Spyderco Paramilitary 2 availability

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Donut

Post by Donut »

I am trying to be patiently waiting the Para 2 I pre-ordered on July 30th.

Cutlery Shoppe is looking nicer and nicer for pre-orders.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
kawr

Post by kawr »

Donut wrote:I am trying to be patiently waiting the Para 2 I pre-ordered on July 30th.

Cutlery Shoppe is looking nicer and nicer for pre-orders.
Wow thats ridiculous. Hang in there bud.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

NexusS wrote:Whats WW? I just joined the forum the other day, Ive noticed while reading several other threads almost no one will type the actual store name without abreviations. Is it an unspoken rule no one mentions a Spyderco dealers name on this forum? :D
Well, I think there is a rule against deal spotting, although it seems to be OK to mention when you find a particular dealer that still has stock of a rarer/discontinued knife :) .

There are several good dealers out there, some may have a better price but charge more for shipping, or may not do international orders well. Some have better prices on one brand, but higher prices on another brand (yes I buy a few other knives also :) ). I've bought from and been happy with Amazon, Knife Works, Knife Center, New Graham, and Cutlery Shoppe, as well as others. For Spyderco knives, I have been very happy with Jeff at Cutlery Shoppe. He is human and can make mistakes - I once ordered several knives including an Atlantic Salt, but received a Salt I. I decided I liked the Salt I anyway and would rather keep it than bother with sending it back and exchanging it. I had no problem getting the credit for the difference in price. *Sometimes* it's a few days before he gets my order out, but usually it is pretty quick.
angusW

Post by angusW »

I was thinking of ordering a Para2 from CS but I think they just lost a customer. I just talked with them and I was told my Orange Manix2 is being packaged and will be sent out some time this week. I was one of the first to order it. I asked them why it took so long and they replied they do all the international orders together so whether your order is first or last doesn't matter. Bad business model if you ask me. Does caledon2 or W&W treat their non-Canadian customers the same?
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

angusW wrote:I was thinking of ordering a Para2 from CS but I think they just lost a customer. I just talked with them and I was told my Orange Manix2 is being packaged and will be sent out some time this week. I was one of the first to order it. I asked them why it took so long and they replied they do all the international orders together so whether your order is first or last doesn't matter. Bad business model if you ask me. Does caledon2 or W&W treat their non-Canadian customers the same?
Yep whenever I buy from CS I have a friend in u.s. forward it for me, cost way less (even after paying him extra beer/gas money) and quicker than having CS ship directly to me.
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

Just bought one on Ebay for 140.90 shipped.Seller has one more left.
A little higher but none of the dealers I talked to knew when they would have anymore.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

J Smith wrote:Just bought one on Ebay for 140.90 shipped.Seller has one more left.
A little higher but none of the dealers I talked to knew when they would have anymore.
S90V sprint for $140 on eBay?
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

It was the S30V.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

J Smith wrote:It was the S30V.
Sorry, brainfart, my error. :eek: :o That would have been a find, though!!! :D
Donut

Post by Donut »

kawr wrote:Wow thats ridiculous. Hang in there bud.
Thanks. I will, I'm good. :)

All that for saving a few bucks. -.-
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Finedges

Post by Finedges »

Hang in there guys! Got my Para2 in the mail today from GPKnives. The knife is PERFECT. Blade centering, detent, lockup, grind, everything is topnotch. I'll try to get pics up soon, but right now it's going in my pocket with me to dinner! The thing is, I thought the blade was supposed to be 3.5mm thick, but this blade is identical to my Millie's thickness. Anyone hear anything different?
racer88

Post by racer88 »

FWIW, I have a business that ships an information product. the ONLY country I've had problems with is Canada. I don't know why. But, besides being VERY expensive to ship there, I've had several shipments just disappear never making it to the customer. This has only happened in Canada with many hundreds of shipments. I always hold my breath when I ship to Canada.
polkhigh

Post by polkhigh »

Wow I didn't think it would happen so soon but I just got a shipping notification for the Para 2 from KC.

I just ordered it on Friday 12/31 and it shipped today. They must have gotten a pretty big batch in. My new Para 2 should arrive tomorrow!! I guess thats the perks for living about 40 miles from KC. :D
angusW

Post by angusW »

racer88 wrote:FWIW, I have a business that ships an information product. the ONLY country I've had problems with is Canada. I don't know why. But, besides being VERY expensive to ship there, I've had several shipments just disappear never making it to the customer. This has only happened in Canada with many hundreds of shipments. I always hold my breath when I ship to Canada.
I've heard the same thing from another business man from Austin. I was a bit upset after talking to CS today but they can't be blamed. From what I've heard whether the order is $10 or $10,000 the paperwork is a pain in the butt. My Mule came in last week and was opened by Canada customs. Ticked me off because they ripped the box but more importantly it's my property they're sticking their nose in.

W&W doesn't have any more Para 2's for sale now. I think I'll wait for the digi-cam Para2's to come out before getting one.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
Finedges

Para2 Outstanding F&F

Post by Finedges »

Yep, she's a beauty!! This Golden made knife has outstanding build quality. They are out there, you just gotta get on a in-stock notification list, so you can get one before they sell out(usually in a matter of minutes!)If you can get one, you'll be satisfied!

[img][IMG]http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy13 ... ra2001.jpg[/img][/IMG]
[img][IMG]http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy13 ... ra2007.jpg[/img][/IMG]
[img][IMG]http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy13 ... ra2004.jpg[/img][/IMG]
[img][IMG]http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy13 ... ra2003.jpg[/img][/IMG]
[img][IMG]http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy13 ... ra2005.jpg[/img][/IMG]
[img][IMG]http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy13 ... ra2002.jpg[/img][/IMG]
[img][IMG]http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy13 ... ra2006.jpg[/img][/IMG]
Orion's Belt

Post by Orion's Belt »

I'm still waiting for my Para 2 to ship from CS as well. I thought about cancelling my pre-order and picking up a Gayle Bradley, but decided to wait it out.
67nick

Post by 67nick »

Hey guys don't sweat it, Para 2's are in stock and available for a limited time at Blade HQ for a decent price. I just purchased a second one 20 minutes ago.
Orion's Belt

Post by Orion's Belt »

Still no dice for me from CS. I called the other day and Jeff said they were shipping them out, but I haven't gotten any emails or anything. Frustrating to say the least.
67nick

Post by 67nick »

Man, you just missed out at Blade HQ! They had them in stock tonight for a few hours, the price was decent too ($110). I had to grab one while they lasted. :)

If it makes you feel any better, I'm waiting on a Para2 from CS as well... They told me today it should be another week or two. :(
Max1975

Post by Max1975 »

I got lucky and found one at knife works,but an hour later they ran out.