Help Spydiewiki.com ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
zed4130

Help Spydiewiki.com ?

Post by zed4130 »

Ive been trying to register but i only get the log in come up, can anyone help :confused:

paul
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Not sure how you mean register. AFAIK, you don't need to register to use it, only if you're looking to contribute articles to it.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
zed4130

Post by zed4130 »

it must be a cookie thing then , sadly im not very good with pc :rolleyes:
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

zed4130 wrote:it must be a cookie thing then , sadly im not very good with pc :rolleyes:
Keep in mind that Spydiewiki is an ongoing project and that there are a number of models for which no article has yet been written. As an example, this page for the C07 Police should work for you, while this one on the C30 Remote Release will just be a mostly blank page that says "There is currently no text in this page, you can search for this page title in other pages or edit this page.".

On the other hand, if you're not seeing the photos associated with this page, it may be a browser issue. A number of us have discovered that page does not "play well" with Firefox, but works fine when viewed in IE, Chrome, or with Safari if you're on a Mac.
Paul
zed4130

Post by zed4130 »

The Deacon wrote:Keep in mind that Spydiewiki is an ongoing project and that there are a number of models for which no article has yet been written. As an example, this page for the C07 Police should work for you, while this one on the C30 Remote Release will just be a mostly blank page that says "There is currently no text in this page, you can search for this page title in other pages or edit this page.".

On the other hand, if you're not seeing the photos associated with this page, it may be a browser issue. A number of us have discovered that page does not "play well" with Firefox, but works fine when viewed in IE, Chrome, or with Safari if you're on a Mac.
thanks for all this info mate, i look forward to using this wiki for info, i was looking on the byrd section and it came up about loging on to see info, illl check out your information later once the kids have gone to sleep, thanks for the help.

paul
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

No problem. The wiki is a great source of information, but as far as the Byrd line goes, it is still a bit sparse. I think the Robin is the only Byrd model with an article.
Paul
zed4130

Post by zed4130 »

The Deacon wrote:No problem. The wiki is a great source of information, but as far as the Byrd line goes, it is still a bit sparse. I think the Robin is the only Byrd model with an article.

well i have a finch and the meadowlark on its way so possibly i could add a review,

paul
zed4130

Post by zed4130 »

this page is great, i look forward to going through it later, :)

http://www.spydiewiki.com/models/
Ted

Post by Ted »

zed4130 wrote:this page is great, i look forward to going through it later, :)

http://www.spydiewiki.com/models/
Thanks ;)
zed4130

Post by zed4130 »

Ted wrote:Thanks ;)

Ted its well and truly set on my favourites now :)

paul
ceya

Post by ceya »

Yeah could not log on or register.

Was trying to edit to and edit. Goodard Jr PE only came from Mrs Goddard. That is how I got to meet them at shows and talk to her over the phone alot.

I bought 2 from here and 2nd also with the notch.

Somebody wrote Spyderco was selling them in a small batch.

Maybe the 2nds.

S/F,
CEYA!
"Stay in the fight because we are Marines and the mission will be complete regardless of degree of difficulty."

by CEYA!
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

@ceya: I checked the article and will contact the writer. I suppose he will contact you. Thanks for your input Sir!
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
ceya

Post by ceya »

Ok and tell them yes that Jr came in serrated also.

I need to go to storage and pull out all of my Jrs.

Also the C02 Mariner, I think also a rare one is the Mariner necklace its so so small.

S/F<
CEYA!
"Stay in the fight because we are Marines and the mission will be complete regardless of degree of difficulty."

by CEYA!
Fairlane

Post by Fairlane »

Temporarily edited until i can find my references :)

Thanks a lot, Ceya!

And for the record: You will need a login ONLY if you wish to contribute articles and edits. All available information is open to all.
See this: http://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php?tit ... ity_Portal for more information!
Henning
Certified :spyder: addict

Help out at: http://www.spydiewiki.com for everyone's benefit!
zed4130

Post by zed4130 »

Fairlane wrote:Temporarily edited until i can find my references :)

Thanks a lot, Ceya!

And for the record: You will need a login ONLY if you wish to contribute articles and edits. All available information is open to all.
See this: http://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php?tit ... ity_Portal for more information!
when i can i would like to contribute as i have on the casio watch library as and when i have had certain models, although at the moment i think ill be mainly adding to the byrd section due to funds, but i have been impressed with my little finch and although have gone again with the FRN handled model meadowlark i look forward to trying G-10 versions soon, thanks ceya for more info :)

paul
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Not trying to discourage you, or anyone, from participating. Having someone research and write up the history of any model, Byrd or Spyderco, is great. But I think it's important for you to understand that the wiki articles are historical and factual in nature, rather than reviews and impressions. Things like when a model, and each of its variants was introduced, who designed it, what variants in terms of handle materials, colors, steels, etc have been offered and the "dimensional data" for them.
Paul
zed4130

Post by zed4130 »

The Deacon wrote:Not trying to discourage you, or anyone, from participating. Having someone research and write up the history of any model, Byrd or Spyderco, is great. But I think it's important for you to understand that the wiki articles are historical and factual in nature, rather than reviews and impressions. Things like when a model, and each of its variants was introduced, who designed it, what variants in terms of handle materials, colors, steels, etc have been offered and the "dimensional data" for them.
fare comment, is it ok to add just pics if not there ?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

zed4130 wrote:fare comment, is it ok to add just pics if not there ?
Truthfully, I'm not sure. I've contributed pictures to add to articles which had already been written by someone else. Not sure how it would work where the "article" was still just a stub. Am sure Peter1960 or Fairlane can answer that for you.

The "good news" is that any of the Byrds except the Harrier and Sparrowhawk would be fairly easy for you to document. The catalogs containing them exist in PDF form and contain all the "dimensional data". Plus, there have been relatively few variants and model changes and no "Sprint Runs" or otherwise undocumented "Dealer Special" editions. So the "bare bones" history is fairly easy to put together using the Wiki template.
Paul
zed4130

Post by zed4130 »

cheers paul im new to these knives but not knives in general as have collect them on and off since the early 80's . sadly here in the uk laws restrict certain knives, as cost is a issue to me most knives need some sort of use for me, for example i work in care and use first aid a lot so ive found certain swiss army knives usefull as a EDC for my job, plus found wengers scissors better for cutting bandages etc, i liked the finch as its on my key chain next to my victorinox classic and i find key chain tools usefull, im hoping the meadowlark will be a nice size and weight to have in my grab bag i keep in my backpack, plus i prefer the sheepsfoot shape for safety, i know the G-10 would be better overal but as weight was a issue plus price i didnt go for G-10 for now, thanks for the help everyone on this post :)

paul
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

The Deacon wrote:On the other hand, if you're not seeing the photos associated with this page, it may be a browser issue. A number of us have discovered that page does not "play well" with Firefox, but works fine when viewed in IE, Chrome, or with Safari if you're on a Mac.
Thanx for this info, Paul!

I was on an older version of Firefox and COULD see the pics. Later, some time after I upgraded, I went to the page and could not see the pics, but I didn't know why.
16 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE