Got the Chokwe and Resilience in the mail today!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JediKnight86

Post by JediKnight86 »

wsdavies wrote:Start with the Tenacious....but don't worry because of the price to value ratio you'll own them all. Plus some of the $ from these knives goes into the Colorado tax coffers so you're helping with my kid's education.
I tend to like the bigger blades as I have large hands and use my knives in the kitchen a lot, and since the Tenacious is smaller than the Endura and more Paramilitary sized overall, I think I want to start with the big boy Resilience.

I've never been against buying Spyderco's that come from Asia. I applaud China and Taiwan for manufacturing to such high standards for Spyderco. What has become of Schrade and all their cheap ripoff nonsense could learn a thing or two, but they won't and they don't care to. The US is still the world leader in the folding knife industry from what I can see. Is there a special program from these knives to get taxes back to Colorado?
Hi my name is Alex and I'm a Spyderholic :D
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

I have relatively large hands and tenacious fits pretty well. For me resilience's blade size is too big for daily utility uses. Oh and tenacious blade is a bit bigger than para1.
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

Spyderco is in CO so any profits to the company are paid into state income tax...plus the income tax paid by the Golden employees....plus the sales tax from the goods they buy and property tax...Not a big tax fan mind you, but if your gonna contribute to a state the CO is a good one!

BTW...Here is a size comp between the Ten. Res. and Endura
JediKnight86 wrote:I tend to like the bigger blades as I have large hands and use my knives in the kitchen a lot, and since the Tenacious is smaller than the Endura and more Paramilitary sized overall, I think I want to start with the big boy Resilience.

I've never been against buying Spyderco's that come from Asia. I applaud China and Taiwan for manufacturing to such high standards for Spyderco. What has become of Schrade and all their cheap ripoff nonsense could learn a thing or two, but they won't and they don't care to. The US is still the world leader in the folding knife industry from what I can see. Is there a special program from these knives to get taxes back to Colorado?
Attachments
size-comp.jpg
size-comp.jpg (59.43 KiB) Viewed 826 times
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
JediKnight86

Post by JediKnight86 »

wsdavies wrote:Spyderco is in CO so any profits to the company are paid into state income tax...plus the income tax paid by the Golden employees....plus the sales tax from the goods they buy and property tax...Not a big tax fan mind you, but if your gonna contribute to a state the CO is a good one!

BTW...Here is a size comp between the Ten. Res. and Endura
Ah gotcha. I'm good with supporting CO. I'd like to think buying Emerson's will support CA but not likely this state is screwed.

Thanks for that pic, great comparison! I want to handle the Tenacious and Resilience to compare, ugh I might have to buy both!
Hi my name is Alex and I'm a Spyderholic :D
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

I spent 30 some odd years in CA...Got out 5 years ago...don't regret leaving one iota. Life is fantastic out here!
JediKnight86 wrote:Ah gotcha. I'm good with supporting CO. I'd like to think buying Emerson's will support CA but not likely this state is screwed.

Thanks for that pic, great comparison! I want to handle the Tenacious and Resilience to compare, ugh I might have to buy both!
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
SnowCrash

Post by SnowCrash »

wsdavies wrote:I spent 30 some odd years in CA...Got out 5 years ago...don't regret leaving one iota. Life is fantastic out here!
I'm currently in Cali, moving to Texas in 6 months or so, already not regretting moving :cool:
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

You'll love life outside the fishbowl man! Living is more affordable, the people are nicer, the traffic is nothing, and people respect your natural rights more...like being able to concealed carry or EDC a real knife without people freaking out.
SnowCrash wrote:I'm currently in Cali, moving to Texas in 6 months or so, already not regretting moving :cool:
Theodore Roosevelt
SnowCrash

Post by SnowCrash »

wsdavies wrote:You'll love life outside the fishbowl man! Living is more affordable, the people are nicer, the traffic is nothing, and people respect your natural rights more...like being able to concealed carry or EDC a real knife without people freaking out.
only downside is the 5.5 inch blade limit- the reason I had to sell my cold steel espada XL =(

Ah well, it was AUS8 steel anyway, who uses that anymore :p