Spyderco book

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
toomzz

Spyderco book

Post by toomzz »

Is there any chance that the book about the history of Spyderco will be reprinted again? Or are there plans for another :spyder: -related book?

Tomas

(You may read between the lines that I want one.... Any suggestions or offers PM :cool: )
Tom
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Thanks Brian!

;)
Tom
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

Would you happen to know of an ebook version OTHER than in djvu format?

I don't know what it takes to read that. I have a program (calibre) which can convert most of the popular formats to the one I use, but even it couldn't figure out what to do with this one. :D :D
16 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

bohica1998 wrote:Would you happen to know of an ebook version OTHER than in djvu format?

I don't know what it takes to read that. I have a program (calibre) which can convert most of the popular formats to the one I use, but even it couldn't figure out what to do with this one. :D :D
http://djvu.org/resources/

Free browser plug-ins and desktop viewers.

P.S. If I had known The Spyderco Story was going to go up in price so insanely, I would have bought a lot more when Paladin Press was clearing them out for $10 or $15 a couple years ago!

P.P.S. I'd love to see a sequel written. I guess the best we can do is wait for the upcoming book on Spyderco's Ethnic Series.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

jabba359 wrote:http://djvu.org/resources/

Free browser plug-ins and desktop viewers.

P.S. If I had known The Spyderco Story was going to go up in price so insanely, I would have bought a lot more when Paladin Press was clearing them out for $10 or $15 a couple years ago!
Thanx for the info. At least now I can read it. (Oh boy, ANOTHER reader/viewer program! :o I wish they would have just picked ONE format and everyone would have stuck to it! All these different programs are a real PITA. That's why I had to get calibre in the first place - just to read some books that came out ONLY in one format.)

Yep, got one of those $10-to-my-mailbox deals from Paladin when they ran that special too. That WAS a good deal! I only wanted this ebook version so I could read it on my little Netbook when traveling, waiting in the doctor's office, etc.

BTW, in case there is any interest, here's where you can find more info or d/l calibre.

http://calibre-ebook.com/about

It's a converter program for changing an ebook from the format it is already in, to one your reader can read. ie, "lit" to "mobi", "EPUB" to "PDB", etc.
16 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I was fortunate enough to land one of the original hardback editions. It still behooves me as to why they never wrote a sequel to that book for updated models. Every Spyderco collector/afficionado should have a copy of the Spyderco Story by Palladin Press. JD
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

JD Spydo wrote:I was fortunate enough to land one of the original hardback editions. It still behooves me as to why they never wrote a sequel to that book for updated models. Every Spyderco collector/afficionado should have a copy of the Spyderco Story by Palladin Press. JD
+1

Joe,
Good to see you back.
Roman
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian