How Many Carry Neck Knives?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
buddy54ck

Post by buddy54ck »

:spyder: :spyder:
Awesome FB PIKAL!
Charlie
buddy54ck

Swick 2

Post by buddy54ck »

Anyone really like the Swick 2, I'm just about to pull the trigger, unless someone has a reason why I shouldn't!
Thanks,
Charlie
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I prefer clipped folders, but whenever I don't have pockets I switch to a neck knife. I like the Swick but wish Spyderco would come out with a non-finger hole neck knife. My main carry neck knives are a Krein custom TK11 with a silver twill G10 grip and a Krein Midtech Dogfish. I also like the Boker Perrin Neck Bowie (although the sheath could be better) and the Boker Vox Gnome. The Boker Krein neck knife is also nice, but the custom versions have prevented the Boker collab from getting some 'serious hang time'.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
buddy54ck

Hey Mr Blonde!!!

Post by buddy54ck »

Hey MRBLONDE,
Do You have a picture of Your favorite?
Thanks,
Charlie
Piet.S

Post by Piet.S »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Piet: Stop showing pics of the awesome FB Pikal, I keep drooling on my keyboard everytime I see it, and if my keyboard stops working..you my friend, are buying me a new one...Doc :)
Sorry about that Doc.
But yes, it is a sweet little blade.
And with the sheath I made, it's a neat package.

All your knifelinks, http://www.knifelinksportal.com
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

No sharp stuff around my neck. If I want to commit seppuku I would like to control it myself :cool:
Clipped, sheathed or in hand...
Tom
Piet.S

Post by Piet.S »

Come on toomzz, the edge of the knife in your pocket is closer to your genitals than the edge of my necker is to my throat.
buddy54ck

Post by buddy54ck »

Hi PIET.S,
Really nice job with the sheath for the Pkal. Looks nice, My kinda neck Knife!
Charlie
P.S. How would You like to make an O.D. one for My Delica?
stonyman

Post by stonyman »

Same necker for the past 8 years.......Emerson La griffe! I just have not found any better. I wear it so much that I forget that it is there. May upgrade to a ti griffe if I can find one. So close to body rusting is a factor if I am not careful. Take care all and God Bless.
Tsujigiri

Post by Tsujigiri »

I've started carrying a Becker BK-11 sometimes.

Pros: Frees up my pockets and is easier to clean than a folder.
Cons: Illegal to carry openly on campus and illegal to carry concealed anywhere in California. If they find it...
Piet.S

Post by Piet.S »

buddy54ck wrote: :spyder: :spyder:
Hi PIET.S,
Really nice job with the sheath for the Pkal. Looks nice, My kinda neck Knife!
Charlie
P.S. How would You like to make an O.D. one for My Delica?
Thanks.
Which type of Delica.
I only have a couple of 3's, my favorite.
For making a kydex sheath, you need an exact same knife as which it is meant for.
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

Basically, if I'm wearing clothes, I'm wearing a neck knife (except on the gym floor). I have a Ken Brock curvy HAK that sees the most carry, since it's the one I wear under my shirt at work. The rest of the time, I rotate a Perrin Street Griffe, Krein Ti Griffe bowie, Brum Talon, a one-off Brum 2-finger persian, Krein Cicada, Krein TK-1, Burke Sharkstooth, and a Folts Minimalist (I'm sure I'm forgetting something). I also have a Swick, but don't carry it as a neck knife.

As ChrisR pointed out, something heavy and metal swinging around my neck isn't good, so all my neck knives are pretty light. I own a Dozier/BladeArt Razorback, which was designed as a neck knife and is a pretty good utility blade, but it's just too heavy for neck carry.
DrSpeed

Post by DrSpeed »

Izula or Tom Krein Grasshopper and when hiking the Mora Clipper.
Endura VG-10 Delica ZDP-189 Paramilitary all black Military CPM S30V camo Perrin Street Bowie Tenacious Kiwi 3 Ladybug serrated Byrd Cara Cara G10 Byrd Cara Cara Rescue Byrd Meadowlark Caly 3.5 UKPK Pacific Salt UKPK Rescue
peacefuljeffrey

Post by peacefuljeffrey »

I regularly wear a Benchmade TK-1 neck knife with a black ball chain.

A while back, the vinyl-like handle coating started to peel away, so I peeled it the rest of the way off, which left the skeletonized handle really skeletonized.

Without the coating, believe it or not, the knife was no longer secure in the sheath (I feel that speaks of a bad design, personally). So I made a nice kydex sheath for the knife as it is with no handle coating. I'm a fiend for a nice, tight hold, so that's how I made it.
"Within this frame an ocean swells -- behind the smile -- I know it well..."
grumpyphil

Post by grumpyphil »

There are a lot of guys here who I would not argue with (Dr. Snubnose for one) about their opinions and neckers but personally, I just don't find a good way to utilize one. I carry my fixed blades (which is what I rely on most) in a Mercharness. After some years of doing this, I'm not sure why anyone would carry their blades any other way. I've tried many other methods and found them to be obtrusive and more or less ineffectual.
That said, I don't work (generally) in SD situations but I do work in situations where fast one-hand deployment is essential. Some may say that wearing a Mercharness is not PC but I also spend lots of time in an office situation with sheeple I guarantee would have a sheep hemorrhage if they even knew I had a knife on me and have never had a BAAAHHH raised yet. Special needs of course are just that. A necker might be your last line of defense and so I suppose that's a consideration but for most of us humans, I doubt that's a worry. Personally, my last line of defense is a 30 year old Gerber belt dagger.
ToXicFrOgXx

Spyderhawk

Post by ToXicFrOgXx »

Sithus1966 wrote:I do starting this week with my new Spyderhawk. We wear a tyvek suits at work and it's not easy to get at front pockets in one. Yesterday it was cutting open IV bags of Sodium Chloride and today it was depackaging nicotine gum.

What Spyderhawk is that?? It looks like it has torq construction instead of being pinned. I like the way that one looks. Are there different kinds of Spyderhawks?? Thanks guys.
ToXicFrOg
My spderco's include: Full Spyder Edge Cricket (Stainless), Combo Edge Delica 4 (Bi-Directional Grip), Sage 1 (Carbon Fiber), Manix 2 (G-10). :)
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I just got these and I'm still experimenting with a carry mode that works for me. Neck with ball chain or clipped to waist at my left hand side.

[img][IMG]http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/663/ ... rning1.jpg[/img] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]