Who out there is a sage lover!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ToXicFrOgXx

Who out there is a sage lover!!!

Post by ToXicFrOgXx »

Hey guys. I LOVE MY SAGE 1!!!!!!! :D Who else loves either their Sage 1, Sage 2, or Sage 3?? :spyder:
ToXicFrOg
My spderco's include: Full Spyder Edge Cricket (Stainless), Combo Edge Delica 4 (Bi-Directional Grip), Sage 1 (Carbon Fiber), Manix 2 (G-10). :)
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

My brother and I LOVE our Sage2's. We didn't think we would as much but it was a surprise slam-dunk.

In fact, his is on the way back from Mr. Southard with a thin FFG regrind. :) I'm half tempted to get a Sage1 now as the 2 has been such a great knife.
sixheads

Post by sixheads »

I have not posted in a while but i love my sage 1.

it is awsome.
addylo

Post by addylo »

It's still my favorite knife for EDC. I rotate other knives as a 2nd carry but my Sage CF stays on me all the time.
C142G, C10GPFG, C81G2, C101G2, C122, C123, C11BK, C11PGRE, C41BK, C94PBL, C136G, C129CFP, C129GP, C148G, C75SS3, C28BK2, C28BK, C130G, C138, JGGY, LBK3, C137, C133
neuron

Post by neuron »

I love all three. They're my favorite small/light EDCs.
kawr

Post by kawr »

Yep, absolutely love my Sage 2. In my top 5 fave for sure.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Where to start?

1. Great concept: use different locks on the same platform
2. Great materials: S30V doesn't get enough respect; Ti, CF...
3. Great workmanship: the quality of F&F from this maker is really excellent

I like the donation to the Alzheimer's cause also. Big thumbs-up for the Sage series. :spyder:
gdwtvb

Post by gdwtvb »

Sage 2 is my EDC blade. I can't say enough good things about it. The only negative from spyderco's point of view might be that I have seriously curtailed my knife buying since I got it.. That will change soon though. Native 5 in Ti, Chaparral, Techno, manbug, zdp ladybug are all must buy items.

Grizz
Rhiney

Post by Rhiney »

I love my Sage 1 so much I bought another (I have very few duplicates, which should indicate how much I love this knife!). It is great for my office environment and I've made more than a few feather sticks with it at camp when, for whatever reason, I don't have a fixed blade with me. Great knife.
mrsonofagun45

Post by mrsonofagun45 »

My wife bought me a SAGE 2 as a gift and I fell in love with it.The fit and finish amazed me.I have been spoiled by it because now less expensive knives just feel cheap.I have a little money tucked away for the carbon fiber Sage.Cant wait to get it!
freeman7

Post by freeman7 »

The Sage series was a great idea. So far the Sage 2 is my favorite, but they area all very, very good knives.
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

I love the Sage family. I edc a Sage 3.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KBR

Post by KBR »

I don't currently have a Sage in my collection....been away for a while.....but definitely have 'them' on my 'must have' list.
"A man who is of sound mind is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key."--- Paul Valery

Survive, Adapt, and Overcome...
amar

Post by amar »

I started EDC'ing a Sage 2 recently, and this is by far, the best knife I've owned. Did some odd jobs of cutting and chopping food (including some that was hard), and the found the ergonomics to be WOW! I had a Frankensage, but sold it to raise funds - had been eyeing a Sage 2 for a long time. :-)

I believe the Sage 2 will serve me well for a long time to come...
redyps04

Post by redyps04 »

Welp, out of nearly two dozen knives my Sage 1 is still my most carried EDC. It's the craftsmanship and design that grabs me with this knife.
Chopping Broccoli

Post by Chopping Broccoli »

I EDC my Sage 1 often. Its the only knife I'm considering buying a back up safe queen for.
Current Spydies....
Captain
Persian
Chinook 3
Manix 2
Stretch (Black CE and Blue ZDP)
Military (orange, brown, and CF)
Para Military 1 (black) (My EDC)
Para Military 2 (grey, orange, brown, blue, green)
Khukuri
Sage 1, 2, 3, & 4
Dodo
Chokwe
Gayle Bradley
Caly 3.5 Super Blue
UKPK
Urban (Wharncliffe and Leaf)
Progrip
Endura (white, orange, and G10)
Delica x6
Dragonfly x2
Ladybug x4
Perrin Street Bowie
Super Leaf

jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

There is one thing I don't like about the Sage 1. I don't have one. It has recently been moved up on the wish list. Now this thread pops up with nothing but positive opinions about it. There is a knife I have ordered and that is an absolute must. Then it will be Sage 1's turn. I really want the CF with Walker liner lock. I 'm happy for all of you who already have one (or more) and love them.

Jack
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

New to Spyderco, I have acquired in quick succession a Tenacious, a Dragonfly 1, a Sage 3 and a Para-Military 2.

I EDC the Sage 3. In addition to its sky-blue scales and its fit and finish, I admire the Sage 3's resemblance to points in the Clovis tradition of Paleoamerica.

I do have my eye on the imminent Chaparral, which seems to be a smaller Sage but with a lockback, which I like. Once I get the Chaparral, I may rotate it with the Sage when I want more real estate in my pocket.
b-elliott

Post by b-elliott »

I agree, the Sage I see's more pocket time and any of the many other knives I own. I have nothing bad to say about it and I'm very picky! :rolleyes:

I also can't wait for the Chaparral. The warrenclif Urban does take a close second to the Sage I.
-------------------------------------------------------

Brent Elliott :spyder:
R@y

Post by R@y »

Spyderco's tribute to various lock-designers made me a collector.
As a lefty I could carry the blue one but decided not to.