Any new news about the Szabo folder??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
camokid

Any new news about the Szabo folder??

Post by camokid »

I currently have money set aside for the Szabo Folder. I was wondering about maybe when the blade might be on the market, what blade steel, and prehaps a ball-park price range?

Inlighten me, Please. Thanks
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Carbon fiber scales on the szabo, disappointment for me.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I am waiting for it too. With CF scales it is not going to be cheap, but I haven't been able to find an estimate either.
"Wild animals are beautiful because they have hard lives."
- Paul Graham
camokid

Post by camokid »

I was also surprised about the lack of jimping. Is there a logical explanation about the lack of jimping on a "defensive blade".
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

camokid wrote:I was also surprised about the lack of jimping. Is there a logical explanation about the lack of jimping on a "defensive blade".
That's the designer's philosophy camokid. Anyway, if a handle is well designed it locks into your hand. All the jimping in the world won't make a badly designed handle better.
Tsujigiri

Post by Tsujigiri »

Does anyone know what steel this knife will use? If it's CTS-20CP I'll start saving for it now...
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

camokid wrote:I was also surprised about the lack of jimping. Is there a logical explanation about the lack of jimping on a "defensive blade".
By the look of the Szabo, it's intended for two-handed use.
"If you can't annoy somebody, there's little point in writing." — Kingsley Amis
2cha

Post by 2cha »

Tsujigiri wrote:Does anyone know what steel this knife will use? If it's CTS-20CP I'll start saving for it now...
FWIW everything else (or at least nearly everything else) made in Taiwan has been S30V.
Zendemic

Post by Zendemic »

Hopefully if it's made in Taiwan In s30v it'll be sub 200$ street price...

chuck_roxas45 wrote:That's the designer's philosophy camokid. Anyway, if a handle is well designed it locks into your hand. All the jimping in the world won't make a badly designed handle better.
+1 to that Chuck!!!
1*
If only there was Ti Para2 or H1 Assist...
:spyder:Come chat with us on IRC!:spyder:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/TheMediocrePirate]My Youtube Channel!

[/b][/URL]
Tsujigiri

Post by Tsujigiri »

****, I was hoping for something better. Funny thing is, before I started buying Spyderco's, S30V was a sought after premium steel for me.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Tsujigiri wrote:****, I was hoping for something better. Funny thing is, before I started buying Spyderco's, S30V was a sought after premium steel for me.
We sure are a spoiled lot when it comes to steels. :D

And Sal and company are to blame. ;)
v8r

Post by v8r »

I'm going to wait until it hits the market before I make a judgement call. I think Cf is neat and makes a knife a little less tacticool at times. I know that the knife is designed as a SD knife, but it can't hurt it to be somewhat classy can it?
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
stonyman

Post by stonyman »

I tell you what. This folder is the one I am really looking forward to the most this year. The Navaja running a close second. It is funny, because I typically feel like most folders are made for nevermind politically correct(Not lawfully!)reasons, but small handed people! Was kind of beginning to move away from folders in general..........honestly! :rolleyes:

Spyderco grabs Laci Szabo, a big guy with big mits and has him design a folder.......well finally a normal folder for above normal size guys! Oh the thing reaks of SD applications!

I am sure it may have been due to the designer, but I must say, I was surprised this one did not have a 4 way clip.......just saying. Not to start the whole tip up/down thing again.

I held one of the proto's back at blade 08 and was impressed then. After seeing a new Vid of the current proto........It really got the old juices flowing. One of the few for the big guys! :D Take care all and God Bless! ;)