H1 Dragonfly -- BRAVO!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
clovisc

H1 Dragonfly -- BRAVO!

Post by clovisc »

I noticed in the Amsterdam thread that an H1 Dragonfly is planned for release -- BRAVO, and THANK YOU Sal!!!

This is a knife I've been hoping to see for years! I cannot wait to buy a few, and make the knife a fixture of my EDC!!!

My wife and live in Ketchikan -- the first US city established in Alaska -- and the rainiest city in America. The maritime industry is central to the area, and nary a day goes by without some combination of sport fishing, hiking in the rain/snow, and otherwise encountering H20. For these reasons, H1 steel is a natural choice, and an ideal fit for EDC.

Like many southeast Alaskans, my wife and I both have jobs that can take us unexpectedly from the office to the field.

The dragonfly seems to be a great choice for a knife that can fit in both of these environments.

I hope this is just the beginning of an expanded range of H1 folders!
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Yes I can't wait for it too. It will probably live in my pocket. I thought Hilo was the rainiest in the US... or it at least felt like it haha.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Definitely looking forward to this one. My favorite LBK in one of my favorite steels = BOOM! Winning! :D
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
iyn

Post by iyn »

The dragonfly is my favorite EDC. I live and work about a mile from the ocean. The H-1 Dragonfly is the best of both worlds for me. Thanks Spyderco!
dgulbra

Post by dgulbra »

Hopefully they make a full SE model
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
dwong

Post by dwong »

I will need to give away my etched ss D'fly so I can get the H1 model.
I see the atoms free and fine,That bubble like a sparkling wine; I see the songs Electrons sing,Jumping from ring to outer ring;
-Lister
blackwell

Post by blackwell »

Yea this is quite possibly the most anticipated spyderco for me. I currently edc a dragonfly 2. Anyone know if this is a sprint or regular production model?
:spyder:C81GGY20CP2 Para 2 sprint - EDC
:spyder:C157GTIP Lionspy
Domanfp

Post by Domanfp »

I cannot wait for this knife. I have been EDCing an AUS-8 SE dragonfly for a few years now and it is a beast of a little knife. I think the addition of a more resilient steel is a good thing for sure.
-Frank

Delica and Endura are great knives! They're the low priced crack samples that'll get you hooked on spyderco! Feed the need!
-Michael Cook
kawr

Post by kawr »

I can appreciate an edc knife that requires zero upkeep other than sharpening :) . Looking foward to pairing this with my H1 ladybug.
blackwell

Post by blackwell »

I hope they release it soon =D :)
:spyder:C81GGY20CP2 Para 2 sprint - EDC
:spyder:C157GTIP Lionspy