Michael Janich custom Endura

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jabba359

Michael Janich custom Endura

Post by jabba359 »

I found out about this over in a USN forum thread and don't remember seeing anybody post about it over here, so I thought I'd share.

http://www.staysafemedia.com/product.ph ... 20MODIFIED

I think Tony may need one to round out his Endura collection. Sure, you may lose out on the factory warranty, but that's a small price to pay for so much awesomeness!
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

sold out though more to come jabba?
--an eye for an eye--

"You can't escape yourself."
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Sounds like more are on their way. With all the things Mike seems to juggle, I'm sure that he doesn't have lots of time to make these, so they are probably very limited in number.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

jabba359 wrote:I found out about this over in a USN forum thread and don't remember seeing anybody post about it over here, so I thought I'd share.

http://www.staysafemedia.com/product.ph ... 20MODIFIED

I think Tony may need one to round out his Endura collection. Sure, you may lose out on the factory warranty, but that's a small price to pay for so much awesomeness!

RRRRRR, they are sold out. Mike, i am guessing you dont know of my affinity for enduras but i demand to be on the top of the list for the second batch, well it probably isnt smart to demand anything from you unless i had a howitzer pointed in your direction so how about pretty please ;) with sprinkles on top :p .

EDIT: why didnt anybody tell me about this earlier, you are all on double secret probation.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

I like it :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
HellHound

Post by HellHound »

No jimping on that, the blade looks very cool though. Holly cow! 119.95$ seriously i get me an endura grind of the nose and call it a day, lol i could pick up a military or para for that at certain places :D
thewannabesurvivalist
araneae

Post by araneae »

I could make you one Tony. Of course, I would have to write my sig on there with a Sharpie. But it would be much cheaper... :p
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

felicia 5 secs ago via phone.
i ask since its sold out and they say new batch coming in can i use my cc to preorder now to guarantee a spot and she said no. wait till the new order comes in and check back from time to time (few weeks total she said) and try to order it that way. so i'll stay on top of this for us and let you know when they are available!
--an eye for an eye--

tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

araneae wrote:I could make you one Tony. Of course, I would have to write my sig on there with a Sharpie. But it would be much cheaper... :p
well i could do that too...lol :p i bet i could forge Mike's name pretty well too but he might hunt me down like Chuck Norris :D
SmoothOne25 wrote:felicia 5 secs ago via phone.
i ask since its sold out and they say new batch coming in can i use my cc to preorder now to guarantee a spot and she said no. wait till the new order comes in and check back from time to time (few weeks total she said) and try to order it that way. so i'll stay on top of this for us and let you know when they are available!
thanks!
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
psychophipps

Post by psychophipps »

Mr. Janich, is there any chances of a standard blade length, but everything else done to it Endura coming from your shop?
sarguy

Post by sarguy »

DROOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I love that blade shape. Reminds me of what a folding Kalista might look like. I'd be interested in seeing a production model of this blade shape. In the mean time, I'll keep an eye out for the next run of the JAN-DURA!!!!
"It's like he channels dead crazy people!"-Brock Samson
Officially corrupted by Sequimite
Own:E4W E4W trainer, D4W, D4W trainer, Centofante 4, Swick II, FFG E4 w/ foliage green G-10,Mule Team 5 and 6

Want list: ZDP Stretch, Original and New Yojimbos, Perrin PPT
My wish-existed list: More MBC-esque blades.

markg

Post by markg »

HellHound wrote:No jimping on that, the blade looks very cool though. Holly cow! 119.95$ seriously i get me an endura grind of the nose and call it a day, lol i could pick up a military or para for that at certain places :D
Aside from a few well known tactical reviewers... "Jimping" is over rated. It gives the illusion of a strong grip, however the reality is, it is more of liability than an asset.

If you thrust into something, the jimping is not going to secure your grip, it is just going to rip you hand to pieces. Also, if you do a lot of cutting with the knife, it is just going to be more of an irritant than anything.

A secure grip comes from the design of the the knife and proper grip.
markg

Post by markg »

Oh yea, I want one of those too!!!
2edgesword

Got Mine

Post by 2edgesword »

Certified Instructor - Martial Blade Concepts

"The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men, and if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it possible an empire can rise without His aid?" Benjamin Franklin
iwolf81

Post by iwolf81 »

markg wrote:oh yea, i want one of those too!!!
+1!!!
D3 CE, FG D4 CE Krein'd, Blue D4 FFG, Pink D4, Caly3 SE, USN E4 CE, Pink E4 CE, E4 ZDP-189 SE, FG E4 CE, E4 G10 FFG, Tenacious SE, Para SE, Para D2, Millie D2, ATR SE, Orange Assist I, Blue Rescue 93, Khukuri, Barong, Meerkat, Ladybug H1 SE, Manix 2 XHP, Rock Salt, S90V Mule Krein'd, JD Smith Sprint, Brown Matriarch SE, Poliwog, Stretch CE, Millie M4/Ti, Rock Lobster, Zulu, Rescue 79, D'Allara Rescue, LadyHawk SE, Lum Tanto Sprint, Dragonfly G10, Chaparral, Sage I, Caspian, Gayle Bradley
sarguy

Post by sarguy »

2edgesword:
Is the lapped action noticably smoother, like using an angel wing to scoop cream cheese frosting off of a baby's...elbow?
"It's like he channels dead crazy people!"-Brock Samson
Officially corrupted by Sequimite
Own:E4W E4W trainer, D4W, D4W trainer, Centofante 4, Swick II, FFG E4 w/ foliage green G-10,Mule Team 5 and 6

Want list: ZDP Stretch, Original and New Yojimbos, Perrin PPT
My wish-existed list: More MBC-esque blades.

Red Berens

Post by Red Berens »

I wish this was a production knife.
Michael Rigg

Post by Michael Rigg »

*Edited*
Michael C. Rigg
Stay Safe Media

Follow@StaySafeMedia
Stay Safe Media on Facebook

Certified Instructor of Martial Blade Concepts
Martial Blade Concepts
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Wow. I want one to hold me over til the Yojimbo 2.
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

via his twitter:
The first run of Mike Janich custom ground Spyderco Enduras sold out in 5 days! More on the way soon.
2:51 PM Jan 20th via web

nice! i can't wait! i spoke to a woman, felicia... she said more's-a-coming soon! :D ;) :cool:
--an eye for an eye--