Contemplating Ladybug H3 Purchase

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
PsychGrad

Contemplating Ladybug H3 Purchase

Post by PsychGrad »

I've been looking at this model for a while, & it continues to grow on me. Are there any plans to make a combo pack with Photon? I purchased a ladybug 2 combo several years ago but my girlfriend lost it :(

Also, I've not purchased a full-serrated blade in a long time, because it didn't fit my daily needs. I am considering going with the serrations this time, as I will likely use it as a secondary knife

I appreciate in comments/impressions

Clay
"It's not the critic who counts. The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena."
The Mentaculous

Post by The Mentaculous »

I have a plain edge VG-10 one and a serrated H-1 salt Ladybug, and one of those 2 is almost ALWAYS on me. I think the Ladybug has to be my most carried knife,by far, just because I always have one on my as a secondary knife, just a tiny little compact utility blade that I only notice when I need it.

Both edges work great, but I have to say that since I got it, I use the SE salt version more. That's cause I carry all PE main blades, so it's nice to have a SE secondary.

As far as the Ladybug 3 goes..I think it's the best knife in it's size range by far. Great ergonomics, incredibly light, well made, great steels used, and a great blade with an incredibly fine 'splinter-picker' tip.

So you probably have guessed, I'd recommend getting it.
mongatu

Post by mongatu »

The similarly sized but not yet released "Manbug" looks especially nice to me. You can see prototype pictures of it towards the end of the Amsterdam Meet thread.

That said, I've had a VG-10 Ladybug 3 (SE) on my key chain for a long time. It's so light and small I don't even notice it. It has come in handy a few times when for some reason or other I didn't have my EDC handy.
Peter - My :spyder:'s:
Caly~3.5 (VG-10 & S. Blue); Para2~(20CP~M390~S30v); Military~(M390~S30v); Endura & Delica~4~FFG; Native~(S30v); Caly~Jr.~(ZDP); Manix~2~(M4); Ladybug~3~(VG-10. SE); Mules~(M390).
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Could happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath. IIRC, the original Ladybug combo and Jester combo didn't sell all that quickly. FWIW, the Ladybug 2 is the one that looks like a miniature Rescue and I don't think it ever was sold with a Photon.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!