New Bob Lum Tanto FIXED Blade Sprint

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
speedcut

New Bob Lum Tanto FIXED Blade Sprint

Post by speedcut »

I think that now with the coming of the :spyder: folding tanto sprint IT IS TIME for the fixed blade sprint to be pushed in front....such a classy and classical blade shape with g10 or maybe cf handles and zdp 189 steel....it would be a dream....

What do you guys think.....c'mon let's join forces and it may be REALITY....
burningpit

Post by burningpit »

I would love to see the Lum Tanto fixed blade with VG-10 and maroon micarta handles.
:spyder: Collector Club #092 :spyder:
2cha

Post by 2cha »

I'd want to pass (but wouldn't) on the ZDP. It would be a lot of fun in this Takefu cobalt though--assuming the use reports from the mule come out ok. The Lum FB with a hamon--even one that is mechanical instead of metallurgical (?--) would be pretty awesome. Please, please, please, micarta or polished G10, I have textured G10 bulging out of every drawer, shelf and box in my house.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I'd definitely get one. I haven't been able to score an original yet.
:bug-red-white
eneyman

Post by eneyman »

I just want more Lum folders in general.. I love his designs.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

burningpit wrote:I would love to see the Lum Tanto fixed blade with VG-10 and maroon micarta handles.
+1
Certainly VG10 and micarta. Maroon is fine, or green like Hossoms.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
RedRunner

Post by RedRunner »

I think I missed the folding tanto sprint. When did that come out? It's been out right? If not, I'm going to find a list I can get on.
trackstar55

Post by trackstar55 »

I have the original fixed blade tanto and it is incredible. It's a safe queen....i thought I could part with it several times, but just can't do it. the lines on it are so pleasing to the eye.
Attachments
IMG_0868.jpg
IMG_0868.jpg (43.79 KiB) Viewed 3311 times
IMG_0871.JPG
IMG_0871.JPG (77.27 KiB) Viewed 3371 times
Blueboost

Post by Blueboost »

speedcut wrote:I think that now with the coming of the :spyder: folding tanto sprint
What? :confused: When was there a folding tanto sprint run? If i'm out of the loop by chance... are there any left?
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

That's a hefty chunk of steel. A new model would be pricey even in Aus 8 like the original.
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
demtek9

Post by demtek9 »

I'd want one in a laminated steel to give it a hamon look to it. Put me down for one.
...oh you know why!
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

Blueboost wrote:What? :confused: When was there a folding tanto sprint run? If i'm out of the loop by chance... are there any left?
There has been no Lum Folding Tanto sprint yet, all we know is that Sal mentioned one is in the works.
Chris_H

Post by Chris_H »

A sprint Lum Tanto FB would be an awesome addition to my collection! I agree with trackstar55 that the design is too good not to have if you can acquire one.

VG-10 would be acceptable to me. However, I think the Takefu Cobalt Special might be another great choice or even Hitachi Super Blue (like the O-1 in the Bushcraft UK).
"All your :spyder: are belong to us."
** WTC # 1032 1533 **
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

2cha wrote:it would be a lot of fun in this takefu cobalt though--assuming the use reports from the mule come out ok. The lum fb with a hamon--even one that is mechanical instead of metallurgical (?--) would be pretty awesome.
yes

<:{{{{{>
Tom
LorenzoL

Post by LorenzoL »

I have a couple of the original ones in AUS 8 and would love a 6" blade version, maybe in a more up-to-date steel.
MCM

Post by MCM »

Sign me up........ for both.......... :D
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
HistoricalMan

Post by HistoricalMan »

If I remember correctly, Sal said a fixed blade sprint would not be possible right now as another manufacturer is utilizing that specific design.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I don't think another Manufacturer was making the fixed blade version. I remember in a post sal saying that about the folding tanto. As far as I know spyderco is the only one who collaborated with bob on that particular fixed blade design. Said company must have stopped production on the folding tanto.
LorenzoL

Post by LorenzoL »

vashhash wrote:i don't think another manufacturer was making the fixed blade version. I remember in a post sal saying that about the folding tanto. As far as i know spyderco is the only one who collaborated with bob on that particular fixed blade design. Said company must have stopped production on the folding tanto.
+1