Choices, Choices

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
notos&w

Choices, Choices

Post by notos&w »

So, after pouring over the catalog and forum for about a month, I just ordered a Sage 3. I’m pretty excited about this knife. I was very tempted to buy a Sage 1 but since I already have a Native IV I thought I would try for something a little different. I have a Buck Mayo so another S30V titanium framelock wouldn’t add much diversity to the collection, knocking out the Sage 2. I also considered the digicam Paramilitary as I would like to put a compression lock through the paces, but digicam is just a little too tactical for me. I like that it is Made in the USA. It looks really cool too. Additionally I considered the Gayle Bradley, mainly because of its excellent reputation, but decided a folder of that size, weight and bulk is not something I really can use that often. Ditto for the Military. For most tasks I can get by just fine with a >3” blade. I considered a colored Delica 4 but the Sage 3 has color in abundance and offers a unique lock.

What knives are you laboring over?
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

notos&w wrote:So, after pouring over the catalog and forum for about a month, I just ordered a Sage 3. I’m pretty excited about this knife. I was very tempted to buy a Sage 1 but since I already have a Native IV I thought I would try for something a little different. I have a Buck Mayo so another S30V titanium framelock wouldn’t add much diversity to the collection, knocking out the Sage 2. I also considered the digicam Paramilitary as I would like to put a compression lock through the paces, but digicam is just a little too tactical for me. I like that it is Made in the USA. It looks really cool too. Additionally I considered the Gayle Bradley, mainly because of its excellent reputation, but decided a folder of that size, weight and bulk is not something I really can use that often. Ditto for the Military. For most tasks I can get by just fine with a >3” blade. I considered a colored Delica 4 but the Sage 3 has color in abundance and offers a unique lock.

What knives are you laboring over?
Manix 2 will be my next and speaking of catalogs my 13 month old grandson had something and my wife said "What does he have?" It was my Spyderco 2011 Product guide and he has chewed the **** out of it. I'll need to buy a new knife and another catalog will probably come with it. Then I will have 3 of them again. :)

Jack