What should I tell my brother about his new CF Sage?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

He is not a knife person to my knowledge but he knows how to use tools, we've been apart for a few years and he deserves this gift.

The Sage is perfect for him because it's tasteful, beautifully functional, and exhibits superb quality.

I will tell him that is one of the best, He'll figure out the jimped choil for himself. I'll also suggest that he not think of sharpening it on a grinding wheel and will suggest better methods for sharpenining. Also have to tell him he can get it sharpened for $5.

What else should I tell him??
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: Tell him to enjoy the sharpmaker you're also giving him and to look forward to getting it sharper than factory. :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
Reject

Post by Reject »

Warn him how addictive Spyderco knives can be. :spyder:

So he cannot blame you in the future. :D
How much can a Koala bear?
hijjt

Post by hijjt »

Tell him that if he enjoys that one, the Sage 2 and Sage 3 are perfect companions... or what Reject said.

You could also explain the what Spyderco is doing with the sage platform. How the Sage 1 has a Michael Walker Liner Lock, and the Sage 2 has the Chris Reeve Frame Lock. It always makes me feel like I am holding a piece of knife history, if holding a Spyderco with a clip didn't already do that.

If that's not enough the product pages state that Spyderco is donating 5% of the sales to the National Alzheimer’s Association Denver, Colorado Chapter, which ought to make him feel good enough to buy another one :) .
:spyder: hijjt
||Centofante III, Caly 3 ZDP, Manix 2 CF, Manix 2 G10 PE, Mule S90V, Mule CPM M4, P'Kal, Tenacious (AWOL), White FRN Dragonfly, Para-Military, Lava, Mule 9cr18Mo, Swick s30v, Vesuvius Ats-34, Meerkat, Baliyo Green-Gray Handles, BlueGreen Meerkat, Pacific Salt, Mule CPM-S35VN, Green Endura Flat Ground, Smallfly, Matriarch Brown SE, UK Penknife Maroon Drop Point Combo Edge, Grasshopper ||
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

...he's lucky to have one! :rolleyes:

:p :D ;)
Armalite Native

Post by Armalite Native »

ooo don't forget to tell him about the 40/30 degree sharpening guideline thing.
JayTeeEmEm

Post by JayTeeEmEm »

Don't lose it!
:spyder: Stretch ZDP Delica 4 FFG Cricket SS Persistence UKPK FRN Rescue and Blue DP Sage CF Pacific Salt Centofante 3 Spin Dragonfly SS Bill Moran DP Military CF Lum Ti Military H1 Ladybug Hawkbill Ladybug Para 2:spyder:

"Knives have great depth. History, geography, metalurgy, hi tech materials, design, interesting mechanisms, everyday function plus the beauty in the creation of each piece.

It's an addictive hobby though. Be careful."

sal