Spyderbitten and caught a nasty fever

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Beanie-Bean

Spyderbitten and caught a nasty fever

Post by Beanie-Bean »

Yup, I caught the fever after getting my first Spyderbite a few days ago. It all started with a Ladybug, and looks like I've got lots of catching up to do. Less than two weeks ago, I had zero Spyderco knives. Now, the fever has kicked in, and I'm starting to understand.

From the top:

Delica 4
Dragonfly 2
Ladybug 3 Salt (this was the one that bit me)
Ladybug 3
Spyderbitten in 2011 and haven't been the same since.
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

At first, I thought you got cut and had a fever from the resulting infection. :) Welcome to the addiction and the forum.
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
bada61265

Post by bada61265 »

yea once bitten is all it takes. i bought a tenacious and got bit the first time i had it in hand and after that it was one after another. and still counting as i have to mule team knives on order right now. just never seem to run out of desirable spydies.
my knives:
kershaw Leek Buck 119 Cold Steel Recon tanto
Cold Steel Ti Lite VI ,
Spyderco: Tenacious ,Persistence, Endura 4 blue Stretch zdp blue, Manix 2 ,Native s30v . Sage2 titanium, Gayle Bradly cpm m4, Muleteam mt 10, woodcraft mule s30v. Orange Delica 4
Bark River PSK 154cm, Gunny, Bravo 2, Canadian Special
Visual Articulation

Post by Visual Articulation »

LOL !!! Oh i feel your pain and unfortunately i cant give u a good outlook cause i keep getting bit ... sigh.... pocket change jingling... jingle... sigh need more penny's for the fix its the only thing that subdues the pain.... injection of the day woodcraft s30v mule... aghhhhhh yup it doesn't seem to truly go away =)
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

Wait until you discover some of the fixed blade Spydies. You'll find we're all enablers here......

I've trimmed the herd of about half of my folders and 2 of my fixed blades, still have 13 folders and 11 FB with 2 being duplicates.
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
JediKnight86

Post by JediKnight86 »

Nice Dfly2! I want one so bad! I've totally got the bug right now as well, coming up on at least ten models I want to buy immediately.
Hi my name is Alex and I'm a Spyderholic :D
delicafreak

Post by delicafreak »

oh.. my.. god.. that ladybug looks amazing with that delica... i think ill have to add the FG ladybug to the list! *looks at list* wow im gonna need a lotta $ to get all those! lol
it all started november 2010.. now Im up to 16:spyder:'s and 2 BYRD's and still, theres many more to come. thanks sal :p:D HUGE thanks to my dad for my newly accuired Orange manix 2!:D
losabio

Post by losabio »

By strange coincidence, my brother just bought those exact same knives. ;) Welcome to the forum!
Wisehybred

Post by Wisehybred »

Im from Central Texas, perhaps we have the same fever??
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

Welcome to the madness. It is a great habit to have. I started with one Spyderco 3 months ago and now i have 25, and i'm waiting on a few pre-orders.
marknett

Post by marknett »

Even though my fever is not running as rampant as others here , be advised that the fever has many different levels . While mine seems to be spreading much slower ,it is still spreading none the less . I've narrowed it down to a substance impregnated in the metal . Under normal observation , it is undetectable but it is there so be warned . :eek:
Be afraid , Be very afraid
:)
"When Life feeds you Lemons , Pucker up and Quit Whining"

Mark
"Black" Delica 4 vg-10 (SG)
"S.S." Byrd Meadowlark 8Cr13MoV (SG)
"S.S." Grasshopper CR13 (FFG)
"Blue" Stretch 2 ZDP-189 (FFG)
Beanie-Bean

Thanks, everyone!

Post by Beanie-Bean »

Appreciate the warm welcomes! Gotta give props to my brother who has got me going on the righteous path.

Been watching lots of YouTube vids, and am going to pick up some para cord to try out with some of the knives.

Thinking of some S30V (Orange Manix 2) and some ZDP-189 units (Stretch 2 or perhaps Endura 4) in the near future.
Spyderbitten in 2011 and haven't been the same since.