More info on the upcoming Techno pls.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jhb

Post by jhb »

i dig the blue spacer. maybe a little better, if it was a bit more worn looking like the prototype on it's finish. i also like the proto's darker finish a bit better, but the production model still looks like a winner, to me anyways. i'm looking forward to getting one.
mattman

Post by mattman »

phaust wrote:Lots of knives have the cutout on the outside--Hinderers, Striders, Kershaws, Benchmade. I would not say it is uncommon.
Yes, I see it more now. I just never made the connection before, as I only own 1 frame-lock currently. I only picked up on the change to the Techno when it was pointed out in the thread at BF...

Anybody have info as to the reason behind an internal relief cut vs an external cut? Is it strictly asthetic? or is there a functional difference?

Thanks
Matt
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Some believe the lock bar cutout being on one side or the other has an effect on the strength of the lock under stress, or how the lock will behave during a breakage. But, the consensus seems to be that it really doesn't matter which side it's on, and is a matter of aesthetics and/or ease of manufacture.
:bug-red-white
THEO

Post by THEO »

Bump!
I cannot for this knife to come out and will surely buy one as soon as it does!
moykky

Post by moykky »

Very nice looking knife there! Is there more info on the size etc. available somewhere?
Sometimes (not often) it sucks to be lefty... :)
Senate

Post by Senate »

is it scheduled for this year?
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
Perry

Post by Perry »

Wow,
tough crowd. I would much rather trust the design collaboration between Sal and Marcin than a knife designed by forum consensus. I'm all for giving feedback with regards to use and functionality, but come-on guys, leave the aesthetics to the designers.
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Perry wrote:Wow,
tough crowd. I would much rather trust the design collaboration between Sal and Marcin than a knife designed by forum consensus. I'm all for giving feedback with regards to use and functionality, but come-on guys, leave the aesthetics to the designers.
Gotta agree with you here. Early proto pics dont always match production. Aside from that, Spyderco is collaborating with the designer, not making a pure Spyderco design. Lots of people didnt like the Leafstorm and wanted a choil to prevent nicking themselves on the end of the blade, but that was how Wilkens designed his model. I'm in for one!!
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
the ob

Post by the ob »

I am in.
Stretch zdp-189 blue handles / Caly 3 carbon fiber / Delica 4 FRN / Sage carbon fiber / Perrin PPT / Massad Ayoob / Delica 3 black DLC coated / Lum tanto sprint / Michael Walker CF ZDP-189 (x2) / Gayle Bradley
Starmate

Post by Starmate »

Bump. :)

(Perhaps I'm just too greedy, but I thought I'd bring this thread back to the top).

In light of the near-debut of the Yojimbo 2 and the not-too-distant unveiling of the Orange Dodo, I somehow managed to overlook this beauty called the "Techno." Does anyone have any new info on this model? How about a tentative ETA?

-S.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

The steel is going to be xhp or 204p?