NEW to Spyderco...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dedduck0121

NEW to Spyderco...

Post by dedduck0121 »

and i LOVE them! I have been using Sog's, Bucks, Kershaws, Cold Steel and many more and never wanted or cared to get into buying a Spyderco. Man what a mistake that was!

Have had my Tenacious for a month now and i am hooked. Been EDCing my Delica 4 FFG Blue for a week now and even more in love. Just ordered the Delica 4 FFG Brown and it comes tomorrow, its like Christmas Eve tonight LOL :D The good and scary part is I cant stop buying these knives now. :cool:

Just wanted to hop on here and explore this forum, its pretty neat!
tanrichguy

Post by tanrichguy »

Welcome! There are some great guys and gals here and lots of good information and whatnot.

Enjoy your new knives!
Spyderco C60P Massad Ayoob avatar courtesy of Dialex.
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

I remember when I was first bitten. I wonder if they are putting nicotine in their knives.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jimnolimit

Post by jimnolimit »

welcome to the leper... i mean spyder colony ;) .
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Yeah, I think people who call them ugly just haven't tried using them seriously - they are all designed well and when you actually EDC a Spyderco you invariably 'get' the design and you're hooked :D
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
Wolfie677

Post by Wolfie677 »

I can't say I started with the Tenacious, I actually started with an Endura in 1998 or so, but I bought a Tenacious a month or so ago and have been hooked on the design and quality. Since then I've bought a Resilience, an Endura FFG, a Native and a Stretch FRN. I'll be snagging a Native 5 as soon as it come out and provided there is a knife to commemorate/support the Japan earthquake, I'll be buying a couple of those as well.

Even though I am a newcomer myself, welcome to the forum, I've learned tons in the short time I've been here and I'm sure you will also.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Welcome to the forum. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
DrSpeed

Post by DrSpeed »

The Tenacious is their entry drug. It got me hooked.
There's no turning back now :D
Endura VG-10 Delica ZDP-189 Paramilitary all black Military CPM S30V camo Perrin Street Bowie Tenacious Kiwi 3 Ladybug serrated Byrd Cara Cara G10 Byrd Cara Cara Rescue Byrd Meadowlark Caly 3.5 UKPK Pacific Salt UKPK Rescue
dedduck0121

Post by dedduck0121 »

I already have the list of knives that are going to be ordered in the next couple weeks

Not in this order but here is the list:

Endura 4 FFG (Black)
Manix (Combo Edge)
Native
Strentch
Caly 3.5
Sage (Titanium)

This is not good...too many knives...too little money!
Zwager

Post by Zwager »

dedduck0121 wrote:and i LOVE them! I have been using Sog's, Bucks, Kershaws, Cold Steel and many more and never wanted or cared to get into buying a Spyderco. Man what a mistake that was!

Have had my Tenacious for a month now and i am hooked. Been EDCing my Delica 4 FFG Blue for a week now and even more in love. Just ordered the Delica 4 FFG Brown and it comes tomorrow, its like Christmas Eve tonight LOL :D The good and scary part is I cant stop buying these knives now. :cool:

Just wanted to hop on here and explore this forum, its pretty neat!
Beware, I started a year ago with the Tenacious as my first Spyderco and now I own already thirty Spycies! It's like a virus I never get really rid off it and I still like it!
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

May 2009 - 0 Spydies
Today - See my sigline. :D :eek: :D
16 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE
dedduck0121

Post by dedduck0121 »

bohica1998 wrote:May 2009 - 0 Spydies
Today - See my sigline. :D :eek: :D
that is insane!! ...i like it! :D

Just ordered Endura 4 FFG Brown (love that color) and a Manix Combo edge :cool:
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Dedduck,

Welcome to the Spyderco forum. Thanx much for the interest and support.

We have a very special group here. Hope you enjoy your time spent.

sal
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Welcome :D

I was a big Buck/Kershaw fan before i bought my first Spyderco. I was also infatuated with assisted openers before i started using the spydie hole.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David