delica4 the ultimate knife for modification.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MANIXWORLD

delica4 the ultimate knife for modification.

Post by MANIXWORLD »

seems like the delica4's are the ultimate choice for modification in all their flavors..anyway from what ive seen here on the forums.
Which makes me think,if you are a true Spyderco follower youve got to have atleast 1 Delica4 in the collection.
Who would have thought that you can find a knife as versatile as building Lego..
There are just so many variations of the D4 in production,apart from the mods that have been made by some owners..
The Delica4 might just reach legendary status.
syphen

Post by syphen »

I thought it already had reached 'legendary status'. No self-respecting spydie collector or lover should be without one or two.... I have 4 currently.
Too many Spydies to list!
unit

Post by unit »

My preferred canvas is the Endura...but I see your point.

The D4 is a fantastic platform indeed!
Thanks,
Ken (my real name)

...learning something new all the time.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I owned a Delica...for about 48 hours. I found that it just wasn't a good fit ergonomically and I don't like how short the blade is to the handle. But I don't see how that makes me or anyone less of a collector or lover of spyderco.
On the hunt for...
MANIXWORLD

Post by MANIXWORLD »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:I owned a Delica...for about 48 hours. I found that it just wasn't a good fit ergonomically and I don't like how short the blade is to the handle. But I don't see how that makes me or anyone less of a collector or lover of spyderco.
this thread is for the d4 fanatic,but all is well for the likes of other Spyderco's.always read the fineprint..not trying to cause dividence.its modification capabilities of the d4..
MANIXWORLD

Post by MANIXWORLD »

syphen wrote:I thought it already had reached 'legendary status'. No self-respecting spydie collector or lover should be without one or two.... I have 4 currently.
sorry the Delica4 is a legend..
unit

Post by unit »

There is something to be said about a knife when people are willing to invest WAY more than the value of the knife (with their time) to make it unique. You just do not invest a lot of time into something unless it is a pretty nice platform.
Thanks,
Ken (my real name)

...learning something new all the time.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I have three Gen1 Delicas which I've owned for 20 years. Does that count?

TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
DeathBySnooSnoo

MANIXWORLD wrote:this thread is for the d4 fanatic,but all is well for the likes of other Spyderco's.always read the fineprint..not trying to cause dividence.its modification capabilities of the d4..

And you may not be, but to say that "if you are a true Spyderco follower you've got to have at least 1 Delica4 in the collection." you may get some people that feel you might be.
On the hunt for...
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I have a Gen1 SE that I've had for about 5 years that I found for $5, cleaned up, and it is basically like new. Looks like someone dropped it in the mud and forgot about it, because once I washed and oiled it, I found almost no evidence of use.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I haven't carried my Delica for a couple months because i got a Para 1 and i just can't put it down. I have really big hands and the Para just fits my hand a lot better. Still i don't think i'll ever part with my Delica.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
DeathBySnooSnoo

My Delica is a Stretch...
On the hunt for...
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I tried so hard to like the Stretch but the choil just isn't "round" enough for my taste. I constantly feel like my finger is going to slip forward into the blade when i choke up on it.
~David
DeathBySnooSnoo

Evil D wrote:I tried so hard to like the Stretch but the choil just isn't "round" enough for my taste. I constantly feel like my finger is going to slip forward into the blade when i choke up on it.
I can see that if you have large hands. Mine are only slightly larger than average and I find that my hand fits perfectly and I think that I would have to stab at something very hard to have my hand slip forward.
On the hunt for...
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I get the same thing with the Persians...and i really really like those knives but they just need a little more choil. I might be the only guy on this forum who doesn't have a problem with the "pinky bump" on the original Paramilitary because when i use the choil that hump is behind my pinky and fits my hand like a glove.
~David
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Delica 4 g10 foliage green, now thats a knife. To bad I dont have one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Murdoc

Post by Murdoc »

When it comes to D4s (and modded ones to boot), I just can't help myself from posting pics of my very first Spydie which was altered a little:

the rarely posted "before" pic (one of my first Spydie pics from way back):

The Delica IS a classic and pretty cheap compared to other Spydies. I agree that any Spydie fan should at least TRY one. It doesn't hurt to have one in the collection after all, even if the Stretch or Para2 or Endura or whatever is the personal favourite ;) personally, I prefer the Endura to the Delica, but that doesn't keep me from owning.... let me count..... 4 of them. D2SE, D4SSPE, D4 pink, D4W (FG). Plus an Economy Standard.

Dennis
liltemp1

Post by liltemp1 »

Murdoc wrote:When it comes to D4s (and modded ones to boot), I just can't help myself from posting pics of my very first Spydie which was altered a little:

The Delica IS a classic and pretty cheap compared to other Spydies. I agree that any Spydie fan should at least TRY one. It doesn't hurt to have one in the collection after all, even if the Stretch or Para2 or Endura or whatever is the personal favourite ;) personally, I prefer the Endura to the Delica, but that doesn't keep me from owning.... let me count..... 4 of them. D2SE, D4SSPE, D4 pink, D4W (FG). Plus an Economy Standard.

Dennis
\,,/ Every Delica fan has to have 1 of these \,,/
I'd rather be tried by 12, than carried by 6.
delicafreak

Post by delicafreak »

liltemp1 wrote:\,,/ Every Delica fan has to have 1 of these \,,/
roger that! i have 1. :D :D
it all started november 2010.. now Im up to 16:spyder:'s and 2 BYRD's and still, theres many more to come. thanks sal :p:D HUGE thanks to my dad for my newly accuired Orange manix 2!:D
MANIXWORLD

Post by MANIXWORLD »

Murdoc wrote:When it comes to D4s (and modded ones to boot), I just can't help myself from posting pics of my very first Spydie which was altered a little:

Dennis
now this is what the the thread is actually about..nice,thats what i like to see..