Military......Now I Get it....

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gundude73

Military......Now I Get it....

Post by gundude73 »

for the longest time i had heard people's high praise of the military. i always wrote it off as "too big" and remained satisfied with my paramiliary.

well, i figured it was about time to get one. and all i can say is WOW :eek: this thing is awesome! i realize it isnt too big, it is just right. now everything makes sense :D

thanks for making such an awesome knife spyderco! :spyder:

Digicam Military
Digicam Paramilitary 2
Ladybug
Honeybee
Salt 1
Baliyo

-Matt
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Welcome to the choir! :D

[img][IMG]http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3951/millies.jpg[/img] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
Spydesense

Post by Spydesense »

I agree! :D
Attachments
Imported Photos 00382.jpg
Imported Photos 00382.jpg (104.33 KiB) Viewed 3313 times
My :spyder:'s>> Fluited Titanium Millie, M390 Millie, Brad Southard, Gayle Bradley, Junior, Bushcraft UK, Translucent Blue Manix 2, G10 UKPK, Sage 1, Sage 2, Ti Damascus Delica 4, Orange FFG Endura 4, Gray FFG Endura 4,Native, Blk Dragonfly, H1 Dragonfly 2, Blue Tenacious, Tenacious, H1 Ladybug, White Ladybug, Grasshopper, Honeybee and Bug
v8r

Post by v8r »

Yep
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
MCM

Post by MCM »

Its my favorite Spyderco. :D

:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
PaulVB

Post by PaulVB »

I too am newly in love with the digi cam military. I always thought that I wouldn't like it because it's tip down and large, but I always loved the way it looked. Finally I bought one a couple of weeks ago and I can't stop ogling it and have been EDCing it everyday. The military might actually surpass the Barong as my very favorite Spyderco and that is saying a lot. It's a great knife and I'm glad I'm not the only one who is just discovering its qualities.

Post by 5.56 »

Congrats Matt

Your first Millie ;) :D
-Rob

Knuckle dragger
gundude73

Post by gundude73 »

5.56 wrote:Congrats Matt

Your first Millie ;) :D
i should have mentioned that.

its my first, with more to come :cool:
Digicam Military
Digicam Paramilitary 2
Ladybug
Honeybee
Salt 1
Baliyo

-Matt
Armalite Native

Post by Armalite Native »

Grats but I too now want to know what a red thumbs down means?!
MCM

Post by MCM »

I must have hit in in error, changed to a thumbs up! :D
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Manchu

Post by Manchu »

Yep, gotta love the millie!! I need to pick up an orange one before they disappear for good.
Keep Up The Fire!!

:spyder: : Janich/Snody Ronin, Chinook II (2/ea.), Manix (1st gen.), Persian (1st gen), UKPK-G10/orange, UKPK-G10/fg, Southard, Gayle Bradley, Goddard OD Lightweight Sprint Run

**Sent from a remote location using smoke signals.**
Undertow82

Post by Undertow82 »

Spyderco has the only Military I'd join.
Orion's Belt

Post by Orion's Belt »

I'm still on the fence about buying a Millie. I want one, but don't think the size would be fit to my tastes. Too bad there aren't any knife shops around here. Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and buy one over the interwebz.
Undertow82

Post by Undertow82 »

Orion's Belt wrote:I'm still on the fence about buying a Millie. I want one, but don't think the size would be fit to my tastes. Too bad there aren't any knife shops around here. Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and buy one over the interwebz.
Just do it! You won't regret it.

It's not as much of a pocket-hog as you'd think.

Just buy one!
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Had one, bought it in 99 in my few weeks leave in my Kosovo-tour.
Black G10, plain edge in CPM 440V. Lost it somehow. I would pay to get THAT millie back. Few years ago I bought a plain Para in digicam. Great blade and I am about to get me a full size new millie again. But somehow, the S30V, keeps me from getting one. I now regret that I let the BG42's, S90V's D2's and M4's pass that came by on the WWW last years....

However I am sure you will enjoy this new Millie. It is a great quality design!

Tomas
Tom
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I never was a fun of Military/Paramilitary until last fall. I tried. My buddy at work is Mily/Para nut and has most variants of both. Things changed with Para2. I really like it. Planning to get one more. So I decided that it is time to revisit Milly as well and bought one. My impressions: I like it, still too big. May be I should wait few more years. :) :D
Orion's Belt wrote:I'm still on the fence about buying a Millie. I want one, but don't think the size would be fit to my tastes. Too bad there aren't any knife shops around here. Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and buy one over the interwebz.
There are few dealers, including Country knives in PA. Considering what that Country knives have in stock tons of discontinued models, may be it worth to visit just for fun, still buy on-line.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Whieee

Post by Whieee »

toomzz wrote:Had one, bought it in 99 in my few weeks leave in my Kosovo-tour.
Black G10, plain edge in CPM 440V. Lost it somehow. I would pay to get THAT millie back. Few years ago I bought a plain Para in digicam. Great blade and I am about to get me a full size new millie again. But somehow, the S30V, keeps me from getting one. I now regret that I let the BG42's, S90V's D2's and M4's pass that came by on the WWW last years....

However I am sure you will enjoy this new Millie. It is a great quality design!

Tomas
Could you share with us why S30V is holding you back? It's a pretty decent steel in my book. I have an orange Millie (S30V) and a CF S90V Millie, but I certainly don't think my orange one is a 'lesser' knife. In fact, it opens way more smoothly than my CF Millie. As for the steels, both are great and perform as can be expected from a heavy duty folder costing over 200 Euros. ;)
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

I was never interested in the Millis until just resently and now I have been trying to decide wich one I want. Orange I think.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Whieee

Post by Whieee »

Gunslinger wrote:I was never interested in the Millis until just resently and now I have been trying to decide wich one I want. Orange I think.
The orange Millie is badass. Pick one up while you still can ;)
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

S30V is the Rodney Dangerfield of steel today. Spyderco does an extremely good job with it. I would not let it keep you from buying one.