used for limited editions. Here is a link for more specifics...

Manix2
http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=418
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
grumpyphil

Post by grumpyphil »

Streetbeat
Navaja
Gayle Bradley
Police SS
Poliwog SS
All of my Mules
I tend to favor fixed blades. Most days I'll have one or two of those on a mercharness and one of those folders in some pocket but on days when I think there might be several tasks I'll add as necessary.
mongatu

Post by mongatu »

Thanks for the info.
Water Bug wrote:The original Spyderco C95 Manix is larger in size, has a Backlock, and S30V blade. Here is a link for more specifics...

C95 Manix
http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=165

The Spyderco Manix2 is a little smaller in size, has a caged Ball Bearing Lock, and 154CM blade for the standard version, although other steels have been used for limited editions. Here is a link for more specifics...

Manix2
http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=418
Peter - My :spyder:'s:
Caly~3.5 (VG-10 & S. Blue); Para2~(20CP~M390~S30v); Military~(M390~S30v); Endura & Delica~4~FFG; Native~(S30v); Caly~Jr.~(ZDP); Manix~2~(M4); Ladybug~3~(VG-10. SE); Mules~(M390).
00max00

Post by 00max00 »

1. PPT
2. Caly 3
3. Manix2
4. Sage 1&2
5. Gayle Bradley
LeathermanFan

Post by LeathermanFan »

When I get my first Spyderco knife, the "controversial Spyderco Tenacious". I will give my honest opinion on it, when I get it.
Flashpoint

Post by Flashpoint »

These are the models that I'm familiar with, and I am amazed......

IMG_0359 by jpottsphotography, on Flickr
MCM

Post by MCM »

Maybe its really these 5.
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......