Bolstered Stretch - Sal Strikes Again

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Beautiful knife and a nice gesture. Congratulations and.kudos!
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
mobi

Post by mobi »

That is really nice it really brings together the new school spyderco lines and the traditional wooden scales with bolsters in a classy looking way.
losabio

Post by losabio »

Congrats Deacon! Are you going to carry it? That knife will look great with some of the luster of newness worn off. :)
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: Beautiful knife, could it be cocobolo? It'll often have yellow streaks with that sort of grain. :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

As I mentioned earlier, it has been confirmed by Sal that the wood is cocobolo.
losabio wrote:Congrats Deacon! Are you going to carry it? That knife will look great with some of the luster of newness worn off. :)
Thanks. As for your question, yes, it has already been carried and will continue to be. It has also been used a few times around the house. It's simply too great a knife and too close to my idea of the perfect knife for me not to use it.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

losabio wrote:Congrats Deacon! Are you going to carry it? That knife will look great with some of the luster of newness worn off. :)
Please carry it Deacon. I would hate to see that knife live in a box. I know you will take good care of it and always have something else to use if it were a dirty cutting task. It just doesn't seem right for it not to live a little (for lack of a better way to put it).

Jack
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

The Deacon wrote:As I mentioned earlier, it has been confirmed by Sal that the wood is cocobolo.

Thanks. As for your question, yes, it has already been carried and will continue to be. It has also been used a few times around the house. It's simply too great a knife and too close to my idea of the perfect knife for me not to use it.
jackknifeh wrote:Please carry it Deacon. I would hate to see that knife live in a box. I know you will take good care of it and always have something else to use if it were a dirty cutting task. It just doesn't seem right for it not to live a little (for lack of a better way to put it).

Jack
Oops, I didn't read the last half of your last post. That's great.

Jack
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Humina humina humina (gargles)
SpyderTex

Post by SpyderTex »

I love this rendition of the stretch. It is simply fantastic. Ive long yearned for the carbon fiber stretch because it is more classy but this version is utterly perfect. Please put into production. Would definitely become my first stretch. Tex
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

Looks great Deacon, glad you are using it too. Outstanding gesture by Sal.
"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich
LAB

Post by LAB »

That's a beautiful knife. It reminds me of the Lakota brand knives of 20 years ago.
Peruna

Post by Peruna »

Lovely knife. Call it the traditionalist in me, I would love to see one in ebony or red jigged bone. There's a thought. A run of the Chaparral with ebony scales.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Don't know how I missed this thread, but dang.

Good Lord that knife is beautiful. What a nice gesture. Man, what an awesome knife.

Let us know, if you don't mind, what kind of wood that is if you ever find out. :)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
rycen

Post by rycen »

Look up at post 65
We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal
dialex

Post by dialex »

Hi Paul, congratulations on your new fine toy. Bolsters and wood give the knife that classic look which is never out fo fashion. I know you will enjoy it.
Although, for my part, I will rather preffer the Stretch in good old trusty FRN... and with a straight spine (whenever it will come) ;)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Congratulations on your beautiful knife. It will serve you well. Enjoy!
Tripwire

Post by Tripwire »

Deacon that is one very beautiful knife. I spent a good while examining the photos and hope it will go into production. :)
My :spyder:'s- CE FRN Endura 4, PE Tasman Salt, SE Tasman Salt, PE Ambitious, PE Grasshopper, PE FRN Delica 4, PE Squeak, Bob T SLIPIT, Lum Chinese GF Nishijin, Endura 4 Trainer, Native SE Lightweight, Delica 4 Trainer, Poliwog, UKPK PESF Maroon FRN.

Wishlist: Matriarch2, Manix2, Pacific Salt Black, Spyderhawk, Manbug, Chaparral, Yojimbo2, Kiwi Stag, Native 5, Starmate (either an original or a newly released one-whenever it comes out).
Rutgrr

Post by Rutgrr »

Awesome-looking Stretch! I'd buy one :D
My :spyder:s

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
buddy54ck

Congrats Again

Post by buddy54ck »

:spyder: :spyder:
:D
Hi Deacon,
To the Spyderco Faithfull, There is no higher Honor, and to one so Deserving !
I Know that You have had it for sometime............................
.......... Your thoughts? New Pictures, showing Use !
Charlie
:D
:spyder: :spyder:
angusW

Post by angusW »

When I saw this thread again just now, I thought it would be announced that this beauty would go into production. Ahh, we can only dream :)
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies