Of the Spyderco knives that you currently
own, which are your TOP FIVE
s that truly impress and never cease to amaze you?
For me, my Top Five are as follows...
- Spyderco Military PE: No matter what the blade steel, the color of the G-10, or the materials the handles are made of, the Military simply impresses me! Sal certainly came up with a most outstanding design. I love the Military's blade size and design, its balance is second to none, the ergonomics of its handles is outstanding, and it rides beautifully when clipped in the pocket. This knife is ready to go when you are. When I EDC my Military, I feel comfortable and at ease as I know I have what I need in a knife.
- Spyderco C95 Manix PE: For me, nothing beats the original Manix. I love its brute strength, robust thickness, and outstanding construction. Its blade length and shape are outstandingly practical. And, the ergonomics of its handles certainly rivals that of the Military. Yes, this knife rides big and heavy in the pocket... and I LIKE that! To me, it's the Manix's way of telling me, "I'm here when you need me." As with the Military, when I EDC my original Manix, I feel prepared and know it's more than enough knife.
- Spyderco Delica 4 PE: In fact, simply put, it's the Delica design concept... PERIOD! It matters not which version of the Delica it is, this knife, in my opinion, has to be one of the most practical designs in the Spyderco line. Of all my
s, the Delica 4, by far, is my most constant companion. It sees far more pocket time than any of my other
s. I typically EDC the PE and SE versions of the Delica 4. I really like this knife and depend on it.
- Spyderco P'Kal: I'm typically not into knife designs intended for self-defense; however, I'll make an exception for the P'Kal. This knife fascinated me the first time I saw it on the Spyderco Online Catalog. I love the design, and, having been stationed in the Philippines, I really like the cultural aspects of this knife. Although the P'Kal's design has self-defense intentions, I also appreciate some of the practical utility that the knife offers.
- Spyderco Perrin PPT: For a knife that has been described as being designed for self defense, it certainly is a very practical one. I'm always impressed with the Perrin PPT every time I thumb it open as well as EDC it. I really love the blade design as well as the unique grip of the G-10 handles. I appreciate it more for its utilitarian use, and find it comforting that it has self-defense capability if needed.
How about you?