Wire pocket clip

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
roymail

Wire pocket clip

Post by roymail »

I'm a fan of the Caly's like many others here. Since it has the wire pocket clip that I really like, I wonder if Spyderco may consider it for the Delica or others in the future?

What do you think? Would you like to see the Delica or others with the wire pocket clip?
Domanfp

Post by Domanfp »

I would love a delica with a wire clip. I am a wire clip junkie
-Frank

Delica and Endura are great knives! They're the low priced crack samples that'll get you hooked on spyderco! Feed the need!
-Michael Cook
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

domanfp wrote:i would love a delica with a wire clip. I am a wire clip junkie
+1
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

I would like to see more wire clips. But the feature I like is that the knife rides lower in the pocket, not necessarily that it's wire. So, I would be just as happy with any low profile/riding style clip.
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

Mako109 wrote:I would like to see more wire clips. But the feature I like is that the knife rides lower in the pocket, not necessarily that it's wire. So, I would be just as happy with any low profile/riding style clip.
Very good point...
I really wish they were all low rideing clips and not the shiny stainless steel.

I actually just put this on my Ambitious earlier today.
cougar337

Post by cougar337 »

Domanfp wrote:I would love a delica with a wire clip. I am a wire clip junkie
+1 LOVE LOVE LOVE wire clips
- Ian
See pictures of my Spydies at Cougar337's Den[/size] :spyder:

Wire Clips and Little Big knives....keep 'em coming!
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

Some argue that a low profile clip makes it difficult to quickly draw your knife, especially with gloved hands.

I have a several clips from USA Knifemakers, as shown in gunnut35's photos. His second photo is a good illustration of how far this particular clip projects off the handle. This feature makes the knife very easy to draw of our my pocket or WB. My experience is that it's actually easier (or just as easy depending on where you clip) to grip and draw than compared to a standard Spyderco clip where part of the knife protrudes out of your pocket.

Just saying that a low profile clip can be designed for quick deployment.

Keeping to the point of the OP, I do like the wire clips for smaller knives, particularly the more refined gentlemanly knives. For larger knives, I go with low profile clips like those made by USA Knifemakers or STR.
The Mentaculous

Post by The Mentaculous »

I think there are plenty wire clip spydies out there...it's practically half my collection. All the Sages, Caly 3 and 3.5, UKPK's, Urbans, Dragonfly G-10/2, plus now the Superleaf and Des Horne.

I like having variety...too many wire clips would get boring, even though I like the design. It has certain knife designs that it fits, and some that it doesn't. I like the Delica with the regular clip. I think Spyderco has a nice balance of the regular clip and wire clips, and they do a good job of giving the right clip to the right knives. No need to switch any IMO.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

More wire clips please.

They don't scratch and gouge.
They aren't as likely to bend out.
The slots IMO look better than screw holes.
You can switch from "regular" to lower riding clips.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

Sequimite wrote:You can switch from "regular" to lower riding clips.
Excellent point Sequimite :)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Personally, I'd be happiest if they eliminated clips altogether. A knife carried loose in your pocket is the ultimate "low rider". But if there has to be a clip, I prefer one that allows for tip down carry. To date, no wire clips except those on the Meerkat and Q do that.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

I'm a big fan of wire clips too. Wouldn't mind seeing more.
dialex

Post by dialex »

I would love a Delica with a wireclip. Prefferably unlinered FRN handles. Oh wait! It has been done already ;) Here is my good old trusty heavily used (and abused) Dialica:

I would still love a production version though... :)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.