delica4 the ultimate knife for modification.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Armalite Native

Post by Armalite Native »

The line "any serious spydie person owns a Delica" kind of annoys me. I see it as a bit of a girly knife really. I might get one for my wife at some point.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I wouldn't go so far as to call it girly but if there's such a thing as a unisex knife it would probably be in that group. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Not all knives have to look like instruments of death.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
unit

Post by unit »

Evil D wrote:I wouldn't go so far as to call it girly but if there's such a thing as a unisex knife it would probably be in that group. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Not all knives have to look like instruments of death.
Funny you say that, the Delica has about the same width (blade to spine) as the Endura, but a shorter length. To the non-knife persons in my life, the Delica is a much more foreign looking blade shape...and generally when you have a sharp blade that is not "ordinary" in appearance, it tends to provoke fear. Generally you rarely see a long slender carving knife in a horror movie, but a BROAD chefs knife is often selected for the part (but they generally find a freakishly long one).

Two of my first loves in life were (and still are) knives and woemen. I am not sure what the intent of that post regarding "girlie" was, but I will take it as a supreme compliment to the Delica...a fantastic knife that is equally suitable to men (as evidenced by the numerous male fan base for the knife) and women!

It would seem that many collectors would have a copy or two of the BEST selling knives in the line up (Endura and Delica). It is not like I am going to shun anyone that chooses not to keep them though....
Thanks,
Ken (my real name)

...learning something new all the time.
syphen

Post by syphen »

unit wrote:It would seem that many collectors would have a copy or two of the BEST selling knives in the line up (Endura and Delica). It is not like I am going to shun anyone that chooses not to keep them though....
Well put Ken!

It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but being some of Spyderco's best sellers would lead one to think that most of us have owned or do own atleast one. (Not just a Delica or Endura 4.. I would include the whole series personally)
Too many Spydies to list!
MANIXWORLD

Post by MANIXWORLD »

Armalite Native wrote:The line "any serious spydie person owns a Delica" kind of annoys me. I see it as a bit of a girly knife really. I might get one for my wife at some point.
What if your wife buys you a Delica? Wont be nice to refuse a gift i guess..alot seems to miss the point of a thread...il rephrase then..'any Spyderco collector might want to own a Delica'